Chapter 28 ~

Butterfly Flowers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Your mother was waiting for you in front of Jungho’s apartment building after you had finished work. You said hi to her, but remained silent until you were at Jungho’s apartment. You hugged him and MiYoung and made yourself comfortable on the couch.
“The opening was amazing! Mostly teenage girls showed up, but they bought tons of flowers just to impress Chanyeol. Crazy, really.” You told with a smile on your face.
“They bought flowers for him?” MiYoung asked.
“Yes, they made him wrap it, then they paid for it and then left it on the counter and walked away. Some of them wrote little cards for him too. It was so funny to see.” You said.
“That’s amazing!” Jungho said, happy to hear that his shop was doing well.

“It was! And Eunmi and I had so much fun helping them since they all asked what flower to give to ‘the love of your life’ and then we gave them yellow Carnations or Foxgloves!” You said, laughing before even finishing your sentence. The whole party laughed as you all knew that yellow Carnations stood for disappointment and Foxgloves stood for insincerity.
“Such harmless fun you both had.” Your mother commented, making you smile and nod.
“And how’s the new counter?” MiYoung asked as she had picked it together with you when she stopped by the shop one day.
“Perfect! It’s so nice and fancy. I really love it. Very functional too with all the drawers and such.” You said with a firm smile.
“And they came to take the old one out for you, right?” Jungho asked curiously. You sighed as your smile faded from your face.

“Yes. Actually…” You said, putting your mug of tea on the side table and pulling out the beige envelope with the lifeplan out of your pocket. All people present completely silenced as you looked at them all one by one while holding up the envelope with trembling hands.
“I, for one, have no idea how the envelope magically appeared in that old counter. Because I completely emptied the thing before the men came, checking it dozens of times before letting them take it with them. Yet, this man comes up to me, handing me some envelope that was in the counter. If I wanted to keep that, he asked.” You told before leaving a short pause so someone could speak up, but no-one did. They all remained silent as you felt your hands itch from anger. You opened the envelope and pulled out the paper.

“This… Apparently, is my lifeplan.” You said, looking at it.
“I was go---“ Your mom started, but you cut her off quickly.
“I just left a pause for you to say something so don’t start talking now that I’

Please log in to read the full chapter