MyungXing (L and Lay) Final

Proposals

No One’s POV:

 

Three Hours Of Singing and Laughing Later…

 

“Calm down on the Alcohol Joonmyeon-ah.” Kris says as he reaches for the bottle of beer in Suho’s hand.

“What do you mean Yifan? This is my second bottle. Minseokie had two bottles and that’s his third. Tao’s on his third bottle too and so are you.” Suho replies.

“Yeah… But we have a high tolerance level to alcohol… you don’t.” Kris replies.

“Alright….” Suho replies with smile, but he still takes a sip from the bottle.

“Yah! Yixing!” Luhan calls for Lay in mandarin.

“Yes Gege?” Lay replies.

“When are you going to?” Luhan questions.

“How about now?” Lay questions as he looks at Xiumin.

They all stop talking in mandarin while Xiumin gives a brief nod and a while before he stands up.

“I’ll be back.” Xiumin says with a smile as he gives a peck on Luhan’s cheek before he leaves to the bathroom with his duffle bag.

Xiumin quickly slips out of the room with the bag and walks towards the bathroom.

Once he walks in, he glances around the bathroom and looks for an empty stall and once he find one, he opens it and walks in. He then puts down the lid of the toilet and places the bag on the lid before he quickly slips out.

He then scans the bathroom once more before he hurries back to the room that the rest of the members were in.

Once he slips in, Lay glances at him to see Xiumin give him a flash of the number three on his fingers before the older sits down.

“I’m going to the bathroom Myungie-yah. I’ll be right back.” Lay says with a smile as he stands up and slips out of the room and runs towards the bathroom in order to buy some time to change.

“Stall number three….” Lay says in a quiet voice as he counts the stalls and when he got to stall number three, he stopped and opened the door to find a bag.

He quickly then slipped into the stall and locked the door before he turned to the bag. He then quickly pulled out the bouquet of the flowers that were on top and placed them beside the bag. He then took of his clothes in order to change into the clothes that were in the bag.

Once he finished changing, he folded the clothing and slipped them into the bag and zipped it up before he grabbed the flowers and exited the bathroom.

Lay quickly and swiftly made his way towards the room and leaned against the wall before he took out his phone to send Xiumin a text.

 

Inside the Room….

 

Xiumin’s phone vibrated in his pocket before he took it out to see that there was a text from Lay. He unlocked his phone and opened the message to see a text that was sent in mandarin.

I’m outside and ready. When do you want me to come in? - Yixing

I’ll open the door for you. Do you have the ring? – Minseok

Alright and yeah I got it. It’s in my right inner pocket of my jacket. – Yixing

With a smile, Xiumin stands up while motioning for Chen to get up too.

“Hey Jongdae-yah! You should sing that song you always sing car for us.” Xiumin says as he takes a sip from the beer bottle he was holding.

“Which song?” Chen questions as he pops a grape in his mouth before standing up.

“You know.” Sehun says from his spot next to Tao.

“Ooooohhh…. That song” Chen says, pretending that he just realized what song they were all talking about.

“What song?” Sungyeol questions with a confused expression.

“You’ll find out soon enough.” Chen replies with a smile as Tao reaches for the remote and presses in the number for the song ‘Nothing Better’.

As soon as the music starts playing, Xiumin looks over at Chanyeol and Kris who get up from their spots beside their boyfriends before walking towards the door before standing in front of it.

Once the two giants are covering the door, Xiumin quickly opens the door and grabs the bag Lay was holding before he makes his way back over to Luhan.

While Xiumin was sitting back down beside Luhan, Lay was slipping through the opened door before closing it silently and standing behind the two taller members.

With a swift movement, Kris reaches back and hands the Chinese vocal a microphone right before the lyrics started showing up on the screen.

It always appeared before me

Your face, I remember….

Lay started singing in a gentle and soft voice while everyone had their focus on Chen.

My heart that stopped short


You spitefully took my dysfunctional heart

Lay continued, still standing behind the two rappers.

And with your bright smile


That's how you easily opened my heart

After singing this line, the Infinite members started realizing that it wasn’t Chen’s voice and also the vocal wasn’t even moving his mouth or holding the microphone in front of him.

It's true, that is how I became your man

All my unpleasant memories, I no longer recall

While singing these lines, Chen sat down and placed the mic he was holding into the charger.

Because the hand that holds me tight


Is as warm as spring

Once Lay sung these lines, the Infinite members started looking around to see who was singing.

And now like a dream my heart


Has gradually stopped by your side


Without awakening for a single moment,


I dream an endless dream

Once Lay sung this part and the Infinite members were staring at the two Giants standing, Kris and Chanyeol slowly started to move apart revealing the singer.

And now like breathing,

If you were to always rest by my side


If you were to always remain this way


Nothing better nothing better than you


Nothing better nothing better than you

Lay sings the high notes in a gentle voice while hitting the notes, just like how Xiumin, Luhan and Chen helped him practiced with closed eyes as he was holding on the bouquet of flowers in front of his chest.

And now like a dream,

My heart
in your embrace,

Is held still
Without awakening for a single moment,


I dream an endless dream


Lay sings as he walks slowly towards L who was now standing up with wide eyes. No one noticing that Kris and Chanyeol sat back down in their previous spots with wide smiles.

And now like breathing,

If you were to always rest by my side


If you were to always remain this way


Nothing better nothing better than you


Nothing better nothing better than you

Lay sings as he pauses in front of L before he starts to kneel on one knee.

Nothing better nothing better than you

The Chinese vocal finishes as he holds out the bouquet of flowers to L who was covering his mouth and nose with one hand while tears were pooling in his eyes.

L looks at Lay and then the flowers before he takes them from the older.

With a gentle smile, Lay puts down the microphone beside him and starts to talk.

“Kim Myungsoo…. You’re the only man that I’ve loved this much and you’re the only man that means this much to me. I know that I may be forgetful and I know that I may not be the strongest or the most handsome or have the most money, but you’ve still loved me for all this time. I promise that I will never let you cry about anything as long as I’m by your side. So….” Lay says before he trails off as he looks down slightly to reach into his inside pocket.

While this was happening, all the Infinite members were speechless and the Exo members were trying their best not to cheer.

Once Lay reached into his pocket, he pulled out a little black box that held the ring.

This caused L to let out a barely audible gasp as he saw his Chinese boyfriend pull out the box.

Once Lay pulled out the box, he opened it and turned it around to show the younger with a gentle smile on his face.

“So…. Kim Myungsoo…. Will you marry me?” Lay asks with a nervous smile.

“I…. I….” L stutters, making Lay to become more nervous.

All the Exo and Infinite members held their breaths, waiting for L’s answer.

“Yes.” L says in between sniffles as he allows tears to fall with joy.

“What?” Lay questions as he starts getting up with a smile.

“Yes! Yes, you idiot!! Yes, I’ll marry you!!” L yells as he throws his arms around Lay’s neck, pulling him into a kiss.

This causes all the other members to cheer and clap loudly.

 

Thirty Minutes Later….

 

“You have no idea how long it took him to get those high notes!” Luhan laughs as he watches Xiumin’s Adam’s apple bob as he gulps down his third bottle of beer before reaching for another and opening it.

“Yeah! It took him so long! I swear, we had to pinch him a couple of times to get the note out of him.” Xiumin agrees as he takes a sip from the bottle.

“Come on guys!!! Stoooopp!!!” Lay whines as he covers his face with one hand and curling into L’s chest with embarrassment.

“Anyway…. I propose a toast.” Kris says with a smile as he stands up and holds up his beer bottle.

“A toast?” Luhan questions as he grabs a hold of his beer bottle that was on the table.

“A toast to a happy ever after for Zhang Yixing and Kim Myungsoo. I hope you both will love each other and stay together until the end of time.” Kris says with a smile as he lifts his drink.

When Lay and L heard this, they smile to each other before they join in.

“Let’s hope so Myungsoo-yah.” Lay says with a smile as he gives a kiss on the ring that was on L’s left ring finger.

 

The End

 

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this fanfic !!! Please tell me your thoughts in the comment section!!