Day 3 - December 3rd

31 Days Of December

“Kyuhyunnie.”

“Yes Umma?”

“Do you know what they say about the first snowfall?”

“No, Umma.”

They say that the person you’re with during the first snowfall will be in your life forever.”

“So, Umma will be here forever?”

“I hope so.”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Excuse me, Lee Sungmin?” A man in a white coat asked while tapping a young boy on the shoulder, “Excuse me, sir?”

“H-huh?” Asked the smaller boy, slowly opening his eyes.

“Are you Lee Sungmin?” Asked the man.

“O-Oh? Y-Yes! Yes I am, how’s Kyuhyun?”

“He’s awake if you’d like to go see him.”

Sungmin nodded vigerously. Kyuhyun had fainted, so Sungmin brought him to the hospital. He had fallen asleep waiting for Kyuhyun to wake up, but it wasn’t until morning that he had awoken. The doctor showed Sungmin to Kyuhyun’s room. Sungmin bowed to the doctor, then entered the room.

“Kyuhyun?” He asked as he peered around the door.

When he saw the tall brown haired boy, he rushed to his side of the hospital bed and brought him into a bone crushing hug.

“Oh Kyuhyun, I’m so sorry, are you alright?” Sungmin asked.

“Sungmin?” Kyuhyun questioned, “Can you kindly get off me?”

Sungmin released his grip from Kyuhyun, “Oh… S-Sorry…”

Kyuhyun thought for a minute, “H-Halmeoni… Damn it, she was probably worried sick about me! She probably thinks something terrible happened to us! Come on, we have to get home.”

Kyuhyun stood up from the bed and Sungmin watched him.

Home?” Sungmin asked.

Kyuhyun looked at him like he was stupid, “Yes, home.” They both headed toward the door, until Kyuhyun understood what Sungmin mean, “I meant my home. So don’t get any ideas.”

Sungmin slowly nodded. They both headed to the front and Kyuhyun checked himself out of the hospital. They then headed toward Kyuhyun’s car and drove toward Kyuhyun’s house. They rushed inside and Kyuhyun looked for his grandmother.

“Halmeoni?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Kyu baby?”

Kyuhyun looked toward the upstairs where the old woman was calling him from, then ran upstairs with Sungmin following behind. They entered Kyuhyun’s grandmother’s room and saw that she was laying in her bed.

“Halmeoni!” Kyuhyun exclaimed.

He rushed toward the side of her bed and she gave him a weak smile.

“H-Halmeoni, I’m so sorry.” Kyuhyun said while holding the woman’s cold hand, “You were probably worried sick about me. I’m so sor-”

“I wasn’t.” She interrupted.

Kyuhyun stared at her wide eyed, “W-What?”

“I wasn’t worried about you Kyuhyunnie because I knew you had Sungmin by your side the whole time.”

Kyuhyun stared at the old woman with confused, yet sad eyes. The old woman let out a wicked cough, making Kyuhyun scared for her health.

“H-Halmeoni…”

“I… I’m fine Kyu baby… Can I… Talk to Sungmin for a moment, alone?” She asked looking at the smaller male.

Kyuhyun hesitated before standing and leaving the room. He quietly closed the door, then headed downstairs and paced the floorboards, while Sungmin and his grandmother were talking.

“Sungminnie dear, come sit down.” She said as she patted the chair next to her bed.

Sungmin nodded and sat down next to the old woman’s bed.

She reached for Sungmin’s hand and held it tight, “Now, as you can see, my old body is not going to make it much longer, I can feel it.”

Sungmin slowly nodded, telling her to go on.

“When I’m gone, I want you to take care of my little Kyuhyunnie.” She said weakly, “Can you do that for me?”

Sungmin nodded, “Neh, ajumma. I’ll do my best.”

Kyuhyun’s grandmother slightly smiled at him and Sungmin returned the smile.

Kyuhyun was now sitting on the couch while wondering what the two were talking about, until Sungmin came out of her bedroom and down the stairs.

“W-What did she say to you?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin only smiled before replying, “I think we should finish cutting the tree.”

Kyuhyun watched as Sungmin walked toward and out of the front door. He stared at the door confused before slowly walking toward it and heading outside to his car.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

 

When the two had arrived home again at about five o’clock from cutting the tree. Sungmin helped Kyuhyun set it up in the corner of his living room. They decorated the house for awhile and then decided to take a break. Kyuhyun had suggested that they should sit down and he would make them dinner which Sungmin agreed. Kyuhyun looked inside the fridge for something he could make them, but couldn’t find anything. He looked through all the cupboards and the only thing he found was some leftover kimchi, but Kyuhyun didn’t feel in the mood for it. He continued looking, but couldn’t find anything. Even if he did find something, he wasn’t the best cook… He looked at Sungmin worriedly.

“What’s the matter?” Sungmin asked.

“I um… I don’t know what you like…” Kyuhyun said, “I can… Make us a sandwich… I guess..”

“Do you not know how to cook?” Sungmin asked.

“Well, it’s not that I don’t know how to cook… I just… Can’t…” He replied.

Sungmin giggled, “Well I can help you.”

Kyuhyun looked over at Sungmin who was smiling.

“Hang on, I have something we can cook.” Sungmin stood up and headed out of the kitchen, “I’ll be right back!”

Kyuhyun heard the front door close and he wondered where Sungmin went. After a minute or so, he heard the front door open again and Sungmin came walking into the kitchen with a bag. He placed the bag on the counter and Kyuhyun looked over Sungmin’s shoulder. The smaller boy noticed and looked back at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun just looked away.

Sungmin smiled and took out some beef, “I hope you like beef teriyaki.”

“I’ve never had it before.” Kyuhyun replied.

“What!?” Sungmin exclaimed, “It was my favorite dish when I went to Japan last year!”

Kyuhyun looked Sungmin up and down. Sungmin didn’t seem like the one who would travel.

“Are you gonna help me, or are you just going to check me out all day?” Sungmin asked making Kyuhyun surprised.

Without a word, Kyuhyun did as Sungmin instructed and within an hour or so, their food was finished. Sungmin sat down to eat while Kyuhyun brought his grandmother a plate, happily explaining that he ‘cooked it himself’. His grandmother thanked him and bid him a good night also, before he headed back downstairs. Kyuhyun sat across the table from Sungmin and picked up his chopsticks. He took his first bite, then closed his eyes and moaned in ecstasy.

“Is it good?” Sungmin asked.

Kyuhyun only responded with a nod, his eyes still closed. Sungmin laughed and the two continued eating. Kyuhyun took bite after bite, savoring the flavor. Sungmin giggled making Kyuhyun stop his chopsticks midway to his mouth.

“What?” He asked with a mouthful of food in his mouth, “Do I have something on my face?”

Sungmin smiled and nodded. Kyuhyun wiped his mouth, then looked at his hand, but there was no sauce stain on his hand. He looked at Sungmin confused. Sungmin rolled his eyes and grabbed his napkin, leaned over the table and brought the napkin toward Kyuhyun’s face, wiping it.

Kyuhyun stared at the other’s face and was shocked because of the closeness. Sungmin was so close to the other and he didn’t do anything to move him away. He stared at the features of the smaller male. His ‘M’ shaped lips, perfect jaw line and complexion, his beautiful black hair that fell perfectly on his face, and his big foxy brown eyes. How had Kyuhyun not noticed the other’s eye color yet? Sungmin noticed Kyuhyun staring at him and stopped what he was doing to look into Kyuhyun’s brown orbs.

Sungmin noticed their closeness and slowly drew back, “I… I-I got it…”

Kyuhyun came back to real life and slowly nodded, still not taking his eyes off the other.

Sungmin, who was now blushing, quickly said, “W-Where’s your r-restroom…?”

Without his eyes leaving the boy, Kyuhyun pointed in the direction of the bathroom. Sungmin quickly stood and bowed before rushing off toward the bathroom. He walked inside and closed the door behind him, leaning against it. Sungmin placed his hand over his heart and felt how fast it was beating. Little did he know,



 

Kyuhyun was doing the same.



 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: 22 Subscribers already! Thank you all so much!! But I’m leaving for state drama tomorrow and I’m not sure if I’ll have time to update. I will try my hardest to get the updates in on time, but I can’t guarantee it… I’m going to be very busy, so I hope you understand if I can’t get them in. If I can’t, I will upload them all when I get back on Saturday/Sunday! Thankyu to all my Commenters, Readers, and Subscribers!(: