049

You're Exotic

Baekhyun


 

“No,” Soo Man said right away. My jaw hung open as I couldn’t process why he had said no. It had been two weeks since Sulli and I had come up with the idea and during those two weeks, all we have done is sit around watching dramas all day. Even though EXO was literally doing nothing right now, he was still saying no.

“But promotions are pushed back anyway!” I said to him pleading; I really wanted to go on vacation.

Not caring, Soo Man shook his head once again leaving me behind in his office. I groaned in frustration banging my fist against the table. Reluctantly, I got up out of the chair dragging myself into the hallway where Sulli was waiting for me. As soon as I exited, Sulli knew the answer by my expression.

“Maybe after promotions end?” she suggested grabbing a hold of my hand. I gripped hers tight as we walked together to the elevator to go home.

“I wonder if he said no because we went to America with you.”

Sulli and I stepped into the elevator pressing the ground level button. As the doors closed, I leaned my head onto her shoulder and let go of her hand in order to wrap it around her waist.

“I just want to spend all the time I can with you,” I mumbled. “I love you too much to let you leave me for more than a little while.”

Sulli’s angelic laughter filled my ears. Her lips brushed against my cheek placing a small kiss as the elevator door opened back up again. We stepped out heading to my car.

 

“Maybe we could do something for a day together?” Sulli mentioned as she walked out of her room. I was sat on the living room couch flipping through the uninteresting television channels.

“Like what?” I asked switching the television off; there was nothing good on anyway.

“Go on a date?”

I looked at her and sighed. “But that means we’d have to go somewhere where fans will see us and then it will be ruined.”

Sulli sat down next to me pulling out her phone. “That’s true…” she said flipping through Instagram photos.  “What if we just have a date here then?”

Sighing again, I adjusted my position so that my head lied on her thigh. “But we’re always here. I want to go out and do something with you for once.”

I closed my eyes as Sulli’s fingers ran through my hair soothing me. “If you changed your face then you wouldn’t have to worry about fans. Want to go get plastic surgery so I can go outside with my boyfriend?”

I laughed at the idea. Me? Change my face? No thank you. “I would gladly agree if I was crazy enough but sadly, I’m not. And I’m cute enough as is; I don’t want to become ugly.”

Sulli laughed at my response while I smiled opening my eyes to look at her. “Even if you were ugly I’d still love you.”

“Awh how adorable. Wait until I become ugly when I’m older; you won’t be saying that then.”

“Yes I will,” Sulli said. “I’ll be uglier and if you’re still with me by then, I’ll definitely love you still.”

“Stop talking about getting old,” Minhyuk said walking out from his and Sulli’s bedroom with a wandering Chanyeol behind him. “I don’t want to think about all those wrinkles and saggy limbs on my best friend.”

Laughing, I removed my head from Sulli’s lap sitting up. “Where are you two going?” I asked as Minhyuk and Chanyeol were in the middle of placing shoes on their feet.

“We’re helping Jongdae with moving some furniture,” Chanyeol said slinging an arm around Minhyuk’s shoulders.

I raised an eyebrow in curiosity. What furniture does Jongdae have that would require moving? “Isn’t he going on his second date with Nara today though?” Sulli questioned knowing that Nara had mentioned that this morning when she came over asking if her outfit was acceptable.

“They are but we’re moving Nara’s furniture into her new apartment that’s literally across the hall from ours,” Minhyuk mentioned leaning against his giant boyfriend.

Sulli looked confused and shocked. “Nara doesn’t have enough money to switch though,” she said standing up.

Following her actions, I also stood up. We both walked over to Minhyuk and Chanyeol to place our own shoes on our feet.

“She doesn’t,” Chanyeol said watching us. “But Jongdae does.”

“Jongdae bought her an apartment?” I asked shocked.

The two opened the door walking into the hallway. Pulling a key from his pocket, Minhyuk opened up the apartment door across from Sulli’s. We all walked inside to see the empty white apartment that was the same size as Sulli and Minhyuk’s.

“He’s paying for the rent while Nara can get her job at S.M. stabilized. She’s still new so she doesn’t have enough money for the rent yet, but she can at least pay for electric and other necessities,” Minhyuk said walking into the empty room that will become her bedroom.

“Does Nara know he did this?” Sulli asked looking into the bathroom that was connected to the bedroom.

“Not at all. He’s suppressing her after their date today; that’s why he asked us to move what she had in here while going out to shop for some new things,” Chanyeol said leaning against the bedroom doorway.

I nodded at Chanyeol’s response. “Sulli and I could go furniture shopping while you guys move her stuff,” I suggested walking to the kitchen area to look at the cleanliness of it. From what I could see, the last owner of the apartment did a good job in keeping it clean.

“That would be great!” Minhyuk exclaimed walking past Chanyeol to the living area. “Chen already has the big items ordered and ready to pick up so I could give you the list of places he said to pick them up at.”

“We could also go around and buy some small items to fill the empty spaces on shelves as a gift from the rest of us,” Sulli mentioned joining me in the kitchen.

Whipping out his phone, Minhyuk forwarded the list of items to pick up to Sulli and I.  “What time are they coming back?” I asked skimming over the small list.

“They’ll be back at seven; they went to Lotte World to have their date.”

“We should go there for our date!” Sulli suggested looking to me with hopeful eyes.

I nodded and smiled brightly at her. “Let’s decide when while we go get the furniture.”  I took Sulli’s hand in mine walking to the door. “We’ll be back later with the things!” I yelled to Chanyeol and Minhyuk as we left.

“Try to be quick!” Minhyuk yelled back to us.

 

“What about Thursday?” Sulli asked as we walked through the craft store. We were currently in the dry erase and chalk board section looking for something Nara could write important reminders on.

“Thursday could work,” I said bending down picking up an item. The chalkboard I picked up was a small version of the displays restaurants sit out in front of their shops to write the specials on. Flipping the board over, I found that the other side was also a dry erase board. “This one’s adorable!’ I said standing up and handing it to Sulli.

“It is!” she said smiling at my choice. “Now let’s go find some chalk and markers for it. I think it would look nice in her kitchen sitting next to the fridge.”

I nodded taking her hand in mine as we looked through another isle. ”We should write a note on it for her,” I said swinging our hands back and forth.

“A welcome home note?” Sulli asked stopping to look at the selection of chalk we came across.

I hummed in response. “Something like ‘welcome to your new apartment Nara’ on it.”

“That would work,” she said as she picked a packet of thin chalk sticks. “What time do you want to go to Lotte World Thursday?”

“Whenever you want.” My eyes drifted around to the other items in the isle.

“So how about when I wake up?”

I looked at her with a disapproving face. “I know you and if you say that then we won’t leave until five in the afternoon. How do you sleep that late anyway?”

Sulli shrugged pulling me over to the marker section. “If you stay up late, you can sleep in late.”

“How about ten you loser,” I said as I ruffled her hair. Sulli looked at me angrily letting go of my hand to fix her now messed up hair.

“Fine you . Ten it is.”

 

I smiled at her pecking her cheek. “I love you,” I sang in her ear while placing my arms around her waist from behind.

“I love you too you weirdo,” she said slightly swaying back and forth with me.

 


Minhyuk


 

“She lived here?” Chanyeol asked me as we stepped into the old, small, and falling apart apartment.

I nodded just as surprised as he was. “Yeah. Let’s start with her clothes I guess.”

Chanyeol walked over to the closet and began grabbing her clothes off the rack placing them into a bag to move upstairs. While he was busy with that, I went to her bed to remove the sheets and pillows. While I was moving the pillows into a bag, I looked at the teddy bear placed on the bed picking it up. Examining it, I saw that written on the shirt in sharpie was ‘Minhyuk.’ I laughed at the bear that had the same name as me.

“What are you laughing at?” Chanyeol asked me.

“This bear,” I said bringing it over to him. “He has the same name as me.”

Chanyeol took the bear from my grasp inspecting it with a smile. “It looks like she wrote that name on it when she was little. It’s weird how she met a person named Minhyuk in real life.”

“It’s not that weird,” I said taking the bear back to the bed to place it in the bag. “There are a lot of people named Minhyuk.”

 


Sulli


 

“Do you think she’ll like it?” I asked printing out some of the photos that she has taken while she was here in Korea.

“She’ll love them,” Baekhyun said leaning his head onto my shoulder. Minhyuk and Chanyeol were busy placing some of the items we bought around her apartment while Baekhyun and I were printing out the photos to fill in the empty picture frames I had bought.

“Leave three empty,” Baekhyun said placing the newly printed photo into a black frame.

I looked at him confused. “Why?”

“That way she can fill them with either her family or future photos she takes.”

I nodded thinking that that was a smart idea. I handed Baekhyun the last photo printed while I turned the printer off.

“This one’s adorable,” he said looking over the photo. “When did they take this?”

I looked at the photo with him. “Nara sent that to me a few hours ago; that’s from today at Lotte World.”

“Ah,” Baekhyun said placing it into the frame. “So he won her another teddy bear? Now her Minhyuk bear won’t be alone!”

I laughed at his comment picking up some of the frames; Baekhyun followed my actions. “Minhyuk must have been weirded out earlier when he picked it up.”

I walked Baekhyun and myself into Nara’s apartment where Minhyuk and Chanyeol were in the middle of setting up the television. “Maybe,” Baekhyun said laughing.

“We put the nails and the clock hands on the wall for you,” Minhyuk said from behind the flat screen.

“Thanks!” I said placing one of the photos on the wall. While shopping earlier, I had found large clock hands that you hang on the wall. You’re supposed to place twelve photos around the hands to tell the time and I thought that it would be the perfect touch to Nara’s apartment.

The first photo, as well as the number one on the clock, was a picture I found in one of Nara’s old scrap books stored in her room. The photo consisted of her mother, father, and her when she was about two. The second photo was of Nara at age five, another photo I found in the album. Up until the number five were old photos of Nara growing up numerically put by age.

Photo six was a picture of Nara and myself from the first week she had moved here. I smiled as I hung it on the wall. Photo seven was her with Minhyuk making peace signs in front of the college. The next one was of Nara with EXO, Minhyuk, and I in the dance studio; I think that was my favorite photo out of them all. The last one that wasn’t empty was number nine; the photo of her and Jongdae from today.

“Look at baby Nara!” Chanyeol exclaimed looking at the very first photo. “She was so squishy!”

We all laughed at Chanyeol. Coming down from the ladder, I went to place some of the other frames on the bookshelf Chen bought her. Earlier, Baekhyun and I went to the bookstore and bought some books I thought she would be interested in; she also had some books from her other apartment that I placed in the shelf.

“I think that’s it,” Minhyuk said looking around the room. “The bed’s been set up thanks to the deliverers, the shelves have been put together and have had items placed on them, the kitchen has been equipped with pans and food, and her laptop has been hooked up to the television to have a larger monitor.”

“Where’s the mouse and keyboard?” I asked knowing that I had bought a wireless set so she could edit photos from the comfort of her couch.

We all looked around for it unsure of where I had placed it. “Found it!” Chanyeol exclaimed pulling it out from the cupboard that the television was sat on. “I think I placed it in there earlier by accident.”

I laughed at him nodding slightly. “That’s alright; let’s just take it out of the box.”

After we sat the keyboard and mouse on the table and plugged the chip into her laptop, we all sat on the couch looking around.

“I think we did a good job,” Minhyuk proudly announced. I nodded resting my head onto Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“We should probably leave before they come back,” my boyfriend said. “It’s almost seven.”

We all got off the couch shuffling to my room. As I was about to close the door, I suddenly remembered something. I dashed back into the room grabbing a sticky note and pen off of her bedroom desk writing down a note. Once finished, I put the pen back and stuck the note to the fridge before leaving the apartment.

I really hope she likes it.

 

 

 

 

worth-every-second-clock-kit.jpg

 


 

Random EXO Confession #49:

I have a folder of songs from radio shows and such that aren't EXO's songs but they sing them. The 'album' on iTunes is just called EXO.

 

Tumblr: www.holloxygirl1.tumblr.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HolLoxygirl1

Instagram: http://instagram.com/holloxygirl1