Promise

Love Finds A Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Here is an update!
Please excuse any grammar mistakes. 
Feeling good lately to hammer these out.
Glad you guys caught the TaengSic ff of a good-friend of mine :P

 

Chapter 21: Promise

 

 

He was panting as he sprinted down the hall with Jessica in his arms. He held onto her tighter as he ignored the yells of teachers. Without much thought, he pushed through the front door and ran to his car. He helped the latter into the passenger seat as she was still sobbing from the events and the pain.

 

Getting into the driver’s seat he drove off in lighting speed, ignoring the calls of the guards. He was breaking the rules, but he didn’t care. All he could think about was helping Jessica and saving the baby.

 

Never was Taeyeon a reckless driver. But today was an exception, he supposes. He ran three stops signs, two stoplights, and almost hit a celebrity trying to cross the street. But none of that matter, he needed to get to the hospital to find Narsha.

 

Pulling the car on the curb, he lifted Jessica out of the car and rushed into the emergency room. Jessica’s cries had died down, but it wasn’t an excuse to not make her a priority. Her baby was at risk. The nurses came rushing towards her with a wheelchair. Taeyeon gave her a kiss on the forehead before the nurses rushed her off.

 

“Please, call Dr. Park. She’s Jessica’s doctor!” Taeyeon begged as he watched them take the blonde away.

 

Luckily the hospital had a valet service, so he didn’t have to worry about his car. He followed another nurse to fill out paperwork for Jessica. Good thing he knew most of the information; name, birthdate, address (his own), and emergency contact (himself, Krystal, and his mom). Upon finishing, he was ushered to the waiting room.

 

However, he couldn’t sit. Taeyeon kept pacing back and forth that it would make anyone dizzy if they watched him long enough. He took his phone out and looked at all the notifications. The group chat was blowing up like crazy and he had a ton of missed calls from Krystal.

 

[Tiffany]: Please let me know when Jessica is okay!
[Krystal]: Is unnie okay?!
[Siwon]: Let us know if you need anything! Fighting!
[Yul]: That had some fking nerves.
[Yoong]: Yeah! Who does he think he is?! >:(
[Sunny]: What happened?! Fml. The day I ditch school…
[Sooyoung]: ruined my lunch. I missed my lunch!
[Yul]: @Sunbun, Taec confronted us. Then pushed Sica!
[Krystal]: I never liked him. He dead
[Sunny]: Wtf. Is Jessica okay?!

Taeyeon let out a sigh. He wasn’t sure if he should laugh at his friend’s antics or what. He ran his fingers through his messy hair before typing a response.

 

[Taeyeon]: @ the hospital. She’s in the back rn. Will update asap.

 

When he sent his message, he began pacing once again. He was gnawing on his thumb in worry. Pulling out his phone once again, he privately messaged Krystal.

 

[To: Krystal]:

>Your mom met us at Jessica’s favorite restaurant last weekend.
>She wants your sister to go home.
>Can you let your parents know that Jessica got hospitalized?
>I’ll let you know if she has to stay here.

 

Taeyeon gripped his phone tightly waiting for a response. After a few minutes his phone buzzed a couple of times.

 

[From: Krystal]:

 

>Oh????
>Mom didn’t mention anything.
>I’ll tell my mom when you update me.
>Thank you for watching over my sister.
>You’re the best oppa! <3

 

 

The young lad could finally relax. He sat on the chair and slumped. His eyes looked around, but his eyes kept landing at the emergency doors. As time ticked by, his eyes stared intently at the doors waiting for something for someone to come out to tell him something.

 

What felt like eternity, a doctor in scrubs came out. Pulling off their mask, Taeyeon immediately recognized the doctor and stood up in his seat. He was feeling jittery, but he didn’t want the doctor to think he was being too anxious.

 

“H-How is she? H-How is the baby?” Taeyeon stuttered. He was shaking.

 

The doctor’s face was unreadable. His heart sank a little. Bad news was going to be given to him and he wasn’t sure if he was going to be able to bear it. He gulped.

 

“Jessica is doing fine,” she started out. She took a deep breath and so did Taeyeon. “As for the baby… you guys are lucky. It’s quite a miracle that the baby is fine, you got her here in time. I’m going to have to keep her here for a few days just to make sure everything is going perfectly well with her and the baby,”

 

Taeyeon felt tears well up in his eyes. He quickly wiped a stray tear. They were happy tears. Jessica and her baby were alright, and that was the only thing that mattered the most right now. He let out a long sigh of relief.

 

“T-Thank you doctor!” he bowed ninety degrees.

 

Dr. Park touched his shoulder. He stood up with a soft smile on his face.

 

“Taeyeon-shi… care to explain what happened to Jessica?”

 

“Uh… things got out of hand during lunch because of Jessica… He pushed her… it was meant for me… I…” he tried to explain but tears were starting to well up again. The doctor gave his shoulder a squeeze of reassurance.

 

“Do I have to call authorities?”

 

“No!” his voice was a little too harsh. “I’m sorry… no… we- I can take care of it, it won’t happen again!”

 

The doctor’s face was stern. “It better not. She’s entering her second trimester, it’s only going to get harder from here,”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter