Day 8 - December 8th

31 Days Of December

    Kyuhyun’s grandmother’s funeral was held this morning at ten o’clock, and Kyuhyun was the only one who attended, or… So he thought. Sungmin also came, but while Kyuhyun was sitting up in the front of the church, silently crying, Sungmin sat in the very back. Kyuhyun had no idea that he was here and by the time the funeral was over, Kyuhyun stayed in his seat for awhile, just staring blankly at the floor. After he came out of his trance, he decided that he should head home. His grandmother wouldn’t want him staying there forever.

    Kyuhyun stood up and turned around. That’s when he saw Sungmin. He stared at the boy. ‘He actually came.’ Kyuhyun thought. Sungmin was staring out the big window of the church but after a moment, he looked toward the front and saw Kyuhyun staring at him. Sungmin slowly stood up, across from Kyuhyun by about 20 feet. Sungmin gave Kyuhyun a sorry look. Sungmin wanted to apologise for saying something wrong yesterday. He didn’t mean what he said, he was just babbling on and that those words suddenly came out.

    “Kyuhyun I-”

    Kyuhyun ran down the aisle of the church and threw his arms around Sungmin. Kyuhyun had missed the boy so much, and to see him at his grandmother’s funeral, that made him put a little more trust in the boy. He just didn’t want Sungmin to leave again.

    “Don’t ever leave me again.” Kyuhyun said.

    “Leave you?” Sungmin asked, “I told you I would never do that and I mean it. I didn’t leave you, I was just… Giving you a bit of space.”

    “I don’t want space from you. I need someone by my side at this point in my life and you’re all I’ve got left.” Kyuhyun cried.

    Sungmin said nothing. He slowly raised his arm and rubbed the taller boy’s back.



______________________________________________________________________________________



    Kyuhyun brought Sungmin home, but Sungmin invited Kyuhyun inside. Remember, he still needed to apologise. Kyuhyun sat on the floor, by the fireplace in Sungmin’s living room. The fire was glowing brightly and Kyuhyun loved the warmth. He had a big blanket wrapped around him because he was really cold. Sungmin came out of the kitchen with two warm cups of hot chocolate and sat across from Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun quietly sipped on his hot chocolate and stared at the fire, until Sungmin caught his attention.

    “Um.. K-Kyuhyun?” Sungmin started, “A-About what happened a two days ago and y-yesterday… Look, I… I-I didn’t mean what I said…”

    Kyuhyun blinked a few times.

    “I… It’s not that I d-didn’t want to k-kiss you… I mean I-I did… I mean…” Sungmin thought for a moment before saying, “Why?”

    “Why?” Kyuhyun asked.

    “Yeah… W-Why did y-you k-kiss me…?”

    Kyuhyun thought about it. Why did he kiss Sungmin? Because he wanted to gain his trust, but doesn’t that seem like an odd way to gain trust?

    “Do you maybe… L-Like me…?” Sungmin questioned.

    Kyuhyun stared at him, speechless. Does he like Sungmin? He didn’t know how to answer, so instead, he avoided the question.

    “ I feel like I… Need you.” Kyuhyun said, “And when I s-say I n-need you, d-don’t take it lightly… I do everything I can to never have to depend on anyone, to never show weakness, and when I say that I n-need you, it means I’m t-trusting you to catch me when I fall.”

    Sungmin set down his cup of hot chocolate and moved closer to Kyuhyun.

Sungmin hugged Kyuhyun through the blanket, “I’m glad you trust me. I… N-Need you too…”

“Why?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Because,” Sungmin pulled away a bit and looked into Kyuhyun’s big brown orbs, “I think I’m falling for you.”

Sungmin laid his head against Kyuhyun’s shoulder, still hugging him tightly. Kyuhyun carefully set down his hot chocolate and slowly wrapped his arms and the blanket around the shorter boy. Sungmin nuzzled his face into the crook of Kyuhyun’s neck. They both stayed warm together in each other’s embrace by the fire.

Kyuhyun didn’t know what was happening to him,




But he didn’t mind it either.




______________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I got back from state on Sunday and I was behind on typing. I’m still behind by two chapters, but I’ll upload them tonight!! Thankyu to my Commenters, Readers, and Subscribers!!(: