New Home

Love Finds A Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Enjoy!

*Please excuse any grammar mistakes! 

 

Chapter 14:

 

 

She was lucky that Christmas was a big distraction. Her family held a big Christmas party like they do every year. People who worked for her parents came and celebrated. They had a catered party, and everyone was distracted. She, was distracted. For a brief moment she forgot about her troubles and found herself laughing with her sister.

 

However, the enjoyment of the Christmas holiday was soon over, and she was now having a panic attack. She didn’t remember when she got his number, but she found herself dialing it. Putting her phone to her ear, she felt her heart beating fast.

 

“Yobosaeyo?” they answered.

 

She felt relieved. “T-Taeyeon… it’s Jessica,”

 

“Oh, Jessica! Sorry, I hadn’t saved your number yet,” there was chuckle on the other line. “Is there something wrong that you called?”

 

“Taeyeon… I… I need to tell my parents…”

 

“Oh… have you thought about if you were going to keep it?”

 

“I… I can’t kill it… It is my baby…” she said honestly. She knew her decision was going to cause a ruckus amongst the family.

 

“I understand, is that why you called to tell me your decision?”

 

“Oh… well… I…” Jessica was at a loss for words. “Can you come over…?”

 

“Are you sure…?” Taeyeon’s voice sounded uncertain.

 

“You’re the only one that knows… and I can’t tell my parents by myself… I need you for support,”

 

There was silence on the other line, “Okay. I just need to finish up here at the hospital and I will come over. I should be there in an hour, is that okay?”

 

“Y-Yes… Thank you,” she sighed in relief.

 

“Yes, I’ll see you in a bit,”

 

They hung up. Jessica groaned in frustration and laid down. What was she going to do with a baby? Is she making the right choice? What were her parents going to say? She hasn’t even finished high school and she was already having a child?!

 

She kept checking her phone for the time. As time ticked by; she was getting more anxious. It wasn’t before long that she received a text from Taeyeon saying he was there. Fixing her hair she quickly went downstairs to let him in.

 

“You came,”

 

“Of course, you asked me to,” he smiled.

 

She blushed. “I… don’t know how I’m going to do this…”

 

He reached for her hand and gave it a squeeze, “It’s going to go fine no matter what”

 

Just then a figure came around the corner. Eyes widened, and eyebrows furrowed at the scene. “Oppa…? Unnie…?”

 

Jumping from their spot, Taeyeon let go of Jessica’s hand. Blood rushed to his cheeks and gave a sheepish smile. “Ah… Krystal, hi”

 

“W-What are you doing here?” the young girl looked at the two of them with curious eyes.

 

Why was he here again? Oh right! “Jessica called me,” he scratched the back of his head.

 

“Is there something going on between the two of you?” she blatantly asked.

 

Jessica’s eyes widened and quickly shook her head. “No!”

 

“Then…” she was trying to piece things together, but it left her stumped.

 

“You’ll find soon enough,”

 

The three of them walked through the house. Jessica could feel her heart pounding. Different types of scenarios were playing in her head. She didn’t know what was going to happen. But she was going to expect the worse as her parents held their children at high standards. Taking a deep breath, she found her parents lounging in the living room.

 

“Mom… Dad” she said in English.

 

Her father looked up from his newspaper to see his daughters and an unfamiliar male. Her mother looked up from her magazine. Their eyes looked curiously.

 

“I need to talk to you two. Also, this is Kim Taeyeon a classmate of mine,”

 

“Taeyeon oppa is the coolest. He’s the friend we went camping with,” smiled Krystal.

 

Taeyeon smiled politely at the elders and did a ninety-degree bow. He could feel goosebumps as he looked at Jessica’s parents. It seemed like the cold exterior was a genetical thing. The room felt very cold under their gaze.

 

“Nice to meet you Taeyeon,” Mrs. Jung broke the silence.

 

“Please have a seat,” Mr. Jung motioned to the empty sofa. “What did you need to talk about Sooyeon?”

 

The three of them took a seat. Jessica was bouncing her leg in nervousness. She could feel herself sweating and it wasn’t even hot. Her breathing was becoming shorter and she didn’t know where she should start.

 

“Mom… Dad… Taecyeon and I broke up,” she started.

 

Krystal looked at her sister with shock. Taeyeon let out a sigh.

 

“Oh? That’s unfortunate,” Mr. Jung said dismissively.

 

Taking a deep breath, she looked at Taeyeon for some support. She was met with those soft eyes and she felt a little more courageous. It was going to be so much more different from this point on.

 

“Appa… Umma… I-I’m… I’m pregnant,” she finally mustered out.

 

The room was silent.

 

“What?!” her father and mother said once they finally realized what their daughter had just said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter