Himnae

Love Finds A Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy New Year! 
I hope to be more active and publish more work this year! 

Chapter 30:

 

 

He groaned. He had been listening to the obnoxious sound of a beeping noise for the past few hours. But he couldn’t open his eyes and he couldn’t get himself to move a thing.

 

Trying again for what seemed to be a thousandth time, his eyes fluttered open. But quickly shut them at the bright lights from the ceiling and from the windows. Another groan. He tried to move his body to the upright position but failed as he ended up just flailing. It caught the attention of the people in the room.

 

“Oppa!” cried Hayeon as she made her way to her brother’s side.

 

“W-Where… am… I?” he could barely talk. His voice was raspy and it was kind of painful to even voice out what he was trying to say.

 

“Hold on, we’re gonna get a doctor for you hyung” said a tall doe-eyed male giving him his most sincere smile. The tall boy ran out the room and waved at the nearest nurse.

 

He blinked a few times trying to get his eyes to adjust to the lighting. But as he did so the events that had transpired flashed before his eyes causing him to start having a panic attack.

 

“W-Where’s Sica?!” he flailed. “I need to find her!!”

 

Yoong came rushing back inside to hold him down. “Hyung it’s okay, she’s just in the room over taking care of her dad” he said trying to calm him down,.

 

“I-Is appa o-okay?” his voice filled with worry.

 

A nod.

 

“Good thing that good for nothing Taecyeon has bad aim because the gunshot wounds weren’t that bad”

 

“H-How long have I been out?” Taeyeon asked as he motioned for a cup of water.

 

“A day. It all happened yesterday. I’m surprised you’re up actually” Yoong chuckled and helped him.

 

“Thank you” he said as he finished drinking. “It was that annoying beeping sound” he pouted.

 

“Oppa, shouldn’t you be used to it by now since you practically live in the hospital these days?” his little sister joked.

 

“Yah! Too soon” Taeyeon groaned. But she did have a point. All this drama that he had gone through was too much. Did he regret sticking to his lover’s side though? No. Because deep down he knew that he’d go through it all over again if he had to. Except, a part of him felt a little disappointed that he couldn’t protect Jessica. Was he worth it though?

 

A few moments later, the doctor walked in. “Glad that you’re awake. I’m your doctor Lee Jongsuk,” he introduced himself before picking up the clipboard. He walked around the bed checking the machines and writing down results. He then did a brief check on Taeyeon to make sure everything was well.

 

“You’re recovering well” he said with a small smile. “You should be discharged in a day or so. Your gunshot wound was luckily nowhere near a vital organ. However, you did lose a lot of blood”

 

“Thank you, Doctor Park. H-How’s Mr. Jung?” Taeyeon asked looking at him with worry.

 

With a reassuring smile, Taeyeon felt a little lighter. “He’s doing fine. He hasn’t woken up yet, but I assure you that his wounds are fine. He just needs some rest and he can be out of here with you,”

 

Everyone in the room bowed towards the doctor as he bid his goodbye. Taeyeon leaned back into his pillow and let out a sigh. All he wanted was to see Jessica. He felt a pang of hurt when he didn’t see her when he woke up. But he understood as her own father was also in the situation, he was in.

 

Just as he was going to succumb to his drooping eyes, the door slid open and in walked in his very pregnant fiancée. His eyes perked up, but hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter