End of the Game

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tonight we’re going har har-har ha-ha-hard

Just like the world is our our-our our-our-ours

We’re tearin’ it apart part-part pa-pa-part

You know we’re superstars, we are who we are!

We’re dancing like we’re dum dum-dum dum-dum-dumb

 

“Goodness gracious, Sica,” Yonghwa complains. He’s in the backseat of Jessica’s car while the girls are in the front with Jessica driving. “Either change your taste in music or just turn off the radio.”

 

“Boohoo!” Jessica says mockingly. “You just want to listen to rock music, Mr. Elvis Presley!”

 

“And how is rock and roll not any better than the shizz you listen to?” he challenges.

 

Tiffany looks behind her shoulder at Yonghwa. “Don’t hate. Just don’t hate on our music, Yong.”

 

“I’m not being a hater. I’m being a truther at the moment.”

 

The girls burst out laughing.

 

“You got that from Drake and Josh, didn’t you?” Jessica smiles. Drake and Josh is an American show that Jessica introduced them to, years ago. “You’re such a dork, Yong! Gotta admit, though, I’m going to miss these kinds of moments when we graduate,” confesses Jessica.

 

Yonghwa nods in agreement. Before the car accident, Yonghwa and his band were scouted and brought to the agency for an audition. The agency like their music and offered them an offer. Right when he graduates, he and the band will start preparing for their debut. Songs were already written for the first album, thanks to the efforts and hardwork from Yonghwa. Since the agency is in Cheongdam Dong, Yonghwa will be the first to leave town. Following Yonghwa will be Jessica. She’ll be leaving for Seoul to study business. Soon Tiffany will be alone. Up to now, Tiffany has no idea as to what she wants careerwise. “Maybe become a fashion designer.” Taeyeon’s words ring her head. A fashion designer. There have been no thoughts of Tiffany becoming a fashion designer since then. Maybe she’ll start considering it. Maybe she’ll even thank Taeyeon. Not now, but maybe later on.

 

“We’re here!” Jessica sings. “Woah, Nichkhun’s house is larger than South Korea.”

 

“I should have brought Sojin with me,” Yonghwa confesses regretfully. College assignments kept Sojin from attending with them. You should have seen Yonghwa’s reaction when Sojin said she couldn’t come. It was a mix of the cat from Shrek and a puppy. Jessica wanted to vomit when she saw heard the story from him. Then, she rolled her eyes and told him to man up and that he can survive one night without his girlfriend causing Yonghwa to whimper.

 

The trio enter the mansion, and the first set of people they meet are the other CNBlue’s members, chatting it up with some flirtatious girls. Tiffany leans towards Jessica to ask about Minhyuk and Krystal. “They broke up,” Jessica simply responds, as if she isn’t surprised. Tiffany looks to Yonghwa who just shrugs and tells her, “Minhyuk wasn’t really heartbroken when they broke up. Said he saw her with an older man afterwards. Geez Jessica, your sister is out of control.”

 

The group gets drinks first, Yonghwa ensures the punch hadn’t been spiked as of yet, and then head to the dance floor. Being a non-dancer, Yonghwa embarrasses his female friends with his old fashioned one-two step moves. “I can do a wave!” he screams.

The girls scream as they’ve never seen Yonghwa do anything remotely dancing. Heck, he can’t even do the Live Long chant when it’s Labor Day.

 

“Good thing your girlfriend isn’t here to see how much of an embarrassing dancer you are!” Jessica teases him.

 

“Who cares!” Yonghwa screams back. “Just enjoy the moment!”

 

Tired from dancing, Tiffany separates herself from her friends and head back to the table where she sees Nichkhun’s mother. “Hi, auntie Yenjit,” she happily greets, but her greeting is not reciprocated warmly.

 

Yenjit coldly stares down at Tiffany, her nose up in the air, and an air of superiority surrounding her. “Tiffany, how,” she sighs, “have you been? Long time no see.” She forces a smile.

 

“Great. More than great. This is a fabulous party. Auntie could win mom of the year or party animal of the year.”

 

“I suppose.”

 

Tiffany notices Yenjit’s cold and uninteresting behavior. “Do you know where Nichkhun is?” she asks.

 

“Nope,” she shakes her head. “I have to go and refill the punch. Sadly, some punk spiked it. Goodbye Tiffany.”

 

“You just got dissed.” Tiffany turns to the sound of a wicked laugh and discovers Victoria standing on the other side of the table, chuckling to herself. “My mother just dissed you. That is so hilarious yet humiliating.”

 

Tiffany’s blood is boiling at extremely high levels. She stomps to Victoria’s side and seizes the latter’s arm tightly. “I know you leaked the pictures.”

 

The wicked witch of the story jerks her army out of Tiffany’s hold, and then rolls her eyes. “What pictures?”

 

“Don’t act so innocent with me when Taeyeon already confessed everything.” Tiffany can hear Victoria curse under her breath. “So it’s true. Have to admit; I understand why you did it. You’re mad that I’m with Nichkhun. You’re mad that you aren’t with Nichkhun. You’re mad that you can’t be with the person you love. And I get that. I, too, have to live without the person I love. My mother. But that doesn’t give you the right to invade another person’s privacy.” Tiffany is keeping her voice at a steady pace and tone while making sure that no one can hear their conversation.

 

Victoria clicks her tongue. Comparing Tiffany’s mother to her love for Nichkhun sounds so absurd to Victoria. “So what? What is the point of you yelling at me? Are you looking for an apology, because if you are, then you might as well walk away.”

 

“Victoria-”

 

“Walk away! Just walk away! Whatever what you say to me, an apology won’t come out of me. Leave.”

 

Tiffany stands still, deciding if she should walk away or not. Eventually, she does, and then dives right back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter