Two Sides of a Coin

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“You used to live in America, right? Yonghwa asks Ailee. “Well, since you’re living in Korea now, I can be your Seoul-mate.” Bang the imaginary drums for Yonghwa’s joke. Ba-dump. It’s a lame joke, he knows, but Ailee laughs nonetheless. And it’s weird how Ailee’s laugh sounds so heavenly like her singing voice, and Yonghwa thinks he can listen to it every day.

 

Coughing, Joon catches Yonghwa’s attention. “Bro, lets switch places so I could charm her,” he requests impatiently. Without waiting for a response, he forcibly switches spots, therefore, Joon is sitting next to Ailee and Yonghwa is by Jessica.

 

The group decided to ditch the picnic idea since SOMEONE seem to have forgotten about the picnic basket. *Cough*Krystal*Cough* So they drove for a bit and found a traditional Korean barbecue restaurant. Upon seeing the prices on the menu they wanted to flee. The food is so expensive! Like over 3000 Korean won per pound of meat. Ridiculous! However, Nichkhun being Nichkhun insisted to pay for the whole feast, and who can say no to free food? No one. Unless you go by the name of Choi Siwon. He felt disgusted by the mere idea of someone paying for his meal. He comes from a rich family, and someone paying for him, makes him feel a beggar. So he left; didn’t bother to tell Tiffany in person.

 

Glad to see her friend, Jessica pats Yonghwa’s back. “Why hello there,” and their conversation leads them to the topic of Namsan Park, and how Yonghwa messed up the polo shirt that Jessica gave him because he “fell” in the dolphin’s habitat. “You’re an idiot,” is all Jessica says.

 

Moving onto another couple, an actual couple, a couple that kisses and whispers sweet nothings in each other’s ears, and - Nah! Changmin isn’t romantic. No matter how hard he tries, he just can’t be romantic. The most he can do is share a meal, and that’s because he loves to eat. They are eating a strawberry mochi dessert while Gyuri shares the history of how mochi originated from Japan, and then became popular in South Korea.

 

All by herself - that one Celine Dion song would fit perfectly for the moment - in the corner is Tiffany grumbling. She hates Siwon for leaving her. He knows that she is having issues with … well … everyone. She can’t talk to Changmin when he’s with his girlfriend. Yonghwa, Jessica, and Nichkhun are out of the picture. Ailee and Joon are basically strangers to her. The only person left to talk to is Krystal.

 

Among the two Jung sisters, Krystal is the one who hardly says anything. Jessica says Krystal is shy, and Tiffany acknowledges that as factual. Meeting Krystal for the first time was a disaster for Tiffany. She remembers Krystal locking herself up in the bathroom and crying because some of the boys wanted to talk to her but she had difficulty thinking of the right things to say. Resulting in it becoming difficulty for Tiffany to start a conversation with Krystal. What does the girl like? Boy, definitely, but what else? Tiffany further wonders if Krystal has any friends and what goes on in the mind of Soojung Krystal Jung.

 

I want to go home, Krystal thinks. She’s bored. As heck. Bored as heck. She should have never agreed to come along on this outing. But hey, she has no other friends. Sad to say, but it’s the truth. Not because she is shy. She grew out of that phase a long time ago. She has no friends because she thinks she doesn’t need any. She’s fine without them since she was able to live without them for her whole childhood and adolescent years.

 

For Krystal, friends equal trouble. Look at her unnie and her friends. They’ve been in tons of arguments and it seems like they have not learned their lesson yet. But that does not stop the green flames in her eyes to appear. Having friends must be great. At the university she attends, she would go to class, listen, take notes, and then go home. Has never been invited to a party. Weird, since her sister is a famous designer, has connections to famous people, and can get them into high profile parties. Yet, no one has ever invited her to anything, including a simple birthday party at Starbucks. Always alone. No one to talk to. Those boys she dates, kills time.

 

Jessica worries, as any older sister would. Yonghwa has a younger sister himself and she’s popular among her classmates.

 

“I’m scared, Yong. What if she becomes the crazy, lonely old lady who owns seventy cats?” Jessica would ask Yonghwa during their late night phone talks they would have during her college days and his trainee days.

 

Yonghwa would respond with, “Hey, if you jinx it a bunch of times, maybe it won’t come true.” And she would hang up, afterwards.

 

If there was anyone in the room that could relat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter