Regrets

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bustling of the cars provides the only source of noise to the dead conversation between the Hwang siblings. Neither of them care to utter a single syllable in fear that undiscovered feelings and truths would be brought to life, or worse, another relationship brought to ruins.

 

“Regrets.” Changmin hangs his head in surrendance to the silence, clasping his hands together, like he was praying. Or he could be praying because needs a miracle to save his sister from spiraling down the wrong road. The same road that brought him to misery caused by his biggest remorse. He had chosen to let go of the closest thing he had to a brother; that is his greatest regret. “Regrets can really beat a person up.”

 

Regrets. Tiffany puzzles over what he could possibly mean by regrets.

 

“Tiffany,” Jessica’s voice alerts her. When Tiffany tears her eyes off the ground, she finally notices that Changmin is no longer by her side. Instead, Jessica is awkwardly in her presence. The tension grows suddenly rigid, smothering.

 

Back inside the restaurant...

 

Nichkhun twirls the little pepper shaker before it tips over causing the content to spill.

 

“You seem nervous,” Yonghwa notes, helping to clean the mess.

 

“Am I?” Nichkhun laughs, hands shaking.

 

 

"Well, yeah."

 

 

Taking a deep breath, Nichkhun carefully chooses his words to share the news.

 

Outside the restaurant…

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Tiffany begins, straight to the point. Enough of this beating around the bush, waiting for someone to make the first move, because at this point, they are all tired of drama and want to live a happy life full of sunshine and rainbows. Well, not really but to get rid of all the drama that constantly shadows them.

 

“You think we didn’t try,” Jessica replies plain and simple. If Tiffany wants to get to the heart of the matter, then Jessica will do the same. “I called, texted you, and even sent you a message through Weibo, but nothing, zilch, no reply."

 

Shaking her head, Tiffany remarks, “We’re best friends. I thought our friendship was strong enough, Jess. To fight against the test of time, any complication, any situation that comes between us. I thought our friendship would survive through anything. That’s how strong our bond is, or I thought so.”

 

The brink of tears is approaching for Jessica. “It is, Tiff, but … We felt like … Like you abandoned us in the dirt and spit on us as if we were nothing to you. To us, it felt like you were throwing yourself away for one boy who has given you love and made you feel special for a short period of time.”

 

 

“As if,” TIffany scoffs.

 

 

“Listen to yourself,” Jessica sternly says. “Goes into one ear. Comes out the next ear. I’m making an effort here to patch our friendship. However, it seems like you don’t want to.”

 

 

“Okay. Okay!” Tiffany throws both arms in the air, like that one iPhone emoji. “Yes,” she admits, looking at Jessica, “I’m over this. Our friendship is not worth all the drama and confused feelings. So lets save ourselves from wasting our lives, our times, even more.” She turns around to avoid facing Jessica. The cracks in their bond is becoming more and more apparent, and the gap is separating even further.

 

“That’s it? We are just going to end our friendship this wat? Lets talk, at least!”

 

Realizing it could be the end, Jessica tears up. She wants to beg. Tell Tiffany that she’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter