Chapter 1 ~

Butterfly Flowers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Going by the results of the poll I opened for this story, 18 of you voted for naming the character.
I'm sorry to the 4 people who voted for the nameless character! <3
The character's name will be Park MinRae - as suggested by Norsyafika!


You stumbled inside and immediately started rubbing your hands together in attempt to make them warmer, while kicking the snow off of your shoes on the doormat.
“Hey MinRae!” You were warmly greeted by the shop owner. His name was Jungho and he happened to be a friend of your mom’s. You met him on Christmas Eve in 1994, when you were 4 years old. Over time he had become like your father, as your own father had passed away on the day you were born. He smiled brightly from behind the counter. You hurried over to him and found the heater behind him. You kneeled in front of it to put your hands against it, warming your skin and relaxing your muscles.
“I don’t like winter.” You complained, still shivering. The heavy snow outside had almost locked you inside your house, but you had put on your snow boots and warmest clothes and faced the cold. The world’s longest scarf was wrapped around your neck about ten times and your woolen hat kept you warm. The only parts that weren’t warm, were your face and your hands. Of course you did wear gloves but they were only warm for about five minutes and the walk to the shop took you at least fifteen minutes.

While you warmed yourself on the heater, Jungho pressed some buttons on the coffee machine behind the counter to make you tea. You rose from your kneeled position and took the warm cup from him between both your hands.
“How can you say you don’t like winter while your favorite flower is the Cyclamen?” Jungho remarked, making you squint your eyes while taking a sip of your hot tea.
“I might have to change my favorite flower then.” You said and giggled a little. Jungho shook his head with a smile and moved around the shop to arrange the flowers. You put down your tea when you felt a bit warmer and took off your thick winter clothes, leaving you in a pair of red skinny jeans and a long grey sweater. You took your apron out of one

Please log in to read the full chapter