Secret Spot

Genie

It was another boring day at school. You sighed and boringly flipped through the pages of your book.

*Gosh.. Why does this teacher drag on the lesson for so long… I've already self-taught myself this whole topic.*

You just sat there and blew a puff of air through your cheeks. Suddenly, the teacher clapped his hands together, which got your attention.

"Oh! Class! I just forgot to tell you all something. We're combining with the class next door for a new project. You'll all be in a group of seven, helping out with the upcoming annual school festival. You'll all be designated a position to help around the school or make posters. You can split your groups amongst yourselves. Okay, give me a list of your group members when you've all decided. Okay, class dismissed."

The teacher packed his things and left. It was lunch so the students all piled out to the cafeteria and on the school grounds. You sat in the classroom for a while and looked around at the empty seats.

*A group of seven… I don't even have a friend, let alone seven. I guess I'll just have to go to the other class and try my luck there…* You wearily got up and went on the school grounds to eat.

 

Meanwhile, while your teacher was explaining the new joint school project with your class, the class next door was doing the same. Doojoon and his group was excited, that they'd all be able to be in a group together. The class was dismissed and everybody rushed out to lunch, except the boys.

They were all cheering when suddenly, Dongwoon realised something.

"Wait a moment!" Dongwoon said, as he held up his hand. He pointed at each of the members and counted.

"Six. There's only six of us… Didn't the teacher say a group of seven? What are we going to do? We need one more person! But.. We don't have any other friends…" Dongwoon's shoulders deflated and pouted, pushing his glasses up.

Yoseob tapped his chin. "Um…. Ah! I've got it!" The boys all looked towards Yoseob. "What is it?"

Yoseob smiled mischievously. "We DO have one more friend…. ~~~~!"

"OH YEAH!" The boys clapped their hands.

"Bravo Yoseob, so smart. Now, let's go find her!" Hyunseung shouted, as he hopped off his desk, brought his lunch with him and went off to find you.

"Wait for us!!" Kikwang cried, as he tried to catch up.

 

You were sitting at your usual spot, behind the school, under a tree on a grassy patch. You leaned against the tree and sighed as you looked up at the sky. Nobody ever went there simply because nobody knew it even existed. That was also the reason you were so attached to this place.

*Nobody notices this place, just like nobody notices me.* You put your hand out to block out the sun and looked as the rays spilled through your fingers. You were enjoying yourself when you suddenly heard your name.

"~~~~! ~~~~-ah! Are you there?"

You looked in the direction of the voice. *Hmm? That voice sounds so familiar. Don't tell me it's-* Just as you were about to finish your train of thought, a head poked out from around the corner.

"~~~~!"

*Yep, it was Yoseob,* you thought, as you lazily got up and walked over to him. He beamed at you.

"Did you want something?" you asked, as you started walking back. Yoseob trailed after you like a little puppy.

"Yeah. You've heard about the group thingy we have for our school festival right?" Yoseob looked at you with the utmost enthusiasm, while you just wearily nodded your head. "Yeah, and what?" you replied.

"Well~~" Yoseob tapped the tip of his shoe on the ground and looked down, interlacing his hands behind his back.

"We were wondering… If you want to join our group. You know, for the school festival preparations. There's only six of us and the first person we thought of was you! So please ~~~~-ah. Please!! Please be in our group!" Yoseob closed his eyes tightly and clapped his hands in front of him.

You widened your eyes. *They're asking me to be in his group?* You warmly smiled and nodded.

"Sure, I'll be in your group."

Yoseob lifted his head and beamed at you, his eyes sparkling. "Really!? Yay!! I got ~~~~ into our group!!"

You were mesmerised by Yoseob's eyes again. *How can someone's eyes be so pretty.*

Yoseob was smiling brightly and swinging your arm back and forth. You two made your way to the spot you were sitting at before and leaned against the tree, looking up at the sky.

"~~~~-ah, how did you find this place?" Yoseob asked, as he looked towards the infinitely blue sky.

You thought for a moment. "I don't know… I guess, this place found me. Sounds stupid, right?" you looked down.

"No, you don't. This is actually my secret spot. But I guess, I'll share it with you. But only you, okay?" Yoseob had an affectionate smile, showing his dimples.

You turned your head to face him. A smile slowly crept up your face.

*This boy, has a special effect on me. Always making me smile.*

-------------------

I would love to share a secret spot with Yoseob ><