CHAPTER 68

Perfect Match(JISICA)

(jiyong side)

Jiyong arrived at Jessica parents’ house. He rang the doorbell. Jiyong was brought into the waiting hall by the maid. He was nervously waiting for Jessica’s parents.

“Hi Jiyong. How are you?” Mr.Jung greeted Jiyong while coming down from the stairs with his wife.

“Good morning Mr.Jung. Sorry for coming this early.” Jiyong shook Mr.Jung.

“It’s ok. It’s not that early too.” Mrs.Jung gave Jiyong a hug. Jiyong carefully hugged back.

“I’ll go prepare some snacks and drinks.” Mrs.Jung said and left the hall.

“So Jiyong, what do you want to talk about?” Mr.Jung sat and motioned Jiyong to sit too.

“Mr.Jung, I know you may think that both Jessica and I are too young to settle down, but I love Jessica and believe that she is the only one for me. I’m here today to ask for your permission to marry Jessica.” Jiyong went straight to the point. He sat straight and hold his hands tightly to calm his nervousness.

Mr.Jung did not say a word after that. He seems like he’s thinking. Jiyong waited silently and nervously.

 

After a while, Mr.Jung spoke,

“I know both of you are deeply in love, but let me ask you, do you think you can love her for the rest of your life? It’s not easy to start a family especially when both of you are still young. Both of you may have dreams and goals that you want to accomplish. I believe that your father wants you to take over his company one day. With all of these, do you think your love for each other can last?”

“Even though I am not sure about the future, but I promise you that I will love Jessica as hard and as long as I can. Both of us will work hard to pursue our career and support each other. I think that’s how a relationship should be.” Jiyong answered sincerely.

“I’m not disagreeing on you marrying my daughter. In fact, both Jessica’s mom and I love seeing how you treat our daughter, and I believe you will be a great husband for Jessica. I just think that you are too early to talk about marriage right now. As you know, marriage is a big responsibility.” Mr.Jung shared his concern.

“Yes, and considering our age, it is not a good time to start a family. Therefore, my plan is to propose to her this evening at the event and then we will get engaged. Then when both of us are ready for marriage after few years, I will propose to her again.” Jiyong shared to Mr.Jung.

“That’s a good plan for both you and Jess. I have no reason to stop you from giving my daughter happiness.” Mr.Jung smiled and said.

“Thank you Mr.Jung. I promise you that I will take good care of Jessica and love her for the rest of my life.” Jiyong said happily.

“Good to hear that. I will look forward to the day you marry my daughter.”

“Thank you.”

 

“What are you gentlemen talking about?” Mrs.Jung entered the hall with maid behind her bringing snacks and drinks.

“I give my permission to Jiyong propose to Jessica.” Mr.Jung held Mrs.Jung’s hand as she sat beside him.

“Really?! Good to hear that but it’s too early for them.”

“They will get engaged before marry.” Mr.Jung explained.

“That’s great.” Mrs.Jung said happily. She gave her blessings to Jiyong.

 

“Thank you so much Mr and Mrs Jung. I promise I will treat Jessica well.” Jiyong gave his promise once again.

“Don’t be formal, Jiyong. Just call us appa and omma.” Mrs.Jung said.

 

 

“Neh abeoji eomeoni. I will have my friends plan on some things this evening. Please keep it as a secret from the Jess.” 

“Jiyong, please make my girl happy.” Mrs.Jung said.

“I will eomeoni.” Jiyong promised.