Love Can't Be Forced

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Again, Krystal? Again!” Jessica yells from to kitchen to her little sister situated on the couch in the living room. The bright Sunday morning, the morning of Tiffany’s last day in Seoul, consists of Jessica running around the kitchen, attempting to make a nice lunch for the picnic in the park she has planned to say farewell to her best friend.

 

“Mianhae, unnie,” Krystal shrugs, changing the channel to watch I’m a Man. “Minhyuk and I just weren’t meant to be.”

 

“So, you decided to hook up with actor Kim Myungsoo instead!”

 

“He had a chocolate fountain!”

 

“What the heck, Krystal!”

 

The phone rings, and Jessica drops the cooking utensils to answer it. “Hello ... Oh. It’s you, Yonghwa ... What do you mean you have to do a live conference? … Seriously … The company is going to teach you what to say … Here’s what you should do. Talk to Ailee first. Tell her you know about the arrangement … Tell her that is the reason why you’ve been so mean to her … Yeah ... Okay. Bye.” Jessica puts the phone back in its place. She takes a second to just close her eyes and silently pray for Yonghwa. That everything would be fine. And then, she prays that the picnic would go alright as well.

 

 

At YMC Entertainment, in one of the conference rooms, Ailee sits and listens to her manager and company president discuss as to how they will handle the issue. She’s not really listening to them. Just twirling her pencil around in her hand.

 

“We can portray Yonghwa as the bad guy,” her manager says, perking the girl’s interest.

 

The company president considers the idea with deep contemplation. “That could be the only way out of this. Make Yonghwa the bad guy whose company forced Ailee to be part of the scandal. Dragged her into it. And lets say, they blackmailed us into agreeing.”

The pencil from Ailee’s fingers drop to the floor as she momentarily freezes at the prospect of someone she loves getting more hate from the media. “There are other ways to fix this situation. Lets talk with FNC and come to a reasonable conclusion.” Slowly, she calms down, thinking they would agree.

 

The manager chuckles at the suggestion. “The situation isn’t that easy, Ailee. The media and fans will take nothing but the truth, so why not twist the truth and make yourself the victim.”

 

“But I’m not the victim,” gesturing to herself. “I was the one who thought of the scandal idea because …”

 

“Because you wanted more media attention?” the president asks, seeing no other reason.

 

“Because,” Ailee hesitates before she spills the secret, “because I love him. I love Jung Yonghwa so much. I wanted to fix him.”

 

“Ailee!” the company president yells. “You are a strong, independent girl and you are turning weak for a boy!”

 

“I’m not turning weak. Between the two of us, I need to be stronger, in order to help him become one whole piece again.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter