Visitation of Old Feelings

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

O. M. G.

 

Avoid him, Tiffany, avoid him, the girl squints her eyes and shifts to the right, so that she doesn't see the approaching man. But it's hard when you haven't seen him, when you are curious to how he is, of how she just wants to scream yet hug him at the same time.

 

On the contrary, Jessica sprints to be the first to envelope Nichkhun in a big hug, their warmth mixing. Not a moment sooner, Changmin, Gyuri, and Krystal return from the restrooms, there’s commotion. Nichkhun actually greets Changmin, as if he had forgotten that he broke the older man’s little sister’s heart. Tiffany is hoping Changmin would explode like a volcano at the sight of Nichkhun but there isn’t much of a reaction. Changmin welcomes him back to the country, and the group embarks on the passage way up the mountain, wearing their disguises and passing by people of different groups. There were those who came to Namsan Park, the beautiful Namsan Park as Gyuri described, as tourists who came to Korea for the first time; students, ranging from middle to high school, on field trips; and couples basking in serenity of the environment. The colorful leaved-trees. The shining lakes. The rich, traditional culture. Every visitor appreciates the glory of being away from the city. Being a big group, everyone agrees to split up, and then meet at the cable cars.

 

Tiffany watches their big group break into smaller groups, then embarking on their adventures; and she, wanting to make today special, begins to drag Siwon off in the direction towards the aquarium, however, the tired man pulls away. He tells her, while rubbing his eyes, that it’s best if they stay nearby the cable car to make it easier for them. Pouting, she agrees to her boyfriend’s plan.

 

In the far distance, Tiffany catches sight of Nichkhun’s retreating back alongside Jessica’s.

 

 

The Maritime Aquarium crowd claps at the cute dolphins’ ball tricks, and they laugh when Joon almost falls into the dome of water after feeding the friendly sea animals. Luckily, though, Yonghwa manages to save him by clutching Joon’s arms tightly. Unfortunately, Joon, being oh-so-clumsy, finds a way to fall, like actually fall into the water, and drags Yonghwa down with him. Ailee, along with the rest of the audience, laughs at the scene of the wet, dripping boys emerging from the dome, arguing.

 

Despite the state the boys are in, the trio continue touring the aquarium for the sake of the fact that, after this, they are going back to work. Yonghwa got a week off due to Jessica’s store opening plus the scandal. But after Tiffany returns home and Jessica resumes her fashion work, he’s heading back to the studios to record some new songs for their upcoming album. Same goes for Ailee. Since the scandal is dying down Ailee will restart her comeback preparations. Joon is in the midst of filming a movie but for a friend he took the day off.

 

At the shark tank Yonghwa shares a story from his youth after Joon pesters him to do so. “Jessica and I used to go to the aquarium together. Ours back home was not huge or had as many animals or was anything spectacular. It was, honestly, a dump. But saying random stuff and hearing the parrots repeat us, feeding the seals and dolphins, and rubbing the turtles’ backs, those moments made each return worth it.” Yonghwa smiles. He remembers those days of being young and free. Not having to hide from the media. Completely different from his current life.

 

“And then,” he says while the trio eat some whale shaped chocolate covered cookies, “Jessica would get freaked out whenever we go to the shark exhibit. Her scream … Her scream, man, her scream would make anyone within the area think a horror film was being filmed there. She thought the sharks would eat her. How ridiculous. She did enjoy the exit out, though. It was a tunnel where the ceilings featured live sharks swimming above our heads. The only spectacular thing the aquarium had to offer, and Jessica’s favorite.”

 

“You and Jessica must have been close back in the day,” Joon comments, dictating a sense of love and respect coming from how Yonghwa speaks in regards to his memories. He wonders, if Yonghwa has ever held romantic feelings for the girl. It would not be much of a surprise.

 

Ailee remains silent.

 

“You would think, considering Tiffany and Jessica being friends for a longer time, that they would be closer, but it wasn’t like that.”

 

Yes, Tiffany and Jessica have been friends for a longer period of time. However, the girls held different interests during high school, which had changed the dynamics.

 

Yonghwa and Jessica took part in after school activities. Every day, their activities would end late, and Yonghwa would Jessica home.

 

They both auditioned and won roles in the school rendition of Hairspray. Yonghwa played Link Larkin, a miracle since Yonghwa is a terrible dancer; whereas, Jessica starred as Penny. They spent their free time during practices and outside of practices going over lines, offering acting advice, and learning the dances.

 

Volunteering at the same places and doing service projects together.

 

Attending Church and classes and sung in the choir together.

 

Even watching dramas together.

 

They did everything together while Tiffany was busy solving her answers or running away from her problems.

 

“The only time I didn’t spend with Jessica was when Tiffany took her away during the school day to talk about her problems.” Yonghwa admits, “I was jealous, to be honest. It would be me and Jessica being delinquents, stealing money from the vending machines. But then, Tiffany would waltz in and steal her from me.

 

“Were you ever in love with her?” Joon asks.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter