XiuChen (Xiumin and Chen) Part 10

Proposals

No One’s POV:

 

Forty-Five Minutes Later….

 

Forty-five minutes later, the Exo-K and Exo-M members were back in the building where their dorms were located.

Chanyeol and Kai were in their room, doing who knows what. Suho and Kris were taking a shower in Exo-K’s bathroom. Tao and Sehun were at Exo-M’s dorm doing stuff that none of the members wanted to know. Luhan, Xiumin and Lay biked to Han River to play basketball. While a fuming Baekhyun was sitting on the couch with a pouting D.O who was annoyed at Baekhyun cause older wasn’t paying attention to him.

This scene causes Chen to let out a chuckle before he walks over to the couch and sits down next to Baekhyun.

“Hey Baek.” Chen says the other vocals name.

When Baekhyun doesn’t respond, D.O looks at Baekhyun and shoves him a little causing Baekhyun to look at D.O.

The owl eyed vocal doesn’t say anything, but he points when Chen was sitting, indicating that he should hear what Chen needed to say.

“What.” Baekhyun answered in a cold tone.

“Let’s go.” Chen says with a smile as he pulls on Baekhyun's arm.

“Where?” Baekhyun questions, not moving.

“We need to talk remember.” Chen replies with a comforting smile as he pulls once more.

“But where are we going?” Baekhyun questions after he gently the back of D.O’s head and stands up.

“SM.” Chen simply states as he walks over to the counter and picks up his wallet and slips it into his back pocket before he picks up Baekhyun’s wallet and throws it over to Baekhyun who catches it with one hand before slipping it into his back pocket.

“Why?” Baekhyun questions as he moves to grab his jacket.

“Cause we need a place to talk where no one will hear us.” Chen says with a smile as he slips his own jacket on.

With a slight frown, Baekhyun slips his jacket on while mumbling something under his breath that no one hears.

Baekhyun slips on his jacket and watches Chen slip on a pair of runners before he opens the door.

“I’ll grab the elevator.” Chen says with a smile as he walks out the door.

Baekhyun smiles back before he moves to slip on a pair of black vans. Although while he ties his shoes, he hears someone speak up.

“Baek.”

“Yeah?” Baekhyun answers as he finishes tying his left shoe and moving to his right.

“Hurry back?” D.O says with a smile as he tucks his hands into his pockets.

“Of course.” Baekhyun replies as he stands up straight one he finishes tying his shoes.

“Don’t yell at Jongdae too much for keeping you waiting.” D.O says with a smile when Baekhyun gives the vocal a peck on the cheek.

“I’ll try. See you later Kyungsoo-yah!” Baekhyun replies with his signature rectangular smile before he runs out the door, heading towards the elevator.

“Hurry your lazy up Baek!” Chen yells at the other while walking into the elevator.

“Yeah… Yeah. You know I still hate you for making me wait this long, right?” Baekhyun says once the door slides shut.

“Yeah. I’m sorry, but this is really…. Private.”Chen says with a gentle smile.

“Tell me a brief explanation on what this is about.” Baekhyun says as he steps out of the elevator once the door slides open.

“It’s about….” Chen starts saying.

“Minseok-hyung and me.” Chen says before he starts unlocking his bike while Baekhyun does the same.

“What about you two?” Baekhyun questions.

“I want to…. Propose.” Chen says in a quiet voice as he pulls his bike out of the bike rack while Baekhyun does the same.

“You what?!” Baekhyun yells.

“Let’s continue later at the studio. Come on.” Chen says as he gets on his bike.

Baekhyun quickly gets on his own bike before he starts biking off.

“Well hurry your slow up! We have talking to do!” Baekhyun yells as he quickly bikes away with a laughing Chen following quickly behind.

After ten minutes of biking, the two vocals arrive at the studio.

Both members slip off of their bikes and lock them in the bike rack before they step into the building.

“Where do you plan to go?” Baekhyun questions as he follows Chen towards the elevator.

With no answer, Chen leads Baekhyun towards an empty soundproof recording studio before dragging him and locking the door behind him.

“Well?” Baekhyun questions as he sits down on one of the chairs that are behind one of the control panels before he turns his hair to face where Chen was standing.

Letting out a shaky breath, Chen pulled over a chair and turned it to face Baekhyun before he sat down.

“Alright Baek… You need to promise me something before I tell you.” Chen says with a serious face as he places his hands on his lap.

“What is it?” Baekhyun questions, his face becoming serious as well.

“What is discussed here doesn’t leave this room. Understood?” Chen says in a low, serious voice.

“Understood.” Baekhyun responds as he leans back in his chair.

“Good. Well…. Basically, like I said.. I want to propose to Minseok-hyung. I know that we can’t have a big wedding at all that cause the fans will tear me and Minseok-hyung apart, but it’s just going to be a simple engagement kind of thing. We aren’t even going to go public… Well not yet at least.” Chen says with a gentle smile.

When Baekhyun doesn’t say anything, Chen’s facial expression turns into a confused one as he gently leans back and watches Baekhyun slowly smile.

“What?” Chen asks confused.

“How are you planning to make the big announcement then? You have a plan don’t you? Considering that you’ve been zoning out and thinking all the time.” Baekhyun says with a smile as he gently places his elbow on the control panel and leaning on it.

“Actually…. That’s why I want you to come shopping with me tomorrow.” Chen responds.

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun questions.

“Basically, what I’m going to do it wait for the first snow fall. Considering that when the first snow falls, a miracle happens. Because no one’s actually sure what time and when it’ll happen, I’m planning on buying the ring and keeping it with me.” Chen explains.

“So you need me to go with you tomorrow to help you pick out a ring.” Baekhyun simply states.

“Yeah.” Chen says as he watches Baekhyun stand up.

“Well…. There’s no flaws to your plan so I think there’s nothing else to discus. Let’s go. We need to get some sleep anyway.” Baekhyun says with a smile as he slips his hands into his pocket and walks towards the door.

“You know Jongdae-yah….” Baekhyun starts saying as he takes his right hand out of his pocket and places it gently on the door handle before taking in a slow breath.

When Chen hears his name being called, he looks up at Baekhyun who had his eyes gently hood with his bangs.

“You must really love Minseok-hyung. I’ve never thought you could plan something this romantic.” Baekhyun says with a smile as he opens the door.

Chen sits silently while Baekhyun exits the room.

“Did he just say that I can’t be romantic?” Chen mumbles as he stands up.

“Yah! Byun Baekhyun!!” Chen yells as he throws open the door and runs out.

When he runs out, he pauses in his track when he sees Baekhyun looking more charismatic than usual. The other vocal never looked like that regularly.

Baekhyun was standing up straight, his head craned up slightly which revealed his Adams apple. The vocal was looking up at the little screen that was on top of the elevator door displaying the floor number that the elevator was on while he had both hands stuffed into his pocket.

When Chen sees this, he completely forgot about yelling at Baekhyun. The dino looking vocal smiled before he walked over at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun looked over at Chen who stood next to him and smiled gently.

“Just so you know Jongdae-yah… I wasn’t trying to say that you can’t be romantic. I’m just surprised that you thought of that in such a short amount of time.” Baekhyun says with a smile before he walks into the elevator.

“Well thanks Baek. It’s not that hard actually. Not when I do it for Minseokie-hyung at least. He’s always on my mind after all.”

 

To be continued…