Chapter 4 ~

Butterfly Flowers
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Would you like a card for any of them?”  You asked, stepping aside for him to look at the cards.
“Yes, I want that one please.” He said pointing at one of the cards, seeming determined this time unlike last time. You took the card and handed it to him. While he wrote his card you prepared a ribbon to hang onto either one of the flower arrangements. When he finished writing he handed the card to you.
“Which one is this for?” You asked. He pointed at the single white violet with a determined smile. It became very clear to you that he only needed your help picking flowers for his friend, but not for his date. Without losing your smile you tied the card around the flower’s stem and turned to the registry to let him pay. He paid with his credit card once again and you handed him the flowers.
“Have fun giving them.” You said with a big smile, hoping it hid your jealousy for whoever would receive the violet.

“Actually… This one is for you.” He said, handing you the white violet you had just given him. Your jaw dropped and your head spun.
“For… For me?” You stammered. He held out the flower towards you and waited for you to take it. You hesitantly took it with both hands and bowed slightly.
“Thank you.” You mumbled with an awkward smile.
“Would you like to go ice-skating with me? They made a rink not very far from here.” He said pointing his thumb towards the door. You looked at him and couldn’t help but think that he was a gorgeous and sweet guy.

Please log in to read the full chapter