Something New

Love Finds A Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: 
Hello! Back with a new chapter! 
Please enjoy! 
 

Chapter 22: Something New

 

 

As promised, Taeyeon picked up Jessica from the hospital when she was discharged. The car ride from the hospital to his house was silent. This trip to the hospital was not their usual visit and Jessica was not in her usual bubbliness after hearing more of her soon to be baby. The poor blonde was much more upset and felt like a lot of weight was on her shoulders. She almost lost her baby.

 

Without much thought, the two unconsciously reached for each other’s hand during the drive. Taeyeon gave her hand a squeeze. Jessica would aimlessly play with his fingers. Upon arriving at the Kim residence, the two entered the house. Both a little upset that tonight they would be going to be sleeping in separate beds.

 

Reaching Taeyeon’s room, Jessica sat on their shared bed with a gloomy face. The young lad stood with his cheeks puffed out, scanning the area with a heavy heart. Exhaling long and loud he went to his closet and pulled out Jessica’s suitcase. Laying it out in the middle of the room, the two just stared at it.

 

“Jessica… you have to pack,” he said quietly as he took a seat next to her.

 

She shook her head. “I don’t want to,”

 

“Jessica…”

 

“No,”

 

“Sica…”

 

“Absolutely not,”

 

“Jessica, your parents are expecting you home soon…”

 

“Can… I just sleep beside you for one last night…?” she asked almost inaudibly.

 

Oh, how she could make him do anything. What was he going to do? Drag her out? One more night couldn’t hurt. In fact, he would definitely like that a lot. He pulled out his phone and sent Mrs. Jung a text.

 

[To: Mrs. Jung]:

 

>Jessica wants to spend one last night here.
>I’ll bring her back home before I head to school.
>I’m sorry.

[From: Mrs. Jung]:

 

>That’s fine.
>Thank you again for watching over her.
>Have breakfast with us in the morn.

 

Even though they had bought more time together, they still packed. Taeyeon gathered Jessica’s clothes and folded them. While Jessica took care of her intimates, even though Taeyeon had already seen them before. They packed in silence. Their hearts aching at the thought of being separated. No one really wanted to admit that they had really grown accustomed to how things were between them.

 

Once they were done with pretty much everything, Mrs. Kim had called everyone downstairs to eat dinner.

 

Dinner was quiet. Everyone in the household was sad to be losing Jessica. Mrs. Kim had enjoyed Jessica’s help in the kitchen to prepare their dinners. Hayeon enjoyed watching television and gossiping with her. Mr. Kim just enjoyed coming home to a lively home. A home that hadn’t seen a lot of laughter and smiles after his accident. The elder Kims were happy to see their son so happy, it was like seeing a whole new level.

 

Jessica broke the silence, “Thank you for opening your home to me,”

They smiled, “You’re very welcome. Don’t be a stranger and come over anytime,”

 

“Don’t forget to bring the baby over when they’re born,” Mrs. Kim winked.

 

“I definitely won’t,” she grinned rubbing her growing belly bump.

 

“Does that mean I’ll be an aunt?” Hayeon asked innocently.

 

Taeyeon almost choked on his bite of food. “Yah, you know it’s not my baby,”

 

His little sister could only shrug and stick her tongue out at him, “You’re practically playing dad,”

 

He blushed and so did Jessica.

 

“Aish,”

 

They all laughed, well except Taeyeon. After all of that, the atmosphere was lighter, and dinner went on like usual. Talked about the day that they had and random things that they saw. The blonde was definitely going to miss this. Dinner at the Kims was definitely a whole lot different from having dinner at her own home. Here, they goofed off and laughed to the point food would almost be sprayed everywhere. There, they talked about business and kept to themselves with the occasional daily update.

 

Once dinner was over, Taeyeon and Jessica cleaned up. When they were done washing the dishes and clearing off the table they went up to their room. Jessica showered first while Taeyeon started to finish his homework. When Jessica had finished, Taeyeon excused himself while Jessica got ready for bed.

 

Exiting the bathroom and entering his bedroom Jessica was sitting in her spot on their shed bed using his iPad. The blonde looked up at Taeyeon only to quickly look away blushing. Taeyeon blushed as he quickly realized he only had a towel around his waist and he was still dripping red. He quickly mumbled a sorry before grabbing some clothes and excusing himself back to the bathroom.

 

A few minutes and he was back in his room turning off the main lights. The only lights that luminated the room was the small lamps on the night stands. Fluffing his pillow, he turned to the woman beside him. A small smile crept on his face as he looked at her focused face, she was wearing glasses and her hair was tied up in a pony tail.

 

He shyly slid his hand across the bed to rub the girl’s belly. It didn’t bother Jessica from her reading, she could only smile at Taeyeon’s curious and comforting touch. The girl’s belly was getting bi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter