The Damage Has Been Done

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are these clothes fine” Tiffany twirls in front of the hotel’s full length mirror in clothes she borrowed from Jessica.

 

“It’s lovely,” Jessica replies in a bored tone. She’s laying on Tiffany’s bed on her back, reading a magazine that covers the grand details of her journey of going from a soccer athlete to a fashion intern to a fashion designer. Back home, many people were shocked when they heard that Jessica dropped out of business to focus on fashion. No one suspected that the once self proclaimed tomboy Jessica was even into fashion, but apparently, it was a secret passion for the girl. “Yonghwa is in Cheongdam Dong,” she randomly says. “Minhyuk got hurt, so Yonghwa left to personally make sure he’s fine.”

 

“That is sweet of him. Why can’t he be like that towards Ailee?” Jessica freezes at Tiffany’s question, and the latter knows the former is keeping a major secret from her. But Tiffany has a big date coming ahead, and she doesn’t want anything to spoil her mood. “Are you sure these clothes are fine?”

 

Jessica waves her hands. “Yeah, yeah. Of course I would say those clothes are great. I designed them,” she points out. “You questioning whether they are good or not wounds me in the heart.”

 

Tiffany laughs, and then turns the television on. She likes to hear the celebrity gossip while doing her makeup.

 

“Songwriter Kim Jonghyun is getting married, ladies and gentlemen, to his Victoria Secret model of three years,” the host of E! Korean News announces. Tiffany looks to Jessica who beams at the news.

 

“Jonghyun and I worked out our differences. He said our friendship is more important than our relationship. Plus, his new fiancee is gorgeous and promised to be my main model for my first runway show.” Tiffany adds some blush to her cheeks while she remarks on how Jessica keeps in touch with her ex’s. “There was a reason why I liked him. It be a shame to lose a friend over a pesky high school romance.”

 

“Have you kept in touch with Donghae then?”

 

“Except for that guy. His friendship wasn’t worth it. You’d understand, right?”

 

“What do you mean by that?”

 

“Uhh … nevermind,” Jessica nervously looks away. “Just get ready for your lame date.”

 

Tiffany drops the brush and fumingly rushes to grab the magazine and smack Jessica’s face with it. Jessica sits upright and glares, issuing a challenge. But the girl flops on the bed and is contented with watching the host gush over the luxurious details over the wedding. “I wonder how much that ring would cost if someone were to pawn it off?”

 

“Siwon isn’t lame. He met David and Victoria Beckham,” Tiffany mutters but Jessica hears her.

 

“Yonghwa also met them when CNBlue had a concert in England, and he even played soccer with David’s kids!”

 

“Whatever,” Tiffany frowns. Her mood totally went down the drain. “Aren’t you suppose to be getting ready for your opening. Isn’t that like in how many days again? Two days?”

 

“I hired an assistant for a reason,” Jessica reasons. Tiffany grabs her phone. Her ancient phone. She can’t let Siwon see it or else he’ll know. “You want me to what?” Jessica falls off the bed.

 

Tiffany shoves her hand in Jessica’s face. “Let me borrow your phone.” Jessica argues that she has important people who might call her any time. “That’s why you hired an assistant for a reason, isn’t it? Just have her, whatever her name is, answer the calls.” Grudgingly, Jessica gives Tiffany her smartphone.

 

“My baby better come back in one piece,” she whines.

 

 

“So I told Jackie Chan that I was ready to star in an action movie, be it as the main star or stunt double, I was ready,” Siwon gloats. They’re eating at Mood, an Italian restaurant, one of the rare ones in Seoul, and shoving down a meal totaled up to over 300,000 korean won. They’ve been conversing about Siwon’s adventures in China. “Jackie got me a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter