Progress

Love Finds A Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Posting this from Icheon!
**Short update I wrote while in flight. 
Hope you like all this cheese!

 

Chapter 18

 

 

The two went home. The car ride home was silent other than when Taeyeon asked what the latter wanted for dinner. Of course, she was craving her favorite. Ddeokbokie.

 

Upon arriving, Taeyeon went straight to the kitchen to prepare the blonde their dinner. Jessica walked to Taeyeon’s room and washed up. She changed into something much more comfortable; a loose fit t-shirt and shorts.

 

When she had joined Taeyeon in the kitchen, the lad almost dropped their meal when his eyes scanned the woman. His cheeks changed to bright red. Clearing his throat, he served Jessica her share before his own. The lad made sure to give the girl more portions than his own.

 

Even during their meal, they were sitting in silence. Not one of them bothered to utter a word. While Taeyeon ate, the blonde quickly lost her appetite. She was staring at her rice cakes intensely; picking at it. The latter looked up from his bowl, his eyes landing on his companion with a worried look.

 

“Are you okay Sica?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“I… uh…” words were hard to process for the blonde. She couldn’t think of the right words to express what she was feeling.

 

“Are you done eating?” he changed the topic, pointing to her half-eaten bowl.

 

Embarrassed, she looked down with a sigh and nodded. “I’m sorry Taeyeon… I know you cooked this but… I just…”

 

The young lad reached out and placed his hand on the girl’s. “Good thing we have a refrigerator and we can store it all up,” he smiled widely.

 

“Thank you” she said almost inaudibly.

 

Taeyeon grabbed their bowls and put them away accordingly. The blonde sat in her seat still lost in her thoughts. If the lad hadn’t tapped her shoulder, she probably would have been there all night.

 

“C’mon let’s go to bed,” Taeyeon said in a comforting voice pulling her towards the staircase.

 

Taeyeon walked Jessica back to his room. While the girl got under the covers, Taeyeon was rummaging through his dresser to get clothes to change into. He shut the light off as he slipped out to use the bathroom.

 

Once Taeyeon was no longer in the room, Jessica’s emotions began to overflow. The emotions of anxiety, sadness, anger, and disappointment all exploded. At first the tears were slow, but then her tears kept flowing. She was now sobbing.

Exiting the bathroom, he was headed back downstairs when he heard sobbing. His heart shattered a little as he knew exactly who it was. He walked to his bedroom door contemplating if he should knock or just leave the girl some space. But he knew that he had promised that he was always going to be there for her. Taking a deep breath, he slipped inside.

 

Jessica heard the door open but couldn’t get herself to stop crying. She was feeling embarrassed, which only caused her to cry harder. The bed dipped, and she knew exactly who it was. Arms wrapped around her and she just let herself go. She buried her face in his chest sobbing. She felt relieved, but she wasn’t sure if it was because he was holding her or if it was her finally letting everything out.

 

Once her cries died down, she was beginning to feel tired. Her eyes grew heavy as she was falling asleep, she felt Taeyeon scooting away. Without much thought she gripped him tighter and whispered, “Stay here with me tonight…”

 

This surprised him. He was a little tense as he sat holding the blonde. “A-Are you sure?”

“I… don’t want to be alone right now…” she mumbled scooting closer to him for warmth and comfort.

 

As the latter fell asleep, Taeyeon relaxed. He moved to get comfortable. Yet Jessica’s grip on him tightened; he chuckled. With arms around her and now wide awake, he brushed her tear-soaked hair out of her face. He held her tightly and eyed her facial features.

 

All that could run through his mind was, why was he doing this? This girl yelled at him and was ungrateful towards him in the beginning of the year. Yet now, she is now vulnerable and pleaded for him. Was he doing this because he feels bad for her current situation or was he beginning to have budding feelings for the girl in his heart?

 

“Jessica Jung… what are you doing to me?” Taeyeon whispered as he placed a kiss on the crown of her head.

 

 

···

 

 

It was Saturday the next day and Jessica’s eyes fluttered opened. She was about to turn when she felt wait around her waist. Looking at the figure behind her, her eyes widened. She was going to get mad at him for taking advantage of her, but she remembered she did ask for him to stay last night.

 

She turned around and looked at the boy. He was polite and kept his arm in the upper part of her waist. She smiled. As her eyes scanned the boy, she made a mental note at how muscular he was. His biceps were evident, and it was something she never noticed. Then her eyes traveled to his face. The boy had a sharp jawline. ‘y’ she thought.

 

His lips were plump, plump that any girl would be jealous about his lips. His nose was small and cute. She admits, this guy was not only the kindest boy she had ever met (despite their unfortunate meetings) but he was actually really attractive.

 

Not really thinking, she scooted closer to him and placed her head on his chest. She laid there listening to calm sound of his breathing and the rhythm of his heart beat. She thought back to what Krystal said. ‘Couldn’t you have fallen for Taeyeon and had his child instead’ Her sister’s voice echoed in her mind.

 

She was now lost in her thoughts. What if she did meet Taeyeon a little bit earlier… would she have fallen for him? She shook her head. He was way too nice for her liking. Cautious and protective. This man always thought about his options before deciding. Unlike Taecyeon, her ex-boyfriend, he did what he felt. He thought briefly and acted upon it. Look at where that got them. Look at where her choice boys had gotten her. She looked up at him. If she had fallen for him instead, would she even be pregnant?

 

The blonde continued to think but then felt Taeyeon move. Her head was still on his c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter