Realising My True Feelings

My Best Friend or My Crush?

Many days had passed since you went on the date with Minwoo at Lotte World. You and Minwoo had been going on many dates after that, and you both had gotten more closer to each other. Kwangmin had always brought Youngmin everywhere you and Minwoo went, resulting with Youngmin feeling sad or quietly sniffling to himself. When Kwangmin couldn't bear to see his brother like this any more, he stopped spying on you two. Kwangmin had realised.. that you had started to have feelings for Minwoo, and they were more than just best friend feelings. Kwangmin bit his lip just at the thought of it.

Today at school, you were wearing your bright face as usual, and Minwoo was as well. Both of you were waiting for class to start, when the door opened revealing the Jo twins. Kwangmin simply waved and faked a smile at you, and you did the same, except your smile was real. Youngmin tried to act normally, and smiled and waved at you as well. You did the same.

Now normally, when you saw Youngmin waving or smiling at you, you would have butterflies in your stomach and you would blush. But ever since you and Minwoo had that date at Lotte World, the feeling inside was gone. You had always wondered why, but couldn't find a conclusion with it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

School had ended and before you knew it, you were at home, getting ready for another date with Minwoo. This time, you would both go to the Hankang River to look at the lovely view. Minwoo would pick you up at 5:30PM, and it was already 5PM. You hastily got yourself ready and by the time you had finished, it was 5:20PM. For the next ten minutes, you decided to sit down and relax.

Ten minutes passed and then you heard a knock at your door. You eagerly got up from the couch and opened the door. There was Minwoo, looking ever so cute to you. You smiled and casually said, "Hi Minwoo!"

"Hi ~~~~! I hope I wasn't late?" he asked, worried.

You shook your head, earning him a small smile. "Then.. shall we go?" Minwoo asked, while holding his hand out for you to take it.

You nodded and took his hand without hesitation. He laced his fingers through yours and it sent a little tingly up your spine. *Why am I getting this feeling again? I've realised that I don't get this feeling with Youngmin anymore. I - Is it just me, or have I... stopped liking Youngmin? Have I moved onto like.. Minwoo instead? A - Andwae! That.. can't be possible.. right? But then, why do I keep going out on dates with him? Why don't I care if he's holding my hand or hugging me, or even kissing me on the cheek?* you thought.

*Everyday I'm falling in love with her even more.. How I wish she was really mine.. Ah! What are you saying, Minwoo? I'm only helping her. Yes, that's it. Only.. helping.. I don't even know why I bother to hide my true feelings anymore. Yes I love her. Okay? But... she loves Youngmin. I have nothing else to do, but enjoy the time I have with her.. until the day she has to leave me...* Minwoo thought.

After 30 minutes of walking, you both had finally reached the Hankang River. You loved it here and you eagerly ran over to where the the river was. Minwoo just followed behind you, smiling. You stopped at where the railing ended and looked straight at the horizon. "It looks so ... beautiful." you said, mesmorised by the beautiful view.

"It is, isn't it...?" Minwoo agreed, staring straight at the horizon as well.

Both of you stayed staring at the horizon for quite a while, until your stomach grumbled. You started blushing in embarrassment and Minwoo softly giggled. "Let's go get something to eat, shall we?" he offered.

Without hesitation, you nodded. Minwoo smiled and then spotted a crepe stand nearby. He took you to the stand and then asked what flavour you wanted. "I want mango!" you exclaimed, acting like a little child.

Minwoo nodded and then walked to the crepe seller. "I'd like a mango crepe and a strawberry crepe please." Minwoo said.

The crepe seller nodded and then went to go make the crepes. You were sitting at a bench nearby and Minwoo was waiting for a while. After ten minutes, the crepes were ready and then Minwoo paid. He took the two crepes and ran to where you were, worried that you had been waiting too long. When he arrived, he saw you boredly sitting on the bench, waiting for his return. Minwoo walked up to you and placed a crepe in your hand. "Here. And sorry it took so long." Minwoo apologised.

You shook your head and said, "No it's alright."

You your crepe and then grinned widely. "This is good! You should try yours too!" you exclaimed.

Minwoo chuckled and then nodded. He his crepe as well and then a smile crept onto his face. "Wow, you're right! This does taste good!" he laughed.

"Jinja? Can I try your flavour?" you asked.

Minwoo pouted. "Only if you let me taste yours too!" he bargained.

You nodded and then without a warning, you leaned to where Minwoo was and some of his crepe. Your face was so close to his, that he began blushing a little bit. You pulled back and then tasted the strawberry flavour in your mouth. "Hmmm.... this is good, but not as good as my mango!" you 'mehrong'ed him.

He pouted and then leaned in, some of your crepe too. "Hmm.. you're right! Mango is better!" he agreed.

A smile crept onto your face as you continuously ate your crepe. You were eating your crepe, until you felt something smudge against your nose. You turned your head to Minwoo. "What did you do to me?" you asked.

Minwoo just burst out giggling and laughing. "Sorry, I just had to do it. I felt like it! I smudged some strawberry flavoured crepe onto your nose. Here, let me get rid of it for you.."

He leaned in. You started crazily blushing. He poked his tongue out and the cream off your nose, then pulled back. "There you go, all gone now!" he smiled.

You just continued to blush, and then slowly nodded. "T - Thanks." you stuttered.

The rest of the time you both ate, it was quiet, except for a few smudges on you again.

Eventually, you both finished eating and then Minwoo decided to take you home. The walk home was filled with no conversation, but a shy and embarrassing aura, as both of you were deep in thought.

*I can't believe I did that! But.. I don't think I'll ever regret doing it... I think I have finally realised my true feelings for you ~~~~... I've fallen in love.. with no one else, but my best friend... You.* Minwoo thought.

*Eee ~ I can't believe Minwoo did that! But for some reason, I wish he had never stopped doing it... I think I've finally realised my true feelings for you Minwoo... I never thought that this would happen, but.. I've fallen in love with Minwoo. Not Youngmin, but Minwoo.* you thought.