041

You're Exotic

Nara


 

I stood backstage watching Sulli and Baekhyun settle down in their seats. They were about to start their press conference soon and were getting positioned while the rest of EXO, Minhyuk, and I were standing backstage. Well almost all of EXO; Tao was still visiting his home back in China.

Backstage, most of the derps were gathered around a television getting ready to watch the conference from there while I on the other hand, peeked through the curtain and Sulli and Baek until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Chen giving me one of his famous smiles that made my heart flutter.

I’ll admit that he’s cute but I’m not attracted to him in any other way than his looks. I turned my head back around ignoring the troll who was now stood beside me with his hand still on my shoulder. After a minute of silence and him not moving, I gave up. “What Chen?” I asked annoyed of him.

Looking startled, from my tone I presume, Chen removed his hand. “Just wanted to know why you weren’t back there with the rest of us.”

I was about to let the curtain go to go back into the room when Sulli turned and looked to me. I threw my fist up and mouthed ‘Hwaiting’ at her and then closed the curtain. My mood went back to annoyed as I scowled at Chen. Before he could comment any further, I walked back to the area with the television.

Seeing Minhyuk, I sat down next to him. Luhan, who was to my right, flashed a smile as I sat down between him and Minhyuk. I watched the TV waiting for it to start as noise fluttered all around me. Luhan was busy talking to Sehun about his daily life while Minhyuk was talking to Chanyeol about, well, them in general. The conference was supposed to start soon and I was getting bored waiting and listening to the greasiness of the two couples beside me. I blew my cheeks out in frustration, a habit I have, and placed my head upon my hands that leaned on my knees.

Before I could respond to the sudden hands around me, I was pulled back into strong arms and positioned into someone’s lap. I didn’t have to look at him to tell who it was; his scent gave it away. “What the are you doing?” I asked Chen annoyed. Why was he now suddenly cradling me in his arms?

I felt his shoulders shrug and the vibration in his chest as he spoke. “You looked uncomfortable just sitting on the floor. I thought I’d make a pillow for you.”

I took a deep breathe in and released it still not sure what to do. “Whatever,” I scoffed giving up. There was no use to struggle considering his arms were locked around me and he was comfy. Also, no press was backstage so it was alright for us to be seen like this to EXO. And for once, the douche bag was right about something... being a pillow that is.

I closed my eyes still waiting for the announcer to come on and say ‘action!’ As my eyes remained closed, there was a slight pressure on top of my head and I could tell Chen had placed his head upon it.

Is this cuddling? I’ve never been cuddled before so I’m assuming this is it… right? It feels nice and warm. Seeing that it’s pretty nice, I’ll let Chen do as he wishes for now. Now isn’t the time to argue, right now is about Sulli and her lover.

As if the speaker read my mind, he announced ‘action.’ Someone then introduced Baekhyun and Sulli and told the audience to ask when called upon and many other boring things. I was just waiting for the questions to be asked so I could learn about the two more than what Sulli has told me.

So many hands were raised. SOOOO MANY. I could see Sulli searching through the crowd with her eyes as she called on the first person. “How long have you two been dating?” the lady in a gray blazer with long brown hair asked Sulli. Sulli and Baekhyun both responded at the same time.

“Three months.”

“Two months.”

Sulli stared at Baekhyun in disbelief as he had replied with two months. “Three months,” she said looking to him and then turning to smile back at the audience. Baekhyun then picked the next questioner. “Do you guys ever fight?”

“No.”

“Yes.”

Again with the simultaneous responses. I was starting to get worried at the different answers. Sulli kept shooting looks to Baekhyun as he kept getting the questions wrong.

 

By the tenth question that Baekhyun had gotten wrong, I was also furious.

“How the hell do you forget her birthday?!” I yelled slamming my fists down onto my legs.

“Nara,” Chen said hovering above my ear. “Clam down.”

Although Chen’s sweet voice was soothing, I couldn’t control my rage. “I’ve only known her for a month and I know her god damn birthday!”

I crossed my arms as I was planning to smack some sense into Baekhyun later. He seriously is not going to get away without some punishment.

“Calm. Down.” Chen growled in my ear in a demanding voice. I’ve never heard his voice so serious before. Deciding it was best to listen, I did.

Sulli called on a man who looked about twenty seven and wore glasses with a black jacket. “Baekhyun, could you tell us what Sulli’s favorite color is?”

Sulli looked to Baekhyun while he thought for a second. “Purple.”

Sulli’s mouth hung open wide. “Wow Baekhyun,” she began in a very pissed voice. “You really don’t know me at all. You get my birthday wrong, you get how long we’ve dated wrong, and now even my favorite color?”

Furious, she stood up sitting her water bottle on the table. “This conference is done.” She then turned and walked away from the table and out of the shot.

“What the hell?!” I ragged starting to stand up. Although I tried to get up, Chen forced me back down. “Get off!” I yelled as he kept his grip strong on my waist.

I needed to go find Sulli and see if she was alright and then after, I would slap the out of Baekhyun. First, Chen needed to let me go. No matter how hard I struggled though, he wouldn’t budge.

“Kim Jongdae,” I growled. “Get off of me right now.”

“No,” he sternly said back imitating my growl.

I was somewhat frightened by his tone. What happened to the melody voice that I loved and the Chen I hated? I turned my head to look at the one who was holding me back. His face was stern and reminded me of one of a strict father when they told there child they were grounded giving them no sympathy.

My face turned away from anger and back into my normal expression. I looked into his eyes searching for some way out of his grip and whispered my plea. “I really need to see if she’s okay.”

Chen’s face turned back into the charming Jongdae as he looked back into my eyes. “Trust me,” he whispered. “She’s fine.”

His voice was now again like a sweet melody and it affect my brain yet again. Chen was a wonderful person with a horrible personality and it killed me to see him like that. I hate his personality but everything about him is just too tempting to resist.

Giving into his words, I backed down and laid my head back to his chest. The pressure once again returned upon my head as my mind traveled everywhere. My main concern though was if Sulli was alright.

 

 

tumblr_mtb5fxrLwL1riav2to1_500.jpg

 


 

Random EXO Confession #41:

When I first saw this picture of Taemin and Kai, I couldn't tell who was who. I only liked SHINee at the time and still couldn't tell which one Taemin was.

 

Tumblr: www.holloxygirl1.tumblr.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HolLoxygirl1