Namjoo's house

THE IDOL HUNT

" We are here."

Namjoo proudly shows to her house. It is a beautiful two-storied house which is built on a hilly place on the green grass land. Beside it are two houses but they are a little far from it.

Namjoo onced said that there are deep chasms behind the house. The house is lovely and the scenes beside are also beautiful.

" Oh my god!!! It's so beautiful!!! "

Nana unnie said she is pulling off her sunglasses. They enter the house and they can estimate easily how much Namjoo's family rich by looking at the inner house-decoration. And in the living room, a large landscape of painting is hanging.

" This is my grandparents. They passed away ten years ago."

" Aww."

When all their belongings are off from the car, Namjoo helps them for rooms.

" Nana unnie and Manager Liz, please take the room at the upper right side."

" Ok. Come on, Honey. Help me with my luggages."

" Of course, baby unnie. I will. Come. You have to take a rest."

The two managers walk up and they are left there.

" Unnies, you can use every room you like in the upstairs. And director Lee, please stay in the reading room."

" Then me and Eunji will be in one room."

" And me and Hayoung."

" Unnie, let's stay three. Me, you and Yookyung unnie."

" Fine."

" And me and Chorong unnie!! "

Bomi said excitingly and Naeun whispers something into Chorong's ear while giggling herself. Chorong's face reden and she said immediately.

" But I want to stay alone. Can I switch room with director Lee??? "

" Yes. I am cool with everyone."

Hyeri agrees with Chorong and the room selection is done. But Bomi is sad as Chorong refuses to stay with her. While they are about to move their things to their rooms, a car reaches at the door.

Namjoo runs quickly to there.

" Uncle Ji!!! "

" Namjoo-ya!!! When did you arrived??? "

" Just now, uncle."

" You said you will not coming back this year."

" I can come back to my house every time I like. This is not your business."

Namjoo said with a firm and cold tone that she never used before, making everyone surprised. That lady who is about thirty two or less, shakes her head and enters the house without frowning. When she sees a crowd in the living room, she is surprised.

" Namjoo's guests??? "

" Yes. Hello."

Nana and Lizzy who are entering back into the living room said.

" Oh, please have a seat."

At that time, Namjoo and the man called Uncle Ji enter.

" Uncle, I have introduce you to this persons."

That man seems he is friendly as his face is smiling.

" This is our teacher, Im Jinah. And this is our manager, Lizzy. She is the director for our music video, Lee Hyeri."

" It's nice to meet you."

" This unnies are Chorong unnie, Bomi unnie, Eunji unnie, Naeun unnie, Yookyung unnie and she is the most important person for me, maknae Hayoungie."

" Ahhh, you are more beautiful in person than in TV."

" Thanks you, uncle."

" Unnies, this is my uncle, Uncle Ji Sukjin. He has been living in the house for a long time since my grandparents are alive. He is like my real uncle. And she is Son Jihyo."

Namjoo seems she has to introduce to this lady as if she doesn't want to be rude. She seems she doesn't want to introduce her at all if she can.

But the lady called Son Jihyo seems she is friendly. They can't understand why Namjoo hates her.

" What do you want to eat, Namjoo-ya. Omma will cook it for you."

" Do as you like. I will go upstair now. Unnies, come along this way. Uncle, I'm going."

While Namjoo is pulling the Apink members with her, Nana and Lizzy are left in the living room with Son Jihyo. She sighs and explains.

" I am her father's new wife. So Namjoo sees me as a stepmother. Although I am getting along with son, Namjoo hates me."

" Aww."

" Since Heechul died two years ago, Namjoo becomes more hateful to me. She transfers to Seoul at high school and she is not here when son died. She decides to attend the Art university after she graduated. And this is the first time she comes back home."

" What are you talking to my teachers??? "

Namjoo said coldly while she is walking down from the stairs.

" Let them to rest. And we are hungry. Do something to eat for us."

" Awww, yes. Yes. I will do it."

Son Jihyo enters the kitchen quickly. And Namjoo helps them to carry the remaining bags of Nana who carried five luggages for this trip for no reason and leads them to their room.

 

 

xxx          xxx        xxx

 

 

" When will you reach??? "

" xxxxxxxx "

" Then we will start as soon as you arrive."

" xxxxxxxxx "

" Arasso. Arasso. I know. Then I will hang up."

Hyeri said impatiently and hangs up the phone. And when she checks the phone, OMG , she sees 72 misses calls and 163 text messages. All are from Chaerin unnie.

She dials to Chaerin immediately.

" Chaerin unnie. What's up??? "

" Are you going for a trip with Apink??? "

" Yep."

" Where??? I want to follow."

" No. You can't. We are in a secret place."

" Tell me that secret place. Will you, little sister??? "

" Hello??? Hello??? Chaerin unnie??? "

" Hello?? Can't you hear me??? "

" Hello?? Hello?? Aish, I can't hear anything. I will just hang up."

Hyeri pretends to lose the connection and she hangs up the phone. She then looks around the house and looks for the location.

" Hmmm, the house beside seems great. It will be the best if I can filmat that house."

She whispers and enters back into the house where everyone is waitibg for her. She takes a piece of apple and explains them.

" Tomorrow, Sojin unnie and the stuffs will arrive. Then we can start."

" What about the plot??? "

" Immm, when I look at Apink records, their photo shooting dresses are cute in some way. So I want to film them in Princesses version. The princesses will look for their prince in the rain. How beautiful!!! Right??? "

" Omo!! Director Lee. You are so daebak!!! "

" Imm. This is not a bad idea."

Everyone agrees with Hyeri's idea. Hyeri looks at Nana unnie and she asks again.

" Ummm, Teacher Im, you have that princess dresses??? "

" Of course. I take all of them. I know they will be useful again."

" Then it is settle now. We can start the day after tomorrow if everything is ok."

She said and they all feel that they are right to choose Hyeri as their director.

" Namjoo-ya!!! "

At that time, a beautiful girl enters the house and Namjoo stands up immediately and runs towards her. That girl opens her arms to welcome Namjoo and they share a deep hug.

Hayoung widens her eyes when she sees a close relation of Namjoo with that girl.

" Jihye unnie, how did you know I am here."

" I have sixth sense. I can know when you are around, my Namjoo."

" Hee hee. You are so cheesy, unnie."

What!!! Namjoo unnie's girlfriend??? Hayoung thinks and she frowns.

But she is more surprised when Hyeri stands up and hugs that girl when Namjoo releases her.

" Hello, Jihye unnie. Long time no see."

" Oh, Hyeri-ya!! How you reach here??? "

" This kids asked me to make a music video for them and I was dragged to here."

Hyeri answers and she laughes along with her.

" How about Yura??? "

" She is fine like always. "

" Imm. I am happy to meet you. And I am also glad to happy to meet with Apink, too. I am a fan of you in Idol hunt."

" Really??? Thanks you."

" My house is beside this. You can come and visit me everytime. "

" What??? Your house is that one?? "

" Yes."

" Can I film some scenes in your house?? "

Hyeri asks and Jihye laughes out really loud.

" Yah!! All you know is that film??? Huh?? "

" But unnie, I really love to film in your house."

" Ok. You can."

" Thanks you."

Hyeri said and they share the hug again. At that time, Namjoo stands up and she tells them.

" Now we have to go somewhere, unnies."

" Where Namjoo-ya??? "

" I want to introduce you with someone."

Namjoo said and she hands the car key of a black van to Chorong. And she takes then to an Italian restaurant.

" Namjoo-ya, we have just had the lunch."

" Yes, I know. We are here to meet the owner of this restaurant.

Namjoo said and she leads them to the owner's room. In this room, a young lady about 25 years old is smiling at them. And she quickly stands up to hug Namjoo.

" Oh, Namjoo-ya. When did you arrive??? "

" Today."

" You become more beautiful. And they are your members?? "

" You know??? "

" Yep. I am a big fan of Apink, too."

Then Namjoo introduces them to that unnie and they talk about random things. When they come back from that unnie call Sandara, she even asks them their autographs.

Hayoung thinks Namjoo has many girlfriends at her home town and she asks her in curiousity.

" Namjoo unnie, who is she??? "

" She is my sister-in-law. And she is Uncle Ji's daughter."

" Aww."

Hayoung said as she is relief that Sandara is only her sister-in-law. But she doesn't  still like about Jihye unnie who is too much friendly with Namjoo.

 


xxx         xxx         xxx

 

 

" Ok. Cut... Cut... Cut..."

Hyeri is filming with so much passion. She really loves this job as she films it all day.

" It's all for today."

After her announcement, everyone is happy. But you can't blame on them. Hyeri has been filming the whole day and they haven't eaten anything till 3:00pm.

" Chorong-na. Come and eat lunch."

" Yes, Jihyo unnie. But I want to rest first. I will eat it later."

Chorong said and she walks back to her room as she has a small headache. Then she lied down on the bed and sees many books on the bookshelves.

" It is better to read a book."

She looks for something to read. Most of them are self-improving books so she doesn't interested in them.

" What is that??? "

She then pulls out two diaries book which are sandwitched between two thick books.

When she opens the first book, it is written as 'To Sandara'. Although Chorong wants to read it, it seems it is a private book so she decides not to read it. And her eyes widen when she opens the other.

" TFDSFU EJBSZ."

" What is this??? "

When she quickly flips the book, she found that the whole book is written in that language. This must be written about something scret. She thought. When she checks the calendar at the front page of the diary.

2012

Then, it is not long ago.

When Chorong opens again the first book and read it run through, this is Namjoo's brother, Kim Heechul's book. The main character of this book is Sandara. He seems he loves her so much. But Chorong interested most is the last pages.

" I can't even believed. Uncle Ji and Sandara are father and daughter. Why they didn't tell me??? I think I am right. Should I teach little sis about the secret letter?? And I should ask omma to be careful. But my conditions become worse. If I die suddenly, I have to arrange the company for Namjoo. Whatever, I have to protect my family."

Chorong re-read the letter. It is sure that there must be a secret in another book. At that time, a knock is heard.

*  knock  knock  knock  *

" Can I come in, Chorong-na?? "

" Yes, Jihyo unnie."

When Chorong opens the door for Jihyo, she comes into with a tray of food.

" Ahh, why you carried it?? I should come down to eat."

" You haven't eaten anything today."

" But I should come down."

" It's ok."

Chorong thinks if she should ask it or not for a few seconds and she asks.

" Unnie?? "

" Yes?? "

" Namjoo has a brother?? "

" Yes. How do you know?? "

" I just found the diaries."

" Immm. Heechul and Namjoo are the children of my husband. I met him when I was twenty four and I thought he was the right one for me although he is much older than me. When I married to him, I am not that older than them. And so Namjoo doesn't like me. I tried to be a good mother for them but in her eyes, I am always a step-mother."

Chorong feels sorry for the lady.

" But Heechul was a different story. Son and me were very get along. He always cheer me up when Namjoo said something bad to me. I spent my whole life to look after them until Namjoo left to Seoul."

" Aww, now Heechul oppa is- ??? "

" He is not in good health since young. When my husband died, he had to take the company and that made his health to be worse. Plus with work stress and I thought he is just over work. One day he didn't come down for dinner and when I went to check him, he is died in his bed."

" I am sorry. I have asked you about sad things."

" It's ok."

She answers while she is wiping the tears on her face.

" I am sorry but I want to ask the last question. When did he die?? "

" August 2012."

Then the diary is really not long ago. Chorong said to herself. Then she remembers one person.

" Unnie, you know Sandara unnie??? "

" Yes. She is son's girlfriend. She often comes to our house. She is also the daughter of Sukjin-sshi. I don't know definitely."

" Yes."

" She is really good. Heechul stayed with her before he died. May be four or five months. When he died, he gave a restaurent to her. She is still coming to our house."

" Yes."

" Chorong-na, eat it before cold. I have to go to downstairs."

" Oh, yes. I am really sorry. I have been asking about others' family matters."

" It's ok."

When Jihyo unnie leaves, Chorong is more confused now.

" Like Jihyo unnie said, it is just a normal case. Then this book is nothing serious??? Ahh, I want to know."

Chorong doesn't know what to do as she knocking over the table and thinks for an idea.

" Sandara unnie."

When a name enters her head, Chorong has an idea. She changes her clothes and runs down the stairs. The Apink members look up her with wide eyes.

" Chorong unnie, wher are you going?? "

" Near by."

" Let's go together."

" No!!! "

She said and she takes the car that they used and drives off, ignoring all the callings from her back. When she arrives to the restaurant, Sandara unnie welcomes her warmly.

" Choring-na, are you alone?? Where's the others??? "

" No, unnie. I am here to ask you a question."

" To me??? Ask. What do you want to know?? "

" Can you read this letters?? "

Chorong shows some words that she copied from the diary. Sandara's face becomes white and violet shades run through her face when she sees the letters. And she stutters.

" Chorong-na, they... they are- "

" I found them in Heechul oppa's room. I wonder you can read them."

" Don't you find any books?? "

Alarm ringings are noisy in Chorong's head. She asks Sandara with cautions.

" What kind of book?? "

" Like diary."

" No. Why unnie??? "

" Aww, I don't have much memories with Heechul oppa. For go and take them, Namjoo doesn't like to touch her brother's stuffs. This letters are made by us when we started dating. We used them for fun. When I see them again, I become missing him."

Sandara said while tears are running down on her face. Chorong blames on herself that she just makes Sandara to feel the pain again.

" Sorry unnie. I am just curious."

" It's ok."

" But unnie, can you tell me what is this meaning??? "

" It says 'in the chasm'."

" In the chasm?? "

" Yes."

Chorong falls into her thoughts and bows to Sandara.

" I will take my leave now."

" Oh, eat something before you leave."

" It's ok, unnie. I just eat lunch."

" Really??? Then visit me one more time."

" Yes. I'm going."

She then drives back to the house. On the way back home, she keeps thinking about the strange letters. When she arrives back, Namjoo is waiting for her at the door.

" Unnie, where were you going??? "

" I had a headache so I just drove around."

" All are worried for you to death. You even don't know the roads well."

" Yes. Yes. I know. Ahh, Namjoo-ya. You know this letters??? "

" Imm. Oppa always wrote them."

" Can you read??? "

" No. But I can write my name. Oppa taught me."

Then Namjoo wrote the letters on the car windowpane. Chorong talks with her for a few minutes and she returns back to her room. Then she has to think calmly.

 

JO UIF DIBTN  =  in the chasm

LJN OBNKPP  =  Kim Namjoo

" There must be a relation."

While she alone sits down in the room and looks for the key, her phone rings noisy. When she checks the caller, it is unknown.

" Hello??? "

" Hello, Chorong-na. I'm Sandara."

" Yes. Why are you calling me?? "

" I have something to say so I ask your number from Namjoo."

" Yes."

" If you see a book with this letters, please give me. It is so important, if not - "

" If not what, unnie?? "

" If not, I will have to be sad. I want to re-read what he wrote."

" Ok. I will give you if I find it."

" Yes. Yes. Thanks you, Chorong-na."

" Yes, unnie. Then, I will hang up now."

Chorong quickly hangs up the phone and she looks at the paper back.

" I wonder if my suggestion is right."

She said and she starts translate the first letter.


TFDSFU EJBSZ  =  secret diary

When she translates the first word, she is so surprised.

" Omo. I can read it."

While she is surprising herself, someone knocks on the door.

" Who?? "

" Who should be??? Us, unnie."

" Aish. The kids are coming to disturb me."

Chorong whispers and she quickly hides all the papers and diaries in the drawer while she is shouting to them to wait for a second. When she opens the door, they came in with pouting face.

" What happened to you unnie?? "

" What happened to me?? "

" You have been missing the whole day."

" I was reading."

" Really unnie?? "

" Awww, why I have to lie you??? I am telling the truth."

She said. At that time, Bomi tries to sit beside her. Chorong quickly looks at Naeun's direction and when she finds that Naeun is staring with her with a playful smirk, she pulls Yookyung beside her and makes her to sit.

Bomi frowns as she understands what Chorong has done. She turns around and hides her sad face from others.

She thinks that Chorong really hates her.