Phase Two: Appearance

Genie

On Saturday, you called Yoseob to round up the guys and tell them to head over to your shop.

"Okay, now that we've done something about your posture. It's time we're doing something more drastic. Like your appearance." You paced around the room, talking in front of the six boys that were standing in a straight line.

"Huh?! Appearance!? But I don’t want to get plastic surgery!!" Dongwoon broke down and wailed on the floor.

You gave Dongwoon a dirty look, which made Dongwoon stop whining and stood back up.

"No, I'm NOT making you guys get plastic surgery. It's pointless and expensive. Plus, I don’t think your parents will be very happy to see that a stranger waltzing into their living room, saying that they're their son." You chuckled and but recomposed your posture to your usual strict 'Genie' self again.

"But yes, we will be starting to change your appearance. Fashion-wise." You gave Dongwoon a look.

So here, I've prepared a few looks and ideas for you all. Have a look." You handed them some handouts and they looked admiringly at the clothes printed out.

"Wah… They're such nice clothes. But they're probably just meant to be looked at…" Yoseob dropped his arm and looked to the side, eyes filled with sadness.

"Yeah… It'll either be because we can't afford it or… Just that it won't look good on us nerds… ~~~~-ah. Let's do something else." Dongwoon did the same as Yoseob, dropping his arm and looking at the ground.

You gave them all a stern look. "No. I WILL change you. And it WILL start with your appearance. Now, we're going to go to MyeongDong to buy clothes for you all and that's that. Let's go."

You caught a taxi and got in with Kikwang, Yoseob and Doojoon while Dongwoon, Hyunseung and Junhyung got into the other.

"Sir, to MyeongDong please," you instructed the driver and off you went.

 

Once at MyeongDong, the boys' grew even more self-conscious. As MyeongDong is Seoul's fashion district, everyone was very stylish, and had a unique style of their own. You were busy looking through the displays of the shops to notice the boys trudging behind, muttering amongst themselves.

"Hyung, how're we gonna afford these clothes? They're all so expensive." Dongwoon looked worriedly towards Doojoon.

Doojoon furrowed his eyebrows in concern too. "I don't know Dongwoon… We'll just have to tell her when she decides to buy something."

You stopped and motioned for the guys to hurry. "Come on! We're here. These clothes should be casual enough for you to wear everyday but not too casual so you'll look sloppy. Hurry up!"

You excitedly pushed the glass doors of CLRIDE.n open and went through the racks of clothes. The boys looked around uncomfortably. They picked up the price tags of the clothing which broke their heart.

"Hyung… I really think it's time to tell ~~~~ that we can't afford this…" Dongwoon tugged Doojoon's shirt and looked at him with begging eyes. Doojoon nodded and slowly made his way to you.

"Um… ~~~~-ah… We have something to tell you. The thing is-"

"I know. This comes out from the shop funds. Hmm… Doojoon-ah, try this on." You shoved an outfit onto Doojoon's chest and pushed him towards the change rooms.

"Um… Yoseob, you try this on. Hyunseung, this is yours. Since they're only three change rooms, the rest will just have to wait. It's okay. I'll just take my time picking…"

The three boys finished changing and walked out uncomfortably. "Um… how do we look? Alright…?" Yoseob sheepishly scratched his head and looked at you shyly.

You satisfactorily smiled and nodded but your eyebrows quickly furrowed again. "Okay, we're going to the hair salon after this. Doojoon, Junhyung and Kikwang, your turn to change." You pointed your finger towards the change room while flicking through a magazine.

The boys got changed and walked out too. You nodded again and picked out two more outfits for each of the boys. You told the shop assistant to wrap everything up and gave her a credit card.

"Okay, off to the salon we go!" You walked out the door, thinking about what hairstyle would suit the boys the most while the boys were holding bags of clothes.

"Haha, I feel like we're her servants, holding her shopping bags for her," Kikwang joked.  Junhyung looked through his bag of clothes.

"Though you've got to admit. She knows how to put together an outfit." Junhyung gave you a rare compliment. The boys all looked through their bags again and reminisced what they looked like in them.

 The three outfits that you bought for them :)

"I heard that! Thanks!" You yelled back. Even though you were metres away, your ears were as good as a bat.

"Dammit…" Junhyung muttered underneath his breath.

The boys laughed and jogged and caught up to you, finally forgetting about their self-consciousness and enjoying themselves in the fashionable streets of MyeongDong.

----------------

Sorry guys >< I won't be updating as much (or maybe not at all) for the next two weeks or so because of exams… :( I know, it .

I'm sorry again ><