Jongsica

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After Jessica drops Tiffany off at Yunho’s home, earlier that afternoon, Jessica drives to the nearest coffee shop, intending to meet Jonghyun for a little date. She’s sitting by the entrance to look out for Jonghyun, drinking a caramel mocha drink. Yeah, she knows she is moving on too fast, she should slow down and enjoy the single life, but Jessica’s heart is slowly getting repaired bit by bit thanks to Jonghyun. The two have been friends long before Jessica met Donghae. Minutes pass by, and Jessica starts to worry that Jonghyun could have stood her up. Fortunately, Jonghyun shows up as he sprints into the coffee shop. After catching his breath, he spots Jessica and orders a drink before sitting at Jessica’s table.

 

“Hey, Sica,” Jonghyun blushes.

 

“Hi,” Sica returns the blush. They take a sip from their drink, waiting for the swirling of butterflies to calm down in the stomaches.

 

Lately, they have been getting closer to the point where they are texting and calling twenty-four seven, something Jessica has only done with Donghae. As for Jonghyun, he’s been waiting for this moment since he realized his true feelings for Jessica, about a month ago when Haesica was still a couple, but he is pretty sure the feelings have been there since they met and were simply unacknowledged.


 

No one is saying a word, but the silence is nice for Jonghyun and Jessica. The silence is not an issue for them. They do not need words to express how much they love being near one another, and are given the time to reflect upon their feelings and ponder if this could be the real deal. Sure, this is their first date, but they’re close friends who have hanged out together, whether with friends or just the two of them. A few more minutes pass, and Jonghyun deems it enough time to get over the giddiness of their first date and to officially start the fun. He leads her out of the shop and first assures her that her car will be fine in the parking lot. They take a walk around Seoul, admiring the beautiful sites the city has to offer them, and enjoying the touching of their hands as they snugly hold one another. Nothing could be more perfect than this.

 

They stop for ice cream, and Jonghyun buys vanilla for him and strawberry for Jessica, who gushes at how Jonghyun remembers her favorite ice cream flavor, since she recently told him at the beach, about a week ago. Their hands are still attached as they their ice cream on a park bench. The park is tranquil since only a few kids went today, adding more to their quiet date atmosphere. Truth be told, Jessica likes this atmosphere. With Donghae, there was always laughter, jokes, and never a quiet moment. She thought she preferred a relationship like that, but being with Jonghyun changed her mind.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter