MyungXing (L and Lay) Part 6

Proposals

No One’s POV:

 

The Next Day….

 

“Alright hyung! Do you have any idea on what you want to sing?” Chanyeol questions as he sits down on the couch in the practice room that the vocals used to practice their parts.

“Yeah hyung? The two maknaes took you to the mall before we even got a chance to talk to you to tell you to think of a song…..” Chen adds on while he glances over at Kai who was smiling while sitting on Chanyeol’s lap.

“Well… I was thinking of Lee Seunggi- Sunbaenim’s will you marry me or maybe, Jung Yup-Sunbaenim’s Nothing better.” Lay says, after he gives it some thought.

“Classics…. Nice choices Xingie-hyung!” Kai says with a wide smile.

“Thanks Jongin-ah.” Lay replies, smiling back.

“So…. How about you sing Nothing Better? Can you get the high notes for it hyung?” Chanyeol questions.

“Um…. What’s the notes again? It’s been a while since I’ve listened to the song.” Lay questions.

“Jongdae-yah?” Chanyeol says as he looks at the vocal.

Nothing Better~ Nothing Better~ Than You~” Chen sings, closing his eyes, focusing on the high notes.

“Aren’t the notes a little higher?” Chanyeol questions.

“I think so, but give Jongdae-hyung a break…. He’s got a sore throat. He’s been singing the long high notes for two hours last night at the studio.” Kai says with a smile.

“Thanks Jongin-ah.” Chen thanks the younger for sticking up for him.

“Did you guys decide on singing Nothing Better by Jung Yup-Sunbaenim?” A voice says from the doorway.

Nothing better~ Nothing better~ Than You~” A different voice sings the correct notes as the two guys walk in.

“Hey Minseok-hyung! Luhannie-hyung!!” Chen says with a wide smile as he watches the two eldest hyungs/the two singers that can sing the highest notes in all of Exo.

“Hey! Do you need help?” Luhan questions with a smile as he watches Xiumin sit down on the floor, leaning on the mirror.

“Yes! Jongdae has a sore throat so can you help us with the notes?” Chanyeol questions with a smile as he watches Luhan sit down between Xiumin’s legs, leaning into the older's chest.

“Sure! We can help!” Xiumin says with a smile.

“Can we hear the notes that you managed to hit so far?” Luhan questions with a smile.

“Well, we were just getting started.” Kai responds.

“Oh… Okay. We need to get going in a couple of minutes we’ll just help you with the Nothing better part, and Jongdae can help you with the rest.” Luhan says with a smile.

“Can you sing it again Minseok-ah?” Luhan questions as he sits up to allow Minseok to straighten his posture.

“Sure.” Xiumin replies as he moves to sit up.

Nothing better~ Nothing better~ Than You~~” Xiumin sings in a gentle voice.

Nothing Better~ Nothing Better~ Than you~” Lay sings after.

“The notes are about two notes higher Xing-ah. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and relax your vocal cords and try again.” Xiumin urges the younger.

The six guys practice the parts, while Luhan and Xiumin take turns on singing the high notes for Lay.

Eventually, Lay could get the high notes perfectly, considering that it was his first time trying to sing that high, before Xiumin and Luhan had to leave.
“Well, Your all set!! We got to go, but give us a call when you learnt the rest of the song!!” Luhan says as he jumps up while dragging Xiumin up with him.

“Good Luck Xing-ah!!” Luhan and Xiumin says with a smile as they walk out the door, leaving the other four members to practice and help Lay practice the songs.

 

To be continued….