In The Rain

The Unbreakable (Remedy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

Today, the weather is quite cloudy outside and the wind us quite strong. Also, the customers are not so many in the café today. Since all of them are free that time, baekhyun then brews four cup of Americano for them all. It was so refreshing to drink a hot coffee in this cold and windy day.

It’s already pass dinner time. Baekhyun is looking around the café. Jiyeon, she’s not coming today. It wasn’t only baekhyun that is searching for her. All of the guys are actually feeling strange because it’s every day, every day until today, jiyeon will come to their café. Baekhyun then thinks, “Is it because of me? Yesterday I told her I’m working in this café… hmm is it really because of me?”

And jiyeon didn’t appear until it is the time for them to close. Baekhyun is busy cleaning up the kitchen but the others are already finish changing.

Sehun: hey baekhyun. I think you can continue tiding up tomorrow. Let’s go.

Baek: no no. you guys go first don’t worry. I’ll lock the door. Go first.

Luhan: are you sure? You really are the best staff. And don’t forget to bring along an umbrella I think it’s about to rain outside.

Baekhyun just waved at them and give them the sign of leaving. When he finally complete his work, he then changes his clothes and also put on a jacket. He locks the back door before he finally walks to his house. The street is so dark right now. There are still some cars on the road and a few people walking. But it’s actually quite late already.

Baekhyun walks until he finally reaches the park where he first talking with jiyeon yesterday, where jiyeon had stopped by for quite long. He then stops at the place where jiyeon was standing at yesterday. He tries to see from jiyeon’s sight, what did she saw here actually? But baekhyun saw nothing instead of a view of the park, just the park and it’s nothing interesting at all.

When baekhyun is about to leave, suddenly he saw something, or actually someone. It is a girl, which is sitting on one of the bench at the park. “Jiyeon?” baekhyun whispers. The girl is sitting on the bench alone, while holding a sketch book with both of her hands. Baekhyun then slowly walks forward, towards jiyeon. He saw jiyeon is staring at the sketch book with unexplainable gaze. Her gaze looks so weak and full of sorrow. He then put the sketch book on her lap and she then looks in front. She doesn’t notice baekhyun that is standing just a few feet on her left at all. Baekhyun is looking at jiyeon’s side view, yeah of course her side view also perfect. And he saw tears, calmly rolling down her cheeks.

 

Jiyeon looks at the sketch book on her lap. She touches the sketch of a guy’s face on the book. She then looks in front, and at that moment, she can’t hold her tears any longer, causes them to finally fall down her cheeks. A small sobbing sound is heard. Suddenly, someone’s hand suddenly appear right on front of her face, holding a white handkerchief. “Wipe your tears. I heard, girls’ tears are so precious. So I don’t want to see you crying. Take it, or I’ll help you wipe the tears?” jiyeon looks at the owner of the voice. It is that guy from the café, the one who return her sketch book. She quickly takes the handkerchief and wipe her tears.

Baekhyun is still standing on jiyeon’s left side. He just looks at jiyeon that is now wiping her tears. He feels quite down to see that pretty girl cries in front of him. He feels like hugging jiyeon and comfort her right now, but he knows he can’t do that.

Baek: what are you doing here? It’s already late.

Jiyeon: ignore me.

Baek: no. I won’t ignore you like you did to us. And I won’t go until you go back too.

Jiyeon: please. I don’t know you and you don’t know me.

Baek: I don’t care. For me, I know all of my customers, especially my regular customer.

Jiyeon didn’t say anything after that, but tears keep rolling down her cheeks. Looks like she just can’t stop crying. Baekhyun is still standing stiffly at his spot, staring at crying jiyeon. Suddenly, he feels like something fall on his shoulders, and also on his head. And then he realized it’s raining and it looks like it will turn heavy soon.

Jiyeon: go away. Leave me.

Baek: but jiyeon…

Jiyeon: I said go. Go!

Jiyeon shouts. Baekhyun looks quite fluttered by jiyeon’s shouts. He then walks away, leaving jiyeon alone at the park in the rain. The run soon turn heavy but jiyeon is still there, sitting while holding her wet sketchbook, just like her wet body now.

 

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

It’s nothing to me. I’ve always being left behind. People wouldn’t notice me. People would walk away from my life. I meant to be ignored. And I know, I deserve that. That’s why you left me behind right? You didn’t love me anymore, and should I say you hate me? That’s why you abandoned me just like that and leave me here right? I know, this is what I deserve.

I’m living my sad life alone, because not everyone would have a happy and perfect life. Now I can’t accept people into my life anymore, because I’m afraid they will leave me like you did to me before. I I’m afraid that I’ll lose someone that I loved again, it’s hurt. It’s hurt so badly.

Now I live my life alone, doing the same thing every day. But I can’t forget, this is the park where we used to date. I can’t forget, caramel macchiato that we used to drink together. I just can’t forget all the beautiful memories we created together. Now I was alone, like always, in this night rain. It’s so cold that I’m freezing right now, but I’m just hopeless. My hope is gone. I don’t feel like living in this world anymore.

Now, I can’t do anything instea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter