New Year

Love Finds A Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Please excuse the grammar mistakes
*Enjoy!
*This chapter isn't much.

 

 

Chapter 15:

 

 

 For the next few days, Taeyeon was barely home. He was picking up shifts left and right. No matter how much Jessica argued with him, he was adamant that he was going to work for the baby. However, she was beginning to get bored. It was fun the first few days. She was able to sleep for as long as she wanted and read the books she was dying to read. But now she was bored.

 

It was already past ten o’clock and Taeyeon still hadn’t come home. The blonde sat in the living room scrolling through the internet. Just as she was about to call it a night, she heard the front door open. The sound of shuffling made her ears perk and she looked down the hallway.

 

“Oh, Jessica you’re still awake?”

 

She smiled softly. “Oh… yeah… I need to ask you something,”

 

Taeyeon walked into the kitchen and looked for some leftovers to heat up. “What’s up?”

 

“I’m getting bored…” she was pouting.

 

As the microwave beeped, he pulled out his plate and grabbed a pair of chopsticks. “Did you watch the shows I told you to watch?”

 

“Yeah… I watched all of it already!”

 

“Seriously?!”

“Yeah, I’m the queen of being lazy” she got up and walked towards Taeyeon.

 

“That’s new,” he said sarcastically.

 

“Anyways, I’m going to get a job” she crossed her arms and looked at Taeyeon sternly.

 

Taking a big mouthful of noodles, he looked at the blonde like she was crazy, “Absolutely not!”

 

“Taeyeon, I’m like a month pregnant… the baby is the size of a speck of dust!”

 

He sighed in defeat, he knew that no matter what he was going to say she was going to argue him.  “Will that make you feel better?”

 

She nodded rapidly.

 

“Fine. But you should work with me at Sweet Caramel,” he said chewing with his mouth full.

 

“I don’t really want to work for my parents, but if that’ll let you say yes then fine,”

“You work tomorrow then,”

 

“Wait what?” Jessica furrowed her eyebrows and looked at him questionably.

 

“What?”

 

“Don’t I have to apply and do an interview?”

 

“Oh, I got promoted to manager last week,” he said grinning sheepishly.

 

Jessica stared at him in disbelief, “All this time…”

 

Just as they were going to bicker, Taeyeon’s phone lit up.

 

[Yul]: Lets go skiing this New Years!
[Tiffany]: OMG. I’ll be back from Cali, let’s do it!
[Siwon]: Let’s do it!!

Taeyeon looked up from his phone and glanced at the blonde, “Do you want to go skiing for New Years?”

 

“With who” The blonde asked picking out from Taeyeon’s bowl.

 

He swatted her hands away, “The group of friends. Oh, I’ll add you to the group chat!”

 

The blonde felt a pang of hurt. She understood that she wasn’t that close to them, but they didn’t bother to add her to their group chat.

 

[Taeyeon]: *Added Jessica Jung*
[Tiffany]: Oooh, Jessi you should come with

[Jessica]: I don’t have a choice

[Krystal]: If unnie goes, I have to too!!
[Kris]: My parents own a cottage in the slopes!
[Sooyoung]: More of a reason to go!

 

 

“I guess your first day will be after skiing,” Taeyeon laughed. “Guess I’m calling off tomorrow,”

 

 

····

 

 

It was New Year’s Eve and the group of friends made their way to Kris’s cabin in the mountains. They made sure that they timed their trip that they would all arrive to the house at the same time. As cars all parked, one by one they all got out.

 

“We’re here!” squealed Sunny as she stretched getting out of the cars.

 

“I think we’re just waiting for Taeyeon,” said Sooyoung.

 

As if it was on cue, Taeyeon’s car made its way up the driveway and parked next to Yul’s sedan. The group stopped in their tracks and watched as their leader come out and ran to the passenger side. Their eyebrows crunched together as they watched curiously. As he opened the passenger door, a blonde woman scooted out and smacked Taeyeon on the shoulder. Their mouths hung open as they realized who it was and was confused to why their friend was laughing like an idiot.

 

“Jessi…?” Tiffany broke the silence.

 

The two snapped out of their little world and looked at almost a dozen pairs of eyes were gawking at them.

 

“Hi Tiff,” the blonde shrugged as she grabbed her backpack out of the back seat of Taeyeon’s car.

 

Her best friend’s eyebrows crunched together as the blonde walked towards her. “You rode with Taeyeon? Where’s Taecyeon…?”

 

“Taecyeon? We broke up,” she said nonchalantly keeping a straight face.

 

The guys who were standing around them stood in shock.

 

“Broke up?!”

 

The blonde looked at Siwon with a straight cold face. “Are you deaf?”

 

He gulped.

 

Taeyeon grabbed his belongings and reached for the blonde’s backpack who reluctantly passed it back. She rolled her eyes at her roommate as he took it from her.

 

Taeyeon’s best friend Yul stood there in shock and leaned towards his twin brother, “Did we miss something…?”

 

Kris who shrugged the entire scene; unlocked the doors to the house to let everyone in. Everyone’s eyes widened in amazement at how beautiful the house was. It was a large modern and contemporary home. There was a huge view of the slopes as the walls to the main room was all glass.

 

“Room assignments?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“I don’t really care, there’s a lot of rooms” Kris shrugged.

 

“Amber and I in one,” smirked Krystal piped as she walked through the door.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter