XiuChen (Xiumin and Chen) Part 12

Proposals

No One’s POV:

 

A Week Later….

 

Chen was pacing back and forth with a small black box in his left hand while his right hand was busy rubbing his face in nervousness. While Chen was pacing and being nervous, D.O was sitting on the couch with Baekhyun's head laying on his lap while the two looked at the other vocal.

“Stop pacing Jongdae-yah…. You’re giving me a headache.” Baekhyun mumbles as he looks away and reaches up with a hand to rub his forehead.

“Yeah… You’ve been pacing like that for about thirty minutes now.” D.O adds on as he looks over at the clock that was hanging beside the TV.

Letting out a sigh Chen stops pacing, grips the box a bit tighter and moves to sit down in the arm chair that was beside the couch.

“Well wouldn’t you guys be if you were proposing? I mean…. It is said that today will be the day that the first snow falls.” Chen says as he looks over at D.O who was pouting because Baekhyun pulled away from him to sit up and face the M vocal.

“I heard that it was supposed to snow at night though. Also, Seokie-hyung is out with Yifan-hyung, Jongin and Xing-hyung at the gym right now.” Baekhyun says as he looks over at Chen.

“They’ll be back by 7:45 though.” D.O says with a smile as Baekhyun leans back into D.O’s chest again.

“You guys don’t think that it’ll snow before they get back do you?” Chen questions, slightly panicked.

“I doubt it hyung.” Sehun says as he walks out of his room and into the kitchen.

“How are you so sure Sehun-ah?” Chen questions as he looks over at the maknae who was letting out a yawn and scratching the back of his neck while moving to open the fridge.

“Because I just checked the weather forecast and it said that it’ll start snowing past 10, at the earliest.” Sehun mumbles as he closes the fridge once he grabs a bottle of water.

“Well there you go Jongdae-yah. Now stop stressing.” Baekhyun says with a smile as he looks back at Chen.

“Yeah… Relax…. Being stressed wont bring you any good.” D.O adds on with a smile.

 

With Xiumin, Kris, Kai and Lay at the gym….

 

“Have you guys noticed how Jongdae seemed to be worried about something today?” Kris says as the four of them were taking a break.

“What do you mean?” Lay asks with a confused face before he takes a drink from his water bottle.

“I mean didn’t you guys see him pacing today before we left?” Kris asks.

“Well yeah. I mean Jongdae-hyung was pacing in my dorm.” Kai replies as he looks up at Kris.

“He’s been like that all week.” Xiumin adds on with worry evident in his voice.

“Wait a minute… You don’t know what’s wrong with him gege?” Lay asks with a surprised expression.

“No…. Whenever I try to ask, he always goes ‘You’ll find out soon enough Minnie-hyung’ and walks away.” Xiumin replies as he looks over at Lay who was looking at him.

“That’s strange…. I’ve asked Channie-hyung and Baek-hyung, but apparently they don’t know either.” Kai says as he furrows his eyebrows.

“What could he possibly be hiding from us?” Kris wonders out loud.

 

Five hours later…

 

Letting out a long groan, Kris drags his feet into the Exo-M dorm with Lay and Xiumin close behind him. He quickly throws off his shoes before he walks over to his room and collapses on top of his bed.

“I told Yifan that it would be stupid to try to compete with Jongin in lifting weights on the leg machine would be a bad idea, but he didn’t listen.” Xiumin says with a sigh as he removes his shoes before he slips his into his shoe closet/cupboard before slipping Kris’s shoes onto the shoe rack.

“Hahaha I know hyung. You did warn him, but you know how stubborn Yifan-ge can be.” Lay says with a chuckle as he slips his shoes off and slips them into his shoe closet/cupboard before following Xiumin into their living room.

“Hey Gege! You’re back?” Tao questions as he walks out from his room.

“Yeah, but Yifan-ge is currently dead.” Lay replies with a chuckle.

Tao was going to ask why, but he just smiled and nodded once he realized that it was Kris that they were talking about.

“Where’s Jongdae?” Xiumin questions from his spot on the couch.

“He’s still at Exo-K’s dorm.” Tao replies with a smile before he walks back into his room.

 

In Exo-K’s dorm….

 

Chen was sitting in the armchair while Baekhyun was lying on the couch and using Chanyeol as a human pillow because his favorite pillow went to the kitchen to make dinner with Suho.

Suddenly they heard the door unlock and someone letting out a groan as they walked in.

“Who died?” Sehun questions from the dinning table while looking up from his phone.

“I think Jongin’s back” Suho calls from the kitchen.

“Hey hyung.” Kai says with a smile as he walks over to the chair across from Sehun before slumping down onto it.

“Hey. You look dead.” Chanyeol calls from the living room.

“I am. Yifan-hyung wanted to compete on who can lift more weights with our legs so I can’t feel my legs right now.” Kai responds as he lets out a groan.

“You shouldn’t have over worked yourself Jongin-ah.” D.O says with a smile.

“I know hyung.” Kai responds.

The room goes quiet and the only thing that’s still audible is the sound of the TV and Sehun’s phone going off now and then.

Although Chen was the first one to break the silence.

“Well it was fun chilling here for the day, but I guess I should head back and see how Minnie-hyung is.” Chen says with a smile as he gets up and swiftly slips the box into his pocket.

“Okay then Jongdae-yah! See yah!” Chanyeol and Baekhyun call from the couch.

“Bye!” Suho and D.O yell from the kitchen while Kai mumbles something that’s barely understandable and Sehun says goodbye with a smile.

Chen quickly slips on his shoes before he walks out of the K dorm and walks across to face the M dorm’s front door. He then pushes on the handle to wake up the unlock screen before he punches in the code and opens it.

“I’m back!” Chen calls trying his best to keep his voice stable as he slips off his shoes and walks into the dorm.

“Hey Jongdae-yah!” Lay, Luhan, and Xiumin say at the same time from the living room.

“Hey Ge! You’re back!” Tao says with a smile from the kitchen.

“Hey! Umm…. Where’s Yifan-hyung? Wasn’t he with you?” Chen questions with an eyebrow raised.

“He’s currently dead in his room.” Luhan says while laughing.

Chen knew that when Luhan says that Kris was dead, he means that Kris was either exhausted, asleep or the two combined.

Letting out a chuckle Chen walks into his room in order to drop his bag off before he sits down on his bed and pulls out his phone. Although Chen looks up once he hears a quiet knock on the door.

“Hey Jongdae-yah. Can I come in?” Xiumin questions as he steps into Chen’s room that he shared with Lay.

“Sure hyung! Come sit.” Chen replies with a smile as he locks his phone and tosses it on his pillow before turning to face Xiumin.

“Look…. I just wanted to ask if everything was okay…. I mean…. You’ve been acting stressed and nervous all week.” Xiumin says in a soothing voice as he lies down next to Chen before pulling the younger into his chest like he always does.

“Oh have I? Don’t worry about it hyung. I’m just a little tired, that’s all.” Chen replies with a smile.

“Okay then Jongdae-yah….” Xiumin replies as he gently Chen’s hair.

There was a period of silence and the only thing that was audible was the sound of their breathing and hearts beating. Well Xiumin’s heart beating because Chen had his head on the older's chest.

“Ummm Minnie-hyung?” Chen says in a gentle voice, breaking the silence.

“Yes?” Xiumin answers as he looks down at the younger.

“Do you want to go out and take a walk at Han river after dinner with me?” Chen questions as he gently bites his lip hoping that the older would agree.

“Hmmm…. Why all of a sudden?” Xiumin questions as he gently moves the youngers hair out of his eyes.

“I don’t know…. I mean… Let’s go take a walk to exercise and kind of relax while looking at the lights.” Chen replies as he tries to keep his voice sound normal.

“Sure, why not. Why don’t we leave at ten? The fans would have probably cleared by then and we can get permission from Joonmyeon, Yifan and the manger-hyungs by then.” Xiumin replies with a smile.

“Okay hyung. Let’s leave at ten.” Chen responds as he looks up when Xiumin moves to get up.

“I’m just going to go over to Exo-K’s dorm and see how dinner’s coming along. I heard that Kyungsoo’s making Kimchi spaghetti because Baekhyun's been asking him too.” Xiumin says with a smile as he walks towards the door.

“Okay hyung!” Chen responds before he watches Xiumin leave with a smile.

Once the older is out of sight, Chen falls back onto the bed and gently places a hand over his chest to try and calm down his breathing and his pounding heart.

Finally, Chen has mustered up the courage to ask Xiumin out in order to propose. Now he just needs to hope that it doesn’t snow….

 

To be continued….