Those Smiles

The Unbreakable (Remedy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

Baekhyun wakes up after he feels a touch on his head. He is kind of sleepy due to the tiredness since he’s just finish his work and after that he went direct to jiyeon’s house. He opens his eyes hardly but he saw jiyeon is looking at him. He then gives jiyeon a smile while rubbing. He didn’t expect any response from jiyeon rubbing his eyes with his fingers.

“Who are you actually baekhyun?” Jiyeon asked while staring at baekhyun blankly.

“What do you mean? I’m just byun baekhyun. Why?” Baekhyun replied with his ‘just woke up from my sleep’ voice.

“Why did you appear in my life? I don’t even know you.” jiyeon said.

“I don’t know either. But to be honest, I feel different when it comes to you. I give more attention when it is you. I wanna know what is it behind your cold personality, because I believe there’s something you hide, something that you didn’t express.” Baekhyun said while staring at jiyeon, still with his bright smile.

“Another thing, why you always smiling? Sometimes you smiled for something you shouldn’t.” Jiyeon asked. Her face full of curiosity.

“I don’t know someone would ever notice my smiling habit. I know you’re curious. Let me tell you a secret. For me, I’ve set in my mind that by smiling, everything will go easy. It works like it won’t make me lose hope. So as long as I can, I will always put smile on my face. People call me bright, because they always saw me smiling and being so noisy all the time. I like it when they call me bright, because that’s mean I still don’t lose hope.” Baekhyun said while smiling towards jiyeon.

“Really?” Jiyeon asked baekhyun. Now she is looking straight into baekhyun’s eyes.

“Yes! So now I want you to put a smile on your face. Okay do it now.” Baekhyun said while staring at jiyeon with his excited smile.

Suddenly jiyeon feels so awkward. She can’t even remember when was the last time she smiles. It had been months after the break up incident. Now she has to smile again, and it feels so hard for her just to move her muscle. She remain frozen on the bed, while baekhyun is still sitting on the chair beside the bed and wait for her to smile. And of course, she can’t. Baekhyun chuckles coolly when he sees jiyeon’s awkward situation. He then gets up from the chair and sits on the bed, facing jiyeon. He cupped jiyeon’s face with both of his soft hand.

“Now look at me. I want you to follow me. Can?” Baekhyun said. He looked straightly at jiyeon’s face.

“Okay.” Jiyeon replied while nodding her head.

“Now take a deep breath and follow what I did.” Baekhyun said after he put his hands on jiyeon’s shoulders.

He then simply put that cute smile on his face while nodding, signaling jiyeon to follow him. Jiyeon take a deep breath again and try to smile, but it seems so hard for her. Baekhyun then release jiyeon’s shoulder but he is now holding jiyeon’s hand, trying to give her support. He can feel jiyeon’s cold hand. He nods towards jiyeon and that time, a bitter smile form on jiyeon’s red lips. Baekhyun smiles widely when he saw the smile, the smile that he is longing to see.

“I told you! Of course you can do it!” Baekhyun said excitedly and he is still holding jiyeon’s hand. But jiyeon pull away her hand awkwardly and she is slightly blushing.

“Now I want you to smile widely, I mean show your teeth. Okay!” Baekhyun said with his bright smile.

“But before that, I think I have to go to washroom first. It’s urgent. While waiting, you can practice first.” Baekhyun said while smiling brightly, showing his teeth.

Baekhyun gets up from the bed and showing jiyeon a thumbs up, saying that she had done her best. Baekhyun is now walking backward because he is trying to show how to smile brightly to jiyeon. Jiyeon just look at him emotionlessly although he is trying to impress jiyeon with his cute smile while walking backward happily. Thinking that he has showed enough, baekhyun then turn around to walk normally. Unfortunately, he doesn’t realize that he actually had arrived in front of the door when he was walking backward just now. This result him to hit on the door hardly and make a loud banging sound.

“Ouch!” Baekhyun murmured loudly while holding his nose and forehead

“Pffttt. Eheks.”

Baekhyun is still holding his nose and forehead when suddenly he heard a sound of a girl chuckled. He then look at jiyeon, still holding his nose. Jiyeon is giggling while closing with her hand, trying not to laugh to loud. But that incident is just too funny for her because before hitting the door, baekhyun is being so crazy by walking backward and smiling like a crazy people. Jiyeon can’t control herself any longer until she is finally burst into a very loud laugh.

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Jiyeon is now laughing hardly. She is rolling on the bed while holding her stomach.

“Jiyeon, are you okay?” Baekhyun asked, still standing at the door. He is looking at jiyeon weirdly. He just can’t believe jiyeon is laughing so hard right now.

Baekhyun walks towards jiyeon. Jiyeon is still laughing and rolling but she nods when she heard baekhyun’s question. Baekhyun is now sitting back on the bed while staring at jiyeon full of attention and focus. After for about a minute later, jiyeon finally stop laughing and she is fixing her messy hair be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter