A Birthday No-one Knew

Genie

"Guys, what should we do to thank ~~~~ for boosting our popularity by so much? I mean, girls actually TALK to us now…" Dongwoon's eyes darted from left to right, looking for any suspicious girls hiding in the bushes, wanting to talk to him.

"Well, we sang for her last time… It seemed like she liked it but the attention got to her," Kikwang said in thought, trying to think of a way to repay you for the help you've given them.

 

You stretched under the secret spot you share with Yoseob. *Feels so good to be here, a place where no-one knows. Except, of course, Yoseob.* You smiled and leaned onto the tree again, raising your hand up, watching the sun rays splurge through your fingers.

"~~~~," a voice softly called. You turned your head and smiled, "Yoseob-ah. What are you doing here?" You put your hand down and watched as Yoseob came by your side and sat down.

"The same reason you're here," Yoseob winked and closed his eyes, enjoying the cool shade. You took a breath in and closed your eyes, leaning against the tree, relaxing the busy world.

"Yoseob-ah, did you know? Tomorrow's my birthday," you said with closed eyes, as in inhaled a breath of fresh air.

Yoseob's eyes opened and turned his head towards you.

"But there's no-one to celebrate it with. Year after year, it's the same. An empty house, an empty me." You warily smiled and opened your eyes, trying to escape the flashbacks you have of your lonely birthdays.

"Well, time to get to class~" You got up and stretched. "Yoseob, you coming?"

Yoseob shook his head, "You go first. It's hard to get a chance to relax like this. I'll catch with you later."

"Okay, bye~" You waved and smiled, walking away.

*How does she do that. Staying so positive and growing up to be such a proper girl. I guess that's what makes her special. What makes me fall for her…* Yoseob's smiled was filled with affection, as he recalled all his moments with you.

"Better get to class before I get detention," Yoseob said as he pouted, running off to class.

 

"Hyung! We're trying to think of a way to repay ~~~~ for what she's done for us. Have any ideas?" the maknae asked.

*She said her birthday's tomorrow right…?* Yoseob's light bulb lit up as he began to explain his idea to the guys.

"Hyung! That's a great idea! We have to hurry! Thank god it's a Friday, we can stay up late and get things ready by tomorrow! Hyung, how'd you know it was ~~~~'s birthday tomorrow though…" Dongwoon asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah. ~~~~ never told us when her birthday way…" Doojoon pressed on.

"Er… Cyworld?" Yoseob lamely smiled and rubbed his neck.

"Oh~" The boys said, as they nodded.

*Phew. I can't let them know about ~~~~ and my secret spot. Hehe, it's a secret for a reason.* Yoseob devilishly smiled.

"Okay, who's up for this!" Hyunseung cried as he raised his hand in the air.

"WE ARE!"

----------------

Seems like they've got a plan to make your birthday extra special this year ;)