Take my Word for It

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did you see the pics?”

 

“Of course! How could I have not? They’re like everywhere!”

 

“She really is a cheap person for taking those pictures.”

 

“You think she sent them to everyone herself? I heard American celebrity Adrienne Bailon - the one from the Cheetah Girls - leaked her own pictures for attention. Maybe Tiffany did the same.”

 

“May - Shush. Nichkhun is coming this way.”

 

“How could Nichkhun date a girl like-”

 

“Shush! Oh, hi Nichkhun oppa.”

 

Nichkhun bows to the girls, despite the ache in his forehead, caused by the confusment he felt since arriving to school that morning. Upon setting foot on school grounds, classmates from his grade have been sending him pity looks while some apologized to him. He has no idea why they are apologizing to him but they are and it’s starting to creep him out. He thinks his buddies, Taecyeon and Wooyoung, have some sort of involvement. Like, Wooyoung and Taecyeon may have gathered everyone and convinced them to apologize to Nichkhun as some big joke. Harharhar. So funny in Nichkhun’s opinion. Sarcasm noted.

 

Nichkhun’s at his locker, getting his textbooks for his first class, English,  an easy class for him because he’s been learning English, since his mother plans to send him abroad.

 

“Hey, man,” Taecyeon appears out of nowhere, Wooyoung by his side, and wraps an arm around Nichkhun’s neck. Oh, no. Nichkhun can smell trouble. The smell is practically radiating off the two. “Where have you been, buddy? We haven’t seen you since you started going out with Tiffany.

 

“Which,” Wooyoung interrupts, “means you won the bet. Congratulations!”

 

Nichkhun shoves Taecyeon, a scowl on Nichkhun’s handsome face. “If you haven’t noticed by now,” he states through gritted teeth, “I don’t care about the bet. I never cared about the bet because I only did it to protect Tiffany from you two. Now, goodbye. And don’t ever talk to me from now.”

 

“Hey there, buddy,” Taecyeon growls. “You may be the prince of the school but your girlfriend is no princess.”

 

“You may not see her as a princess but I do. Tiffany is my princess.”

 

“Well, your princess has a rocking body,” Wooyoung grins.

 

“What?” Nichkhun asks. His blood is boiling. What kind of man would say such a comment about another man’s girl?

 

Rather than answering him verbally, Taecyeon holds up his iPhone, showing an image of Nichkhun’s girlfriend in her …. well, her birthday suit, lets just say. Nichkhun’s eyes are about to fall out of its sockets. He scans the hallway and notices everyone on their phones; pointing, laughing, and chatting about something. That something must be his girlfriend’s private pictures. “Where did you get these pics?” Nichkhun demands, shoving Taecyeon up against the wall, all prepared to punch the living daylights out of him, for Nichkhun thinks it’s Taecyeon who spreaded the pictures.

 

Taecyeon raises his arms in defense. “Hey, man. It ain’t me. I swear. It ain’t me. Someone posted this online and sent the link to everyone via email.”

 

“Yeah, Nichkhun,”  Wooyoung tries to pull Nichkhun off his best buddy. “You gotta believe us.”

 

“Who sent the link?” Nichkhun shoves Taecyeon further into the locker, if that was even possible.

 

“We don’t know, man.”

 

“How do you not know?” Nichkhun barks. “You must have seen the recipient’s address.”

 

“The recipient’s address was unknown,” Wooyoung reasons, “No one has him, her, or even them as an email contact.”

 

“Then how would you that’s my girlfriend? It could be any random girl.”

 

“Dude, open your eyes - ask her yourself if you have to,” Wooyoung suggests. “But that is your girlfriend for sure. Take my word for it.”

 

Nichkhun lays off Taecyeon and starts to walk off, without forgetting to shout, “Don’t consider yourselves as my friends!”

 

“Who would want to be your friend anyway?!” Taecyeon shouts back.

 

“I want to be his friend,” Wooyoung mindlessly says, earning a slap on the head by Taecyeon.

 

Leaving behind his two idiot friends felt so good. Nichkhun should have gotten rid of them sooner.

 

 

“Aye, Krystal found another boyfriend,” Jessica complains to Tiffany. They reconciled at the hospital along with Yonghwa. Now they are skipping down the hallways, arms linked together, eating chocolate chip cookies, and catching everyone’s attention, because as far as everyone knows, those two had a fight a few weeks ago.

 

“Who is it this time?” Tiffany amuses herself. She could never keep track of Krystal’s boyfriends nor stop being amazed at how the young girl is able to capture a new boyfriend so quickly. “Wasn’t last month a guy named … hmmm … who was it again? Ah! His name was Tao.”

 

“Aye, Tao. Boy has good taste in bags but he’s such a crybaby! Everytime I saw him, he would be crying at some small thing. ‘Oh Jessica noona, Krystal was being mean to me! Wahhhh! Krystal dropped my ice cream! Wahhhh! She touched my Gucci! Wahhh!’” Jessica’s impersonation of Krystal’s last boyfriend cracks Tiffany up.

 

“So who is it this time?”

 

“Yonghwa’s bandmate, Minhyuk,” Jessica pouts.

 

“Ah, Minhyuk. The drummer boy. He’s cute and nice. Yonghwa said he’s class president.”

 

“That’s why my sister can’t date him!”

 

“Bwoh?”

 

“He’s too good for her.”

 

“Aye Sica…”

 

“Just saying the truth. Like he’s the president of their year, his father is the vice president of a major corporation, well respected by those academy’s snobs, and-”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter