...Did they have a shipping name for us?

The reasons why I hate you
A/N: I do not why the paragraphs keep dissappearing in this chapter. I tried sectioning it into paragraphs like 5 times but it all goes back to it's blockky original self. I'm so sorry guys T-T

"C-Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked again with a stutter. He was still waiting for Chanyeol's reply and it didn't seem like it would be coming any time soon. With every second that passed, Baekhyun's heart beat quickened and his hope of being accepted was slowly dying. Chanyeol was still stairing at him expression less. What was he thinking right now? He was giving the latter no hint, neither with words nor with facial expressions. Truthfully, Chanyeol had no idea what he was going to say. He wasn't expecting to get this confession from Baekhyun, ever, not in a million years. So what was Baekhyun even thinking when he was confessing to him? That one phrase, Chanyeol couldn't process it at all. In what way should he process it? His former best friend was telling him that he loved him. How was he supposed to process that? Should he process it the way he thinks he should? Or in some other way? What was he thinking it meant anyway.

" Y-you love me?"he asked Baekhyun in disbelief. "How? Why? When?!" He asked in confusion as he looked at the latter, still in disbelief.  "One question at a time, Chanyeol." Baekhyun said again. "Okay, okay you're right!" Chanyeol agreed as he started pacing up and down while still getting rained on. He finally stopped in front of Baekhyun and asked him, " When you say...that word, how do you mean it." Chanyeol asked. Had he asked the right question or was it weird to be asking this? "What?" Baekhyun asked back. "When you say you... love me. What does that mean." The both of them stared at each other. One not understanding the meaning to what the latter had said and the other thinking immediately that this was a huge mistake. "I mean. You love me, as a friend? Or did you mean it as in "I love you, love you." Chanyeol asked not knowing if that made sense. He hoped that Baekhyun didn't mean that he loved him as a friend and now thinks that he's some kind of weirdo again. "....I mean it as an.... I love you, love you?" he said hesitantly, his voice almost mute at the end. He was 100% regretting this now. Chanyeol didn't see him as a lover and he was the one having one sided feelings again. It's hard to believe that Baekhyun had been going through this for the longest time ever.



 "How? How can you say that you love me like that? You hated me in the past and now you're saying you love me?! "Chanyeol asked honestly, in frustration and a bit of anger. He couldn't believe what he was hearing with his own ears. 

"Why did you change your opinion all of a sudden?" he asked when he didn't get an answer. "Chanyeol, I never hated you..." Baekhyun said still looking downwards. "Wait what? As far as I remember you told me. Straight to my face, that you hated me! That you never wanted to have anything else to do with me! Several time aswell!" Chanyeol wasn't lying. He wasn't blind either and the way Baekhyun acted towards him was in no way loving. Alot had changed when they grew up and things were just not the same anymore. "...I know what I said. And unfortunately, I cannot take it back because those words have been recieved." Baekhyun felt terrible. He had always regretted saying such things to Chanyeol and now was the time to apologize. "I'm sorry for hurting you Chanyeol. I'm sorry for telling you that I hated you. Alot of times as well, but I lied. I don't ha-" He stopped talking when he heard Chanyeol chuckling sarcasticaly and looking the other way with his hands on his hips.

"In the past, when we were young," Baekhyun began saying, his face looking very serious. "We used to spend all of our days together. Everyday was like a summer day with you. It was fun being around you and I loved spending every minute I had with you. You were my person and I was yours." he explained his face still as serious as before. "Everyone could clearly see that. I've always had special feelings for you. When we were together it felt like everything was perfect in everyway, just like a fairy tale." His eyes became water and he started sniffling while smiling. "Every fairytale has a villian though and in mine it was my father." Chanyeol continued to look at Baekhyun as he waited for him to finish explaining what he had started. He didn't know that he was special for Baekhyun...or at least was in the past.

"He was always looking down on me and I never understood why he hated me so much. He tried tearing me down. One way or another he had to do it. That's when he realized that the only way to get to me was by using you and he did. I never, not once. Felt like I had the right to be your friend since then. Even more a person you could consider as special." "What are you talking about Baekhyun? Why wouldn't you be special to me?" "....You were on a level that I could never reach. You were....perfect. Just perfect in every way. You still are. My dad was there to tell me that I'm not worth to be by your side every single time he opened his mouth." Chanyeol was furious. Baekhyun's father was getting on his nerves. Not only did he used to beat his own child but he also mentally abused him in every way he could. How could there be such a person? "Why didn't you tell me anything back then Baekhyun?" "I didn't think you would believe me if I told you any of this back then and I didn't know any better at that time because I thought that parents don't lie to their children like that for no good reason. Do they?" Chanyeol and Baekhyun both fell quiet. Chanyeol had been oblivious of everything for all this time. He couldn't believe that Baekhyun believed his father and thought that he wasnt good enough for him. How could he not have known how influential his father's words were to Baekhyun? Not only was Baekhyun hurt but he was also broken inside. He had a broken heart and was slowly trying to fix it. Mending all of the cracks and filling in all of the missing pieces by himself. There was no one else who was willing to do it for him and the person who hurt him the most was his own father. If he had known all of this he wouldn't have left Baekhyun when he told him to. He would have kept holding on to him no matter how much he hit him and pushed him away. He would have stayed there.



"He lied.", he told Baekhyun as he looked at his feet. "What?" he asked looking up at Chanyeol's face. "Your father. He lied to you and he always will. You are special to me and have always been . You are the most beautiful, kind hearted soul I have ever met. Far beyond my level Baekhyun! You tried so hard to reach a level I wasn't even on myself and got further away from me." He didn't know how to explain what he was feeling at the moment. He didn't know how to explain that Baekhyun had been wrong this whole time.

"In the end you became out of reach and when we had that fight I gave up and let you go. That level of perfection you were on made it impossible for me to stay next to you. Who was I kidding, you didn't want to be seen with a floppy eared looser like me... Even today I doubted you would come back when we were playing. But I don't like seeing you this way. I dont like it when you think that you are not good enough to be by my side. Are you kidding me? You not perfect to be by my side? What should I be saying then?" "You are more perfect than you think you are Chanyeol." "...I mostly hate the fact that you listen to what that person has to say more than you should! So please, when that person is around you just close your ears. Don't listen to him and his crappy words. You are you and I like you for being just that." Baekhyun couldn't help it. He felt like he was about to start crying when he hugged Chanyeol in search of comfort. The words he longed to hear were finally being said to him by the most important person in his life. "Thank you chanyeol ah."He said with a small smile as he continued to hug Chanyeol. "For what baekhyun ah?"Chanyeol replied as he hugged Baekhyun's wet body even harder. "For telling me all of that. Now I know why you are so special to me." "Hahaha only now you know? I had it figured out by the time I was about two." he joked back as Baekhyun looked up at him. "I know, I'm a late bloomer." "That's okay....Hey." "Yeah?" "How about we get out of the rain and go somewhere else?" "Oh you're right!" he exclaimed as he grabbed Chanyeol's hand and the both ran for shelter. 

"It's a cold night and it was a tiresome day. How about we call it a night and go home?" Chanyeol asked the latter as he looked back at him. "Oh, you want to go. That's fine you could leave. I mean we could go if that's what you want to." "Don't get me wrong. I mean I want to stay but I'm already getting the shivers from being this wet." "Oh you're right. We did get pretty wet didn't we?" "Hahaha yeah! Don't forget to text me when you get home okay?" "Y-yes I won't." Baekhyun replied with a shy smile as the both of them started walking to the nearest bus station. Baekhyun felt stupid for not bringing his car now.


"Ya, ya! Wake up! Why are you snoring so much today?!" Sehun complained as he pushed Baekhyun's pillow with his hand. It was the middle of the night and today Baehyun's snoring had become unbearable. All those ugly snorts and whistle like breaths were driving Sehun crazy! "I think I got the flu Sehun." "Well isn't that your fault for getting drenched in water?" "I didn't think I would get a cold from getting a little wet..." "A little? You were dripping wet Baekhyun-ah!" Sehun said as he laughed at the latter. It was so funny watching Baekhyun walking into their room wet from head to toe. Didn't he say that him and Chanyeol were going on a date? He didn't realize that by date he meant a jog under the rain. "Ah I almost forgot to ask. How did the date go?" "It was terrible. I even ended up confessing my love to him in the end." "Wow wow wow wow. Love? You love him? Since when? I thought you hated the kid." "I know it's weird to hear me saying this seeing how I had said that I hated him before, but actually...Chanyeol was my first love." Baekhyun whispered the last part. Sehun was going to mock him. ALOT. Oh god. Why did he have to confess that to Sehun?! "...You liked him back when we were kids too." Sehun said as he remembered how the two stuck together every where they went. They didn't even talk to the other kids in their kindergarten classroom just because they were always so focused on each other. He had only realized what Baekhyun actually felt for Chanyeol in highschool though. Baekhyun was depressed for months after having that big fight with Chanyeol and didn't seem like he was going to recover any time soon. "Y-you knew?" he asked Sehun in disbelief. "Of course I knew. You seemed like you were going to die without Chanyeol by your side when you fought in highschool." he said making kissy faces at Baekhyun. "You were our senior year's Romeo and Juliet. Alot of girls wanted to strangle you for breaking their favourite ship." "...Did they have a shipping name for us?" "Of course they did. Baekyeol." "How was I not aware of all of this?!" Baekhyun asked in surprise. "It was their main goal to keep it a secret from the both of you. They were good at keeping the secret weren't they?"  "I'm not even ready to hear about all of this. Let's talk in the morning." he said again as he turned the other way and was going back to sleep. "Don't snore or I will strangle you in my and your fangirls honor." Baekhyun groaned and then ignored Sehun as he tried to go back to sleep.