Well...yeah...kind of....I'm dating someone

The reasons why I hate you

"What is taking Chanyeol so long to get here?" Baekhyun asked himself as he paced in front of his parents house. Chanyeol was suppose to be there at eight pm. It was already 7:30 and he was no where in sight! Why doesn't anyone else like being early to an appointment besides him? "Where is heeeeee?!" He screamed out loud not realizing that the front door opened. "Oh Baekhyun-ah. You're here?" "Omma! Yes. I got here a few...minutes ago." "Come inside child or you'll get cold!" His mother said in worry as she grabbed him by the arm and dragged him inside. "But I'm waiting for-okay." he gave up trying to explain as she closed the door behind them. "Come see what I'm cooking. I'm sure you will love it." "Don't tell me!" "Yes!" "Oh my god! Your famous chicken! Give me some right no-" "Not before dinner Baekhyun! You know my rules." "But ommmaaaa." "No use nagging. Go upstairs and play some piano in the mean time if you want. I will call you when the others get here." "Ugh fiiiine." he pouted as he started taking off his coat. After paying a visit to their dark and empty coat room, he slowly made his way up the stairs. He saw that the light to his father's study was on and wondered what that old crazy bastard was doing, shrugging it off as he wasn't really interested at all. Baekhyun went up another flight of stairs and then opened the door as he passed by the bathroom he frequently used when he was still living in his parent's house. It smelled just the same as before. That slight smell of vanilla lingered in the air and he wondered if someone was using it again. Perhaps it was just his immagination, but perhaps not. He turned off the lights and started to close the door slowly, taking one last look before closing it shut. 

Next stop was his room. How he had missed it. The last time he was here he had enjoyed playing the piano again. Even though the room was partially empty since he had packed everything and stored them in a garage when he left, it still felt like...home. He grabbed the handle to his room and slow pulled on it. It felt like if he opened the door and stepped inside, he was going back to his old life. That scared him a bit. Though it did scare him he opened the door anyway and stared towards the inside of the empty room. "Wait a mi-" Something was different. Something was missing. "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" he yelled out loud as his voice bombarded around the whole house. "Yes honey?" she could be heard yelling from downstairs shortly after. "WHERE'S MY PIANO!" he screamed in panic as he looked inside the room again. "We had it moved honey. The floor was about to cave in by its weight." "Where did you move it?!" "It's in the basement. We moved all the music books down there too." "Aishhh! Why did you have to give me such a fright" He complained by himself as he started making his way down the stairs. As he arrived to the floor underneath his room he saw his father in the lit room's doorway. The two made eyecontact as they both stared at each other. His father seemed to be expression less while Baekhyun waited for a reaction...anything really. After a few seconds passed the latter slowly started closing the door, the light showing in the hall way disappearing little by little. Breaking the eye contact his father closed the door, leaving him in the dark hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Raaain is made of waterrrr. Water turns into raaain. Water kills fireeee. But fire can burn in and on water. What the am I singingggg?" Baekhyun asked himself as he dug inside a box that was filled to the brim with music books. "Hm...I haven't seen this one before. I wonder what it is." he asked himself as he grabbed the big book and walked towards the piano while inspecting it. "This book is ancient. I bet it has some creepy tunes in it though. What about this one. Quiet slumber. Let's see how quiet you are. He put the book on the music rack and slowly sat down on the bench. With a deep breath in he hit the first key and started to play. 

"...That actually sent shivers down my spine. Who the hell even bought this book and why do we have it."he grabbed the book in his hand and looked at the back. As soon as he was about to open it again to observe the contents inside he heard his mother yell, "BAEKHYUN! THE GUESTS ARE HERE!" He jumped on his seat in fright which resulted in him hitting his knee with the bottom of the piano. "Aish!" he yelled again as he rubbed his knee in pain. That's when he noticed that he had dropped the book from his hand. "BAEKHYUN!" "I'M COMING.I'M COMING!" he yelled back as he leaned down to pick up the book that he had dropped.Noticing that a paper fell out of one of the book's pages he picked it up as well and was about to open it to see what was written inside. "BAEKHYUN!" His mother yelled again from up the stairs. "Aish! I already told you I'm coming." he grumbled to himself as he put the paper inside his pant's pocket and threw the book back inside the box. 

He hurriedly ran up the stairs and soon found himself greeting Chanyeol's parents at the door. "Annyeong." He greeted them with a smile and a wave of the hand. "Oh Baekhyun. You grew up to be such a handsome, young man." Chanyeol's mother complimented as the both of them hugged. "What is your secret?" Mr. Park asked with a grin on his face. "Nothing Mr. Park. I guess you could say I try to live as happy as I can. Being happy makes you healthy." "That is true my son. That is why omma tells you not to be so angry all the time. It ruins your skin." "That's true! I totally agree!" Mrs. Park agreed with a nod of the head as both her and Baekhyun's mother started walking off together to the kitchen. "So tell me son. How are you doing in school?" "I'm doing pretty good Mr. Park. I will be graduating this year." "Ah is that so? I heard that you are studying economics?" "Yes sir." "Come pay me a visit when you are done studying. I might be able to offer you a job that pays...quite well if I have to say so myself." "Really?" "Of course! I am always looking forward to scout new workers! Especially ones I have know for over twenty years." "Thanks alot Mr.Park!" Baekhyun said as he grabbed the latter's hand and shook it while bowing repeatedly. "Don't mention it son. By the way. I heard you and Chanyeol reconceiled and are now friends? Is that true?" He asked again with a cheeky grin on his face. "Yes...we made up a while ago." "I knew it! You two cannot live without each other! You were born to be firends! Your parents thought so too! Let's drink to this while we wait for Chanyeol to get here!" "Yes sure....friends." 

~~~~~~~~~~

"When is Chanyeol getting here?" Baekhyun whined as he handed his mother something from a high shelf." "I don't know honey. I'm sure he will be here soon though." "I hope so." Baekhyun said with a sigh. "Enough whining and sighing now Baekhyun. Why don't you tell me a bit about you...Any potential girlfriend?" She asked as she continued chopping up some carrots. "Well...yeah...kind of....I'm dating someone." When he finished his sentence his mother surprised him by turning around and yelling in joy, "Omoooo. That's wonderful! Our baby byun has a girl!" "Yeah...sure do." He said back with an awkward smile knowing that his girl was infact...a boy. A boy named Chanyeol. "You have to bring her over! Mama has to meet this  pretty girl that made Baekhyun's heart flutter." Baekhyun continued to look at his mom as she babbled on about how she had dreamed of this day and how she hoped Baekhyun would soon start thinking about marrying and having kids. "So tell me about this girl! How does she look?" she asked him out of curiosity. Just a few minutes ago Chanyeol had arrived at their house. He was trying to find Baekhyun himself but couldn't stop himself from eavsdropping on the two's conversation from behind the almost closed door. "This person is...very lovable. She has..short, brown hair." "Oh fashionable. I like it! What about her eyes." "She has the cutest round eyes. I start melting when I look inside of them." Chanyeol chuckled from behind the door as he continued to stare at the pair. "She's a bit taller than me, but that's okay I don't mind! Oh and her hugs are amazing. She's just...she's such an amazing person." As he finished his sentence he spotted Chanyeol behind his mother looking all doughy eyes. "I bet she is too pretty!" his mother said again, making Chanyeol pretend like he was flippinf his hair from behind. He started throwing kisses towards Baekhyun, teasingly and his eyes were going back and forth between him and his mother. The last straw for Baekhyun was when Chanyeol his thumb seductively. Baekhyun's mouth opened widely as he stared at Chanyeol. Noticing how his attenion had suddenly diverted from her to something else she looked back only to fins Chanyeol waving at her we an innocent smile.

"Oh Chanyeol you're here. Did you want to say something to Baekhyun?"Mrs.Byun asked Chanyeol as the latter walked into the room. "He was just making fun of me because I have a girl and he doesn't!" Baekhyun screamed out not giving the latter a chance to say anything. "Oh. ctually I have one too. And she's way cuter than yours." "Oh hell no." "Totally. She's pretty, smart and soooo cute. She's a bit short. Kind of like you." he said as he patted Baekhyun on the head with his hand. "No way. She can't possibly be cuter than my girlfriend!" "How about instead of competing you both have a double date?" Baekhyun's mother suggested as she went back to chopping. "I think my girlfriend would love that." Chanyeol said as he gave Baekhyun a wink and exited the kitchen. "You two both got girlfriends at the same time. What a coincidence right?" His mother sad with a chuckle.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Ya. Where are you going?"Baekhyun asked Chanyeol as he followed him out. "Oh, no where. Just trying to get some fresh air." Chanyeol said as he arranged his jacket's collar and then opened the door. "Isn't it too cold out here?" Baekhyun asked as he shivered since he wasn't wearing a jacket. "Are you feeling cold?" Chanyeol said as he grabbed Baekhyun by the hand and tried to warm him up with a warm hug. Baekhyun though, pulled away and looked around to see if anyone was there watching them. "Ya. Not while we're here. They might see us." "...Is it a bad thing for people to see us?" Chanyeol said looking at Baekhyun in confusion. "Of course it is. We just told my mom that we are dating a girl." "Oh. That's true. But we will tell them in the future right?" "Obviously. They'd be a bit surprised though and the job offer your dad told me about when he came through the door will probably disappear," The both of them chuckled at what Baekhyun said and then he continued. "-but that's okay. It will all be okay....It will all be okay, right?" Baekhyun asked as worry clouded over his face and he looked at Chanyeol . "Of course. As long we have each other everything will be fine..." the both of them were worried and confused. Being in this kind of relationship was a hard thing to get used to when they were around their family. They felt great when they were with their friends because all their friends were gay but their familis weren't like that. Further more they were dating each other. Their parents were bestfriends. If they told them they would probably start hating each other. And it would all be their fault. 

"Kids dinner's ready! Come and eat!" Baekhyun's mother yelled from the kitchen window as the both looked at each other. "Let's go eat Baekhyun." Chanyeol said as Baekhyun nodded with a small smile and the both went inside. "Ahh I'm so hungry!" "Hurry to the dining room then baby Baek!" His mom yelled as she passed from one room to the other. As Baekhyun started walking towards the dining room, Chanyeol gently grabbed him by the arm and pulled him back. He pecked him on his lips and with a smile he told him, "Let's go eat Baekhyun-ah." Baekhyun started screaming from the inside. What had happened to that awkward and annoyingly tall kid he knew back when he was young?! Who the hell was this new man that had learned how to charm Baekhyun so easily and make his heart flutter just with one peck on the lips.

"CHILDREN!" "Were're coming Mrs Byun." Chanyeol said with a shy smile as he walked off to the dining room leaving Baekhyun behind him with a gaping mouth.