Day 13 - December 13th

31 Days Of December

Sungmin awoke, his arm still draped around Kyuhyun’s body. He looked up at the boy’s face and smiled. Kyuhyun’s eyes were shut and his hair was perfectly resting on his face.

“Checking me out?” Kyuhyun asked, his eyes still closed.

Sungmin blinked a few times, confused until Kyuhyun opened his eyes and looked down at Sungmin, smirking.

Sungmin blushed, “N-No…”

“Liar.” Kyuhyun replied.

Sungmin pursed his lips and gave a small pou, which Kyuhyun just laughed at.

“So you look like you’re feeling better.”

Kyuhyun nodded, “A bit.”

Sungmin smiled, “Good.”

Kyuhyun returned the smile.


 

~Ring, Ring, Ring~


 

Kyuhyun noticed that his phone was going off. He sat up a bit and Sungmin did too. Kyuhyun pulled his phone out of his pocket and saw that Yesung was calling.

“Yobosayo?” He answered.

“Kyuhyun, hey! Ryeowook and I are going out today, we wanted to know if you and your ‘boyfriend’ wanted to come.” Yesung replied through the phone.

“Wha- Y-Yah! I told you already he’s not-” Kyuhyun stopped at looked at Sungmin who stared up at him confused, he sighed, “Sure.”

“Cool!” Yesung replied, “We’ll stop by your house in an hour! See ya!”

After he heard Yesung hang up, he turned his phone off and put it back in his pocket. He closed his eyes and laid on his back on Sungmin’s bed and sighed.

“What’s wrong?” Sungmin asked.

Kyuhyun peeked one eye open and looked at Sungmin.

He sat up again before saying, “Yesung and Ryeowook are going on a date and they wanted us to join them.”

“Wait, so this is like a… D-Double d… D-Date…?”

“W-Well… Uhh… I um….”

Sungmin smiled, “Let’s do it.”

“But we’re not d-dating…”

Sungmin nodded slowly, “R-Right… Well, we can go as just friends! I’m sure they won’t mind!”

“Y-Yeah, I guess you’re right.” Kyuhyun replied.


 

_________________________________________________________________________________________


 

Though Kyuhyun and Sungmin were totally wrong…


 

Yesung and Ryeowook arrived at Kyuhyun’s house at about twelve o’clock and all four of them headed out. They had decided to head to the mall to start off their ‘just friends/date’. Yesung and Ryeowook dragged Sungmin and Kyuhyun to a few different stores, one of them being a couple store. Kyuhyun and Sungmin looked at the store, then at each other awkwardly, their faces slowly turning red.

“Are you two just gonna stare at the entrance all day or what!?” Yesung asked as him and Ryeowook pushed the two inside the store.

Ryeowook and Yesung went to look at cute couple bracelets while Sungmin and Kyuhyun just stood around. Kyuhyun rubbed the back of his neck and looked at the items that were on the left side of the wall.

“Hey Sungmin, look at-” But when Kyuhyun turned his head, Sungmin was gone.

He looked around and spotted the small black haired boy observing the shirts that were displayed on the right wall. Kyuhyun walked toward the boy and looked up to see all the different couple shirts.

“What one are you looking at?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin pointed up, “Those white ones, up there.”

Kyuhyun looked at the two shirts. On one shirt it had a black bunny and on the other one, it had a white bunny holding a heart.

“The bunny one?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin nodded, “Yeah, I think it’s cute.”

Kyuhyun looked at the smaller boy.

“I hope someday, I’ll have a cute relationship with someone and we can wear those shirts.” Sungmin said.

“Hey guys,” Yesung and Ryeowook approached the two, “We’re ready to leave, how about you?”

“Yeah, I guess so..” Sungmin said.

Kyuhyun nodded slowly, then took a peek back at the shirts again.

Yesung released Ryeowook’s hand in which he was holding and said, “Wookie, why don’t you and Sungminnie here head out to the car? Kyuhyun and I will be there in a minute.”

“Okay.” Ryeowook smiled and kissed Yesung on the cheek before motioning to Sungmin to follow him.

The two headed out of the couple store, leaving Yesung and Kyuhyun alone together to talk.

“What is it?” Yesung asked.

“H-Huh?” Kyuhyun questioned, “W-what’s what…?”

“Why were you looking back at those shirts like that?”

“N-No reason…”

Yesung rolled his eyes, “You’re a terrible liar. You know that right?”

Kyuhyun stayed quiet.

Yesung pulled out his wallet and handed Kyuhyun a twenty dollar bill, “Get them for Sungmin and you.”

“W-Wha-”

“Kyuhyun, we both know that you like him, even if you don’t want to admit it. Even Ryeowook told me that you two look like you like each other. The looks you give him, their not ordinary looks you give someone.” Yesung said, “So get those shirts. I guarantee you that they’ll come in handy soon.”

Yesung gave Kyuhyun a small smile before heading out of the store and out to his car where Ryeowook and Sungmin were trying to stay warm. After a few moments, Kyuhyun finally came out to the car and he placed the things he bought in his trunk. All four of the boys sat in the car and headed to the next destination of their ‘just friends/date’. Lunch.

Yesung took the other three boys to a fancy restaurant, just a little ways out of town. It was quite expensive, but Yesung didn’t seem to mind the cost. He told everyone that he was paying for their meal, but Kyuhyun protested and said he would help pay. It was something they always ended up doing, fighting over who pays the bill. In the end, Ryeowook couldn’t stand their fighting anymore, so he paid instead.

“Ugh, Wookie!” Yesung complained.

“I don’t want to hear you two fight over something as stupid as a bill!” Ryeowook sassed his boyfriend.

“We’re best friends, it’s what we do.” Yesung replied, pouting a bit.

“Yeah!” Kyuhyun agreed.

All four of them laughed together. When their food finally came, everyone was so excited! Ryeowook had ordered a shake that had whipped cream on it. He decided to joke around and put someone Yesung’s cheek, then giggled. Yesung glared at him, then wrapped his arms around Ryeowook’s waist, bringing him closer. Yesung tilted his head to the side to look at his lover and the smaller boy in his arms looked up at Yesung. They shared a sweet smile before giving each other a small peck on the lips, making Ryeowook giggle.

Kyuhyun and Sungmin awkwardly shifted in their seats. Though what they didn’t know was that Ryeowook did that on purpose. He was thinking that if Kyuhyun and Sungmin saw how happy him and Yesung were together, maybe Kyuhyun would try to pull something on Sungmin, like putting his arm around him or something, but Kyuhyun didn’t do anything. So Ryeowook decided to try something else.

“Kyuhyun-ah, Sungmin-ssi, aren’t you two dating?” Ryeowook asked the two across the table.

“H-Huh?” Sungmin questioned as he looked at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun looked from Ryeowook to Yesung, shocked. ‘Did Yesung really tell him that!?’ Kyuhyun thought. Yesung gave him a slight nod, telling him to say yes.

“No, we’re-”

Kyuhyun covered Sungmin’s mouth, “Yes.”

Sungmin tried to yell, “What!?” But it came out muffled because Kyuhyun’s hand was still over his mouth.

Kyuhyun leaned toward Sungmin's ear and whispered, "Ryeowook thinks we are, so just go with it."

He removed his hand from Sungmin's mouth and Sungmin smiled at Ryeowook, saying, “Yup, we’re a happy couple.”

Ryeowook looked at the two and smiled in his victory. Of course Ryeowook knew that they weren’t dating, this was his and Yesung’s plan all along! But Kyuhyun and Sungmin didn’t need to know that…

Kyuhyun placed his arm around the top part of Sungmin’s chair and shyly looked anywhere else but their table. Lunch was very awkward for the both of them. But after lunch, things started to get a little better… Or so Kyuhyun thought…

The four decided that they should go out to see a movie, well, that’s what Ryeowook and Yesung decided while Kyuhyun and Sungmin had to still tag along. So that’s what they did. They bought their movie tickets and headed inside. It was some foregin romance movie. Something about two star-crossed lovers that die in the end. But while they were ‘watching’ the movie, Kyuhyun and Sungmin looked over at Ryeowook and Yesung who were kissing. Once again, they shifted awkwardly in their seats.

Sungmin leaned toward Kyuhyun and whispered, “Why does Ryeowook think we’re a couple?”

Kyuhyun replied, “I don’t know. I think Yesung told him that…”

Sungmin looked back at them, then went to turn his head back to say something else to Kyuhyun, but when he turned his head, his face was so close to Kyuhyun’s that their noses touched. The two boys froze like that, just staring at each other in the dim light that came from the movie. Neither of them moved away and they didn’t know why. Kyuhyun, staring into Sungmin’s big doe eyes felt like he was being pulled in by the smaller boy and he leaned closer. Sungmin didn’t move. The only thing he did was slowly shut his eyes and Kyuhyun did the same.

Before they knew it, their lips touched. It was Sungmin’s second kiss. Was it bad to say that he wanted it? Was it bad to say he enjoyed it? Those were also questions Kyuhyun had about himself. Kyuhyun slowly pulled away after a moment and studied Sungmin’s face. Sungmin opened his eyes and looked at the boy in front of him. He was sure that by now, he had fallen for Kyuhyun and he could admit that to himself, but not to Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun moved away a bit and looked around the room. His mind was spinning, he had so many questions running through his mind at that moment. He needed to get out for a minute and think.

Without saying a word, Kyuhyun stood up immedieatly and headed for the men’s restroom. It was the only place he could think of to get away for a moment. Though Sungmin felt hurt. He felt like Kyuhyun didn’t care and that’s why he ran off. ‘Kyuhyun,’ Sungmin thought, ‘If you don’t care, then why do you do this to me?’

Yesung noticed that Kyuhyun was gone. He looked at Ryeowook and Ryeowook nodded, telling him that he should go after Kyuhyun. With that, Yesung sood up and headed toward the men’s restroom. He walked toward the door and heard someone talking to themselves. It was definitely Kyuhyun.

“Aish!” He yelled, “What is wrong with me!?”

Yesung walked around the corner of the open door and saw Kyuhyun who was leaning over the sink with his head down in shame. Kyuhyun saw the two feet by the door and he looked up to see Yesung standing there. They said nothing, they just shared a look.

Kyuhyun looked away, toward the mirror in front of him, “I know what you’re about to say, ‘what the hell is wrong with you Kyuhyun!?’ but I’ll tell you what’s wrong with me, I twenty-five years old, I lost my grandmother a few days ago and my mother a few years ago, and I’m acting like everything in my life is fine! And you know what, it’s all Sungmin’s damn fault! I wish I hadn’t met him. I wish he was out of my life forever!”

Yesung rolled his eyes, but then heard someone outside the door sniffle. He went to look around the door and watched as Sungmin ran toward and out the entrance of the movie theatre. Sungmin hadn’t meant to eavesdrop, Ryeowook had tried to stop him from going to check on Kyuhyun, but Sungmin didn’t listen. He knew that Kyuhyun didn’t care about him, he felt used. He ran down the street, tears flowing from his eyes. Just when he thought someone cared, he was completely wrong.

Yesung looked back toward Kyuhyun and walked toward him angrily. He slapped Kyuhyun in the face, leaving a red mark.

“Why are you such an idiot!?” Yesung shouted.

Kyuhyun held his cheek and looked up at Yesung with cold eyes of hatred.

Yesung sighed, “Why can’t you just accept the fact that you’ve fallen for him and just tell him already instead of causing a big scene and breaking the poor boy’s heart!?”

Kyuhyun straightened himself up and walked around Yesung, toward the door, “I’m leaving.”

Yesung turned around and shouted to him, “Where are you going?”

“Back to Seoul!” Kyuhyun shouted as he walked out.

Yesung ran toward him and turned him around, “Woah, wait a minute! You’re moving again!?”

“Yes! I can’t take it anymore Yesung! I’m better off on my own, leaving this stupid town, leaving you, and espically leaving Sungmin!” Kyuhyun shouted angrily as he headed home.

When he finally reached his house, he looked at Sungmin’s house angrily and then headed inside his own house.

“Am I making the right decision?” He asked himself, “Halmeoni, Umma, Yesung…. Sungmin,



 

Mianhae