Day 15 - December 15th

31 Days Of December

Sungmin didn’t want to forget Kyuhyun. He couldn’t. Kyuhyun had stained his heart with love and he couldn’t just forget the boy now. Sungmin loved him, but his love had left and now what could he do?

Yesung headed to Kyuhyun’s house to see if the boy was okay, but was shocked to find that he actually did leave. He ran toward Sungmin’s house and banged on the door and Sungmin answered, eyes red and cheeks puffy.

“O-Oh… Y-Yesung…” Sungmin wiped his tears, “W-What are y-you doing h-here…?”

“Where’s Kyuhyun?” Yesung asked.

Upon hearing his name, Sungmin cried harder. He covered his face with his hands and just cried in front of Yesung. Yesung felt bad for Sungmin, so he hugged him tightly.

“H-He m-moved!” Sungmin cried, “B-Because of m-me!!”

Yesung rubbed Sungmin’s back, trying to calm him down, “Shh, it’s not your fault Sungmin. Kyuhyun is just a self centered bastard who needs to listen to his heart.”

Sungmin pulled away from their hug and looked at Yesung, “H-Huh…?”

Yesung sighed and closed Sungmin’s door. He walked toward the couch and sat down and Sungmin followed him, sitting across from Yesung.

“Kyuhyun…” Yesung started, “He’s in love.”

Sungmin sniffled and looked at Yesung confused, “W-With w-who?”

Yesung sighed, “Sungmin, you’re so innocent….”

Sungmin blinked a few times.

“It’s you.”

“W-What?”

“Kyuhyun’s in love with you, but he doesn’t know how to admit to his feelings.” Yesung said, “And I know you’re in love with him. It’s written in your eyes.”

“I-I do… I love him…” Sungmin thought for a moment, “B-But w-what am I s-supposed to d-do n-now?”

Yesung thought for a moment, “I have an idea…”


 

________________________________________________________________________________________


 

 

So maybe it was his dumbest decision, but maybe it was his best, Kyuhyun didn’t know. The only thing he knew is that he could start a new life in his old hometown. No annoying neighbors to bother him. Kyuhyun was happy. Or... Was he?

He looked up at his new house in Seoul and sighed. It was definitely a much more roomy place to live. Kyuhyun could get used to it fast. He started to bring his boxes inside, then began to unpack them, all by himself.


 

*Knock, Knock, Knock*


 

Huh? Someone was knocking at the door. His door… Who could it be though? Kyuhyun sighed and went to open the door.

“Hi there!” A boy with short brown hair said, “I’m Lee Donghae!”

Kyuhyun blinked a few times.

The boy held out his hand, “I’m your neighbor!”


 

“I’m your neighbor, Lee Sungmin.”

Kyuhyun shook the other’s hand, “Cho Kyuhyun.”

“Nice too meet you!”


 

Kyuhyun stared at the boy wide eyed. Then quickly shut the door in the boys face. He leaned against the door. No way was he going to let this happen again… He couldn’t! But then again, his mother would be mad at him for being so rude to another person…

Kyuhyun took a deep breath before opening the door again, “Cho Kyuhyun.”

Donghae stared at Kyuhyun confused, “O-Oh, nice to meet you! Well, I just thought it’s nice to have a new neighbor! No one’s ever moved into this house, so you’re like the chosen one or something….”

Kyuhyun stared at the boy confused, “O-Okay…? Well, I have a lot of things to unpack, so I have to-”

“Oh! I can help you with that!” The boy said, barging into Kyuhyun’s new house all by himself.

Kyuhyun blinked a few times at the boy. Is he crazy?

“I-It’s fine, I can do it b-by myself.” Kyuhyun reassured.

“No! I insist! I love helping people!” Donghae replied.

Kyuhyun looked at Donghae who was practically begging him.

He sighed, “Fine.”

Donghae cheered, “Yay!”

Donghae helped Kyuhyun unpack most of his boxes. Donghae kept talking too Kyuhyun about how cool it is to now have a new neighbor, but Kyuhyun didn’t really pay attention to any of it, he just continued unpacking.

“Hey, don’t you have a Christmas Tree?” Donghae suddenly asked.

Kyuhyun stopped what he was doing, "N-No. I hate Christmas."

"What are you? The Grinch? How do you hate Christmas? Its the best holiday! All the beautiful colorful lights, the cute little decorations, the shining angel on top of the Christmas tree. You should definitely decorate for Christmas!” Donghae said.

Kyuhyun stood up, dropping whatever item was in his hand, he pointed to the door, “Get out.”

“W-What?” Donghae asked.

“I need to be alone. Please just.. Get out.” Kyuhyun replied.

Donghae felt bad, but he placed what he was holding, back in one of the boxes and headed toward the front door, “I-I’m s-sor-”

Kyuhyun closed the door on him again. He sighed and headed into his new bedroom. His new house had only one floor and his bedroom was down the hall from the kitchen. He laid on his stomach on his bed and looked out the window at the falling snowflakes.



 

“It’s snowing. It’s the first snowfall of the year! And you know what they say about the first snowfall?”

Kyuhyun stopped looking around and looked at Sungmin, “No…”

Sungmin rolled his eyes, “They say that the person you’re with during the first snowfall will be in your life forever.”

The two stared at each other in silence.

“Do you believe in it?” Sungmin asked, “Because I do.”



 

Kyuhyun watched the snowflakes as they fell onto his glass window. He needs to forget Sungmin. That’s his past life and he needs to start a new one, without Sungmin, or anyone.



 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys, I know, I’m sad about Kyuhyun’s leaving. He’s a moron in this story. :P But there’s still 16 more days of December which means 16 more chapters to look forward to! So I hope you all continue to stick around!(: Thankyu to my Commenters, Readers, Subscribers, and Upvoters!(: Have a glorious day and I’ll see you all tomorrow!!(: