Day 11 - December 11th

31 Days Of December

Sungmin woke up and begged himself to not look out his bedroom window. If Kyuhyun was there, he probably didn’t want to see Sungmin… Sungmin sighed as he headed downstairs. He looked at the clock and saw that it was only ten o’clock. He decided to head out to the park early, or maybe just take a stroll around town, anything to get his mind away from Kyuhyun.

Sungmin grabbed his coat and then headed for the front door. He opened it was was about to start walking away when he saw something… Err, someone sitting on his porch, fast asleep. He recognized the boy in an instant, it was Kyuhyun!

“Kyuhyun!?” Sungmin asked, waking the other boy up.

“H-Huh?” Kyuhyun asked, then began to cough.

Sungmin helped him stand up and immediately brought him inside his house. Kyuhyun was limp and freezing. Sungmin made him stand and he placed his hands on Kyuhyun’s face, ice cold. Sungmin made the boy sit down by the fire. He then ran upstairs and grabbed two blankets that were on his bed and brought them back downstairs. He wrapped Kyuhyun up in the blankets and then ran to get him something warm to hold in his hands, preferably hot chocolate.

He made the hot chocolate as fast and as warm as he could, then made Kyuhyun hold the cup. Feeling Kyuhyun’s freezing hands and looking at his pale white face that was almost as white as the snow, he wondered why he was sitting outside, and for how long.

“Kyuhyun, how long were you outside!? What were you even doing out there!? Don’t you know how dangerous that was!” Sungmin checked Kyuhyun’s arms and everywhere else for and hints of frostbite, but thankfully he didn’t find any, “You scared me half to death! If I hadn’t walked outside and found you, you’d probably have frostbite, or worse, you’d be dead and do you know how that would make me feel!? I’d feel awful! You can’t just-”

Sungmin was cut off by Kyuhyun setting down the hot chocolate and hugging Sungmin.

“Please… P-Please d-don’t ever l-leave m-me ag-gain...” Kyuhyun said shivering.

Sungmin stayed motionless for a moment, just staring at the boy. This boy he possibly cared about, but didn’t want to admit, was sitting out in the snow, on his front porch, for god know’s how long, just waiting, for him. Sungmin had finally just realized that and he moved closer to Kyuhyun, wrapping his arms around him, keeping him warm.

“Y-You’re warm…” Kyuhyun said quietly.

“I know.” Sungmin replied, “But, why were you sleeping outside on my porch in the middle of the freezing winter?”

“I-I m-missed you…”

Sungmin looked down at the boy in his arms. Those three words, he’s never heard from anyone, but has always wanted to. Someone actually finally missed him. Him.

“I d-don’t want you t-to l-leave… Y-Yesung and I n-never d-dated bef-fore. H-He’s my b-best and o-only f-friend.” Kyuhyun added.

“W-What about me…?” Sungmin questioned, “I thought you didn’t w-want me around anymore.”

“I-I d-don’t w-want you S-Sungmin, I n-need you.”

At that response, Sungmin only hugged Kyuhyun closer, “I need you too…”

The two boys stayed together by the fire until Kyuhyun started to get warmer. Sungmin relaxed a bit feeling Kyuhyun’s now new warmth, though he felt the boy’s forehead. It wasn’t cold at all. It was actually burning up, and his face was still pretty pale. Kyuhyun coughed, worrying Sungmin.

“I knew this would happen…” Sungmin said, “Now you’re sick.”

“I-I’m f-fine..” Kyuhyun coughed again.

“No, you’re not. You’re sick.”

“I-I’m s-sor-”

“No. I don’t want you to be sorry. I just want you to stay at my house until you get better. Alright?” Sungmin said.

“Y-You d-don’t mind..?” Kyuhyun questioned.

“Not at all. I want to make sure you get better and I’m not letting you get better alone. After all, I feel as if this was somewhat my fault… I shouldn’t have left that note…”

“I-It’s not y-you’re fault…” Kyuhyun replied.

“Well it’s not yours either.”

“Then i-it’s neither of o-our f-faults.”

Sungmin giggled a bit, “Alright, well that settles that. Now, how about I go get some medicine from the cabinet to bring down your fever a bit. You just stay here by the fire and keep warm.”

Sungmin stood up and was ready to head toward his bathroom when Kyuhyun stopped him.

“Do y-you have a s-soulm-mate…?”

Sungmin stopped and turned around to look at him, “Huh? Soulmate?”

“Y-Yeah,” Kyuhyun continued, “S-Someone you l-love fore-ever. S-Someone who a-accepts you a-and believes in y-you when n-no one e-else will…”

Sungmin wasn’t sure how to answer, “W-Why do you ask… Do… You have one?”

 

 

Kyuhyun stared at the ground, “I… I think I might…”

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hi guys!! I left an authors note on Chapter 8, but I guess I made it too light and so it was hard to see. I didn’t bother fixing it, so I’ll just tell you what I said…
I went to state and the internet at the hotel
! So I couldn’t upload any chapters while I was there, so I got a little bit behind. I uploaded them all on Tuesday after I finished typing them, but I was still behind, I just finished chapter 9, 10, & 11. So, sorry I was late. It was because of state drama. I told you all that would happen, but from now on, I should be on track!(: (Also if anyone wants to know, I got first place out of 52 people for my comedic monologue! :D)

I want to thank you all for your patience and comments! I do too wish this was a drama I think it would be awesome!!(: I hope you all are enjoying this story!! Thankyu for all your feedback! I love hearing from all my readers!! And as always, Thankyu to all my Commenters, Readers, and Subscribers!! See you tomorrow(: