29: Fire

Love Finds A Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Merry Christmas to my readers!
Here's a short update!

 

Chapter 29: Fire

 

 

He was in the middle of interrogating when someone came barging into the interrogation room. A newly hire was panting as he came through the door. It made the two people in the room snap their heads toward him. One hoping for good news, the other pissed for the interruption.

 

“S-Sir… H-He was s-spotted… at the manor,” he panted.

 

Without any hesitation, the investigator shot up from his seat. He didn’t need to know the finer details, he knew exactly what the newbie had meant. Picking up the file, he left the room with urgency ignoring the complaint of the man in handcuffs.

 

Running into the main room, he calls his group together into the conference room. He tells them a plan. They were to have back up, but they were not to engage immediately until he tells them so. Quickly confirming everyone’s positions, they put on their bulletproof vests and made their way out.

 

 

···

 

 

Taecyeon caresses Jessica’s face. The girl’s face was wincing at his touch. She felt sick to her stomach to be touched by him. All she wanted was to go to Taeyeon’s side. Biting her lower lip she tried to turn her head to search for him, but his hand forced her to look at him.

 

“I can take good care of you. Better than that good for nothing Taeyeon”

 

He took a side glance at the man lying on the ground clutching his bleeding injury. He scoffed before turning to look at the woman holding his child. He lightly caressed her cheek, “Come with me Sica…” he whispered into her ear. “We can complete our family,” he gave her cheek a light kiss.

 

But no response came from the blonde’s lips. Tears streamed down her face. She was gripping the edge of her shirt tightly, she wanted to run… but his hold on her was too tight.

 

She jumped at his touch. Especially now that he was rubbing her baby bump. It sent shivers down her spine. But she took this time to turn to look at Taeyeon. A whimper escaped her lips at the sight of his semi-conscious body. But she was thankful for their friends Yul and Tiffany as they somehow dragged his body away from them.

 

She shut her eyes tightly. She was feeling so many things: sadness, pain, fright, and anger. Taking a deep breath, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter