Day 21 - December 21st

31 Days Of December

*Knock, Knock, Knock*


 

Sungmin looked at the door, wondering who it was, before going to answer it. When he opened the door, he didn’t expect to see such a person standing there.

“Hiya.” Kyuhyun smiled.

“What are you doing here!?” Sungmin asked, “And how do you know where I live!?”

“I told you, I know you. Oh and I brought you cookies!” Kyuhyun said, “I’m not the greatest cook, so I hope their good.”

“That’s for sure.” Sungmin said.

Kyuhyun looked at him questioningly, “Excuse me?”

“I mean, they're probably poisoned.” Sungmin replied.

Kyuhyun smiled, “You know, that’s exactly what I told you when you made me cookies.”

Sungmin gave him a weird look, “Why would I ever make you cookies?”

“Because you’ve fallen for me.” Kyuhyun replied.

“What the...” Sungmin gave him an angry look, then slammed the door in his face.

“You told me before.” Kyuhyun said through the door.

Sungmin stopped, his back toward the door.

“The day of my grandmother’s funeral.” Kyuhyun continued, “You had made us hot chocolate and we sat wrapped up in a blanket by the fire. I told you that I need you and you replied with, ‘I need you too.’ I asked you why and you said,


 

‘I think I’m falling for you.’”


 

At the same time Kyuhyun had said those word, Sungmin had mouthed them. He remembers that. He stayed with his back against the door, not moving, not saying a word, only listening to Kyuhyun and what he has to say.

“You have to remember that, right?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin took a deep breath before opening the door again, “Anything I may or may not have said to you, please let it go. I didn’t mean it.”

Kyuhyun gave Sungmin a soft smile, “You also told me that you didn’t mean it when you said you didn’t want to kiss me. Remember that?”

The two stared at each other. Kyuhyun still smiling and Sungmin filled with sorrow.

“You do remember.” Kyuhyun said.

“Why do you keep saying that?” Sungmin questioned.

“Because, if I say it enough times, you finally will remember.”

“What makes you so sure?”

Kyuhyun smiled again, “My heart.”

Sungmin stared at the taller boy confused. Kyuhyun pulled out of his pocket, the glass snowflake. He had gone to his old house to see if he had left anything and he found the snowflake sitting graciously on the tree.

“Just like a snowflake, your heart never falls in the wrong place.”

Sungmin continued staring at Kyuhyun. The taller boy grabbed Sungmin’s hand and placed the snowflake in it, closing his fingers around it and without another word, Kyuhyun his heel and left. Sungmin stared at the boy as he walked away.

“You were so cold to me when we first met,” Sungmin said to himself, “And now that I have forgotten you, you are nice and I am the cold one. But if I’m being so cold, why don’t you just leave...? That’s right, you can’t because you’ve fallen in love with me and until you can finally admit it, I must continue forgetting you. I’m sorry Kyuhyun, but it’s what I must do.”


 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys! These next few chapters might be a little short, so sorry about that. They’ll get better and longer when it get’s a little bit closer to Christmas! You guys in the comments are really smart! You’re all correct, Sungmin is faking amnesia! So good job!! Haha(: Anyways, Thankyu to my Commenters, Readers, Subscribers, and Upvoters! It means a lot!!(: See you all tomorrow!(:

Random question: What did you guys wish for, for Christmas?