The Date

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany rummages through her closet. She’s trying to find what she can wear to impress Nichkhun. She knows he comes from a very wealthy family so the chances of him bringing her to a fancy restaurant is more than 200%, meaning Tiffany has to look her best. Never before had Tiffany cared so much about looking good for a date. Looking through her closet, she realizes she possesses a few dresses, none of which Tiffany is happy with. She should’ve asked Jessica to borrow a dress. With little time left, she settles on a simple white dress and does a braid for her hair.

She checks her watch and deems it is time to head over to the bus stop near Yonghwa’s house where Nichkhun will pick her up. She never informed Nichkhun of the move, and she never will, because she never wants him to learn the truth.

 

Nichkhun ambles down the stairs in front of his family’s mansion. He’s looking sharp, black tuxedo and red bowtie, and ready to give Tiffany a good time. It’s weird. He never imagined he would go on a date with Tiffany, his childhood best friend, and he never imagined to be incredibly nervous.

From inside the mansion, Victoria glares at each footstep Nichkhun takes. She angrily contacts a person on her iPhone. “Hello … Yes … He’s leaving the house … You better not fudge this up.” Whoever this girl is, Victoria ponders, there will be hell for her.

 

 

Awkward is the best word to describe how Tiffany feels. She is currently watching Nichkhun converse with the head chef/owner of the restaurant Dong Bang Shin Ki. Strange name for a restaurant; however, after meeting with the owner, Tiffany can understand why.

 

Mysterious as a black raven, gentle as a newborn kitty, and strong as a tiger, the owner Jaejoong seems to exemplify perfection in Tiffany’s eyes. Jaejoong’s so beautiful that Tiffany wishes Changmin would marry him. Then, his personality surfaced. And Tiffany can only think of one word: weird. That’s what she thought of after witnessing Jaejoong humorously having a chat with their forks and spoons.

 

Apparently, Nichkhun’s family always came to Jaejoong’s restaurant when Jaejoong’s dad ran it.

 

“Oh, I know you,” Jaejoong’s words snap Tiffany out of her thoughts, “You’re Changmin’s younger sister.”

 

“How do you know my older brother?”

 

“He works here as a waiter during the weekends,” Jaejoong clarifies. “Hardworker. Sometimes he brings his friend Yunho to the restaurant. Ahhh. Those two are just a picture perfect sight to behold.” He grabs Tiffany’s hands, scaring the poor girl along the way, and confesses, “Don’t tell that grumpy brother of yours this but him and Yunho are my OTP, my luxurious number one ship.”

 

Tiffany snickers uncomfortably. She promises not to tell Changmin, only because she doesn’t understand Jaejoong’s words. (A/N: Well, someone isn’t a Tumblr person.)

 

“Bye Jae,” Nichkhun waves, “tell your wife Boa I said hi!” Tiffany gags on her food. Wife? Tiffany was positive that Jaejoong was gay. Nichkhun centers his attention on the alluring beauty sitting in front of him at the gagging sounds. “Let me guess. You thought Jae was gay?” She sheepishly smiles. “I thought he was gay as well. Jae’s best friend Heechul is thought to be gay, too, but whatya know, he’s married to a famous Japanese model. Shock of my life.” He swallows his red wine down.

 

“Why’s that?”

 

“When I met him,” Nichkhun leans closer to Tiffany, “he was wearing a floral blouse and red skinny pants and a blond wig. He reminded me of Lady Gaga.” Nichkhun shudders at the memory, whereas, Tiffany grins at his little anecdote.

 

“I wasn’t aware that Changmin did waitering at a restaurant. Is that a side job? Something he does over the weekends while he does his main job over the weekdays to extra money?”

 

Tiffany freezes. She does not know what to tell Nichkhun, the truth or a lie? She selects the lie, out of embarrassment since Nichkhun cannot know the truth. “Changmin … uhh … It’s for community service hours!” Out of all the lies Tiffany could have chosen, she chose the worst lie in the history of lies.

 

“Community services? Shouldn’t he out of school by now? Unless he was convicted of a crime.”

 

“Yeah. Changmin oppa stole from a baby. A candy bar to be exact.”

 

“So … Wait. He has to perform community service hours for being caught stealing a candy bar from a baby?”

 

“Well the law hasn’t always been perfect. Has it?”

 

“Hardcore,” Nichkhun nods, struggling to digest the lie, “You’re a brother is an absolute rebel.” They laugh simultaneously.  

 

Their laughter dies down when Jaejoong personally delivers their meals to their table. “Eat up!” he says.

 

The twosome devour their meal of medium-well done steaks and mashed potatoes with bacon. After the meal, Nichkhun pays the bill and bids farewell to Jaejoong while leading Tiffany out of the restaurant like a true gentleman.

 

Tiffany glances up at Nichkhun’s handsome face. She kinda wishes all guys are like him. Kind. Handsome. Well-built. Whoever he’ll marry will be a lucky girl. The though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter