Wake Up

Love Finds A Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: 
It's been a week since I've updated! 
Sorry! I moved back to uni! #senioryear

ALSO. one HUGE THANK YOU <3 
to kmllstrd  for making a new cover photo for me!! 

This is a short update. I hope you enjoy!

 

Chapter 26: Wake Up

 

 

Two days passed.

 

Jessica sat on the stool staring at Taeyeon’s emotionless body. She watched his abdomen go up and down in a slow steady pace. The only noises that filled the room was the sound of his steady heart beat and the whirling of the humidifier in the room. She rubbed her growing belly and let out a sigh. It’s only been two days, but it feels like it’s been forever.

 

“Please wake up soon…”

 

One Week Later.

 

Everyone took their turns to visit Taeyeon. Even though Mr. and Mrs. Kim did not want to burden the youth of having to stare at a comatose Taeyeon, they were all insistent they do so. Mr. Kim felt bad that the children had to miss out on having some fun during their spring break to come visit Taeyeon and Jessica.

 

However, this week was a big week for him. It was finally going to be opening day of their second branch. The elder man stood alone in the room and held his son hand gingerly. He gave it a light squeeze. He was grateful to have Taeyeon as his son.

 

“Taeyeon-ah… today is opening day. I wish you were here with us to cut the ribbon and to celebrate. I hope you don’t mind me borrowing Jessica and the rest of the family for the occasion. You know how important this is for the family” he let out a sigh. “I don’t know how this (everything)… happened… First, I was in the hospital and needed heart surgery… Then, I come home to find out you brought a pregnant woman to come live with us. And then I learn that she’s the daughter of a very wealthy family. Now, this family wants you to marry their daughter? As well as help invest in my small business? Along with them paying for my medical bills?”

 

There was a brief moment of silence and he chuckled “I guess you really are a lucky gem. But if it wasn’t for you, our family would be… would probably be on the streets after paying off my medical bills”

 

He let out a chuckle before patting his son’s shoulder “I thank you for everything you’ve done for this family already. Please come back soon, Jessica is very upset with you and would like for you to return”

 

When Mr. Kim had left, Mr. Jung slipped in to have his own brief talk with the young lad.

 

“Taeyeon… I may have only known you for a short amount of time, but I will say that I have grown to adore you. Your perseverance and dedication in not only school but to your family and my daughter is very commendable. Something you don’t really see as often in this world anymore” sigh. “Your character says a lot about you and your potential. I hope that you will continue to watch over my Sooyeon and her baby with all your heart. Please come to soon”

 

 

Two Weeks Later…

 

 Taeyeon had progressed quite a lot in the past week, that the doctors had moved him out of the ICU. He was now able to breathe on his own and his lacerations from the accident were healing well. All the young blonde could ask for her was for him to get better and to return to her.

 

Every possible minute that she was allowed to, she would stay rooted in the sofa or reclining chair in Taeyeon’s room. Almost every minute she was not by his side, her mind would wander off to her comatose boyfriend, hoping that he would wake up soon. Every second of the day felt like time was taking an eternity, because he was not there with her.

 

 

 

···

 

 

 

 

A knock on the office door caused the middle-aged man t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter