Day 24 - December 24th

31 Days Of December

Sungmin looked at the date on the calendar for about the twelfth time today and smiled, December 24th. It’s Christmas Eve. Sungmin just couldn’t wait for Christmas. It’s his favorite holiday. The holiday isn’t about presents, it’s about being with the people you love. But the only person he loves hasn’t shown up yet.

Sungmin peaked out his window but couldn’t find Kyuhyun standing anywhere. He sighed and walked away from the window. That’s another thing Sungmin did to Kyuhyun, stayed home and ignored Kyuhyun after Kyuhyun had yelled at him. Sungmin hoped that this wasn’t Kyuhyun’s new plan for today. He sighed and sat down on the couch sadly. He hasn’t seen Kyuhyun all day. It’s already seven o’clock PM, where could he be?


 

*Knock, Knock, Knock*


 

Sungmin looked at the door happily. Kyuhyun had finally come! But when he opened the door, it wasn’t Kyuhyun at all.

“Merry Christmas Eve!” Said the two people at the door.

“Yesung, Ryeowook, nice to see you two! Merry Christmas Eve, come in.” Sungmin said with a bit of a smile on his face.

The two lovers entered Sungmin’s house and began with one question.

“Do you remember Kyuhyun yet?”

Sungmin shook his head, “N-No… I don’t.”

The two lovers looked at each other sadly.

“It’s no hope.” Ryeowook said sadly, “He’ll never remember Kyuhyun.”

“Do you like him?” Yesung asked.

Sungmin thought for a moment before replying, “No.”

The two boys saw no hope for Sungmin and Kyuhyun ever being together, but Sungmin definitely saw hope. He knew that Kyuhyun had to give in at some point and finally confess his feelings, he just wishes it would be soon. Kyuhyun also has hope. Kyuhyun feels he can definitely make Sungmin remember him and tonight, he had the perfect plan and the perfect people to help him.

Yesung sighed, “Well, Ryeowook and I are going out to watch a play together and Kyuhyun told us he couldn’t come for some reason, so would you like to join us?”

Sungmin felt sad on the inside that Kyuhyun wasn’t coming along, but he accepted the invitation anyways. Ryeowook and Yesung smiled and all three of them headed out to the car. When the three had drove off, they didn’t know someone was just waiting for them to leave until he could strike. Kyuhyun ran from his old house over to Sungmin’s and opened the door, beginning his plan.

Yesung, Ryeowook, and Sungmin went out to the theatre that was downtown and watched a live performance of the Nutcracker. They all enjoyed the dancing and classical music of the ballet.

“I don’t know how people play those instruments for two hours long…” Sungmin said as the three exited the theatre.

“Me either.” Ryeowook said.

“So it’s already nine o’clock, how about we take Sungmin here home?” Yesung suggested.

Sungmin nodded. They dropped Sungmin off at his house and bid him a Merry Christmas Eve. Sungmin walked toward his front door and sighed, here he is, December 24th, nine o’clock PM, finally Christmas Eve and he was alone. No sight of Kyuhyun all day. ‘Maybe he has given up and gone back to Seoul.’ Sungmin thought. He sighed before walking inside and getting the greatest shock of his life.

Right there, in the middle of his living room floor, near the fireplace, was a dining table, all set up, ready for someone to eat. Christmas bows, decorations, and lights were hung all around the fireplace, the staircase, everywhere! Sungmin’s jaw dropped, who could have done this?

“Ah, Mr. Lee.” A man in a suit said, “I’m Kim Heechul and I’ll be your butler. If you need anything, you can count on me.”

Sungmin starred in awe at the man, too speechless to say anything.

“Master Kyuhyun, your date has arrived.” Heechul called to Kyuhyun, “Master Kyuhyun?”

Kyuhyun didn’t answer. He was in the washroom, afraid to come out. What if Sungmin hates him even more after this? He couldn’t do it. Maybe he should just forfeit everything now.

“Please excuse me for a moment.” Heechul said and stormed off toward the washroom, cursing under his breath.

Heechul entered the bathroom and gave Kyuhyun an angry look.

“... Hi…” Kyuhyun said.

HI!? WHAT ARE YOU-

Kyuhyun covered his mouth, “Shhh!”

Heechul removed Kyuhyun’s hand and straighten himself out, “What are you doing in here? Sungmin’s out there waiting for you.”

“I can’t do this Heechul. What if he thinks everything is too sudden and hates me, then leaves like I did?” Kyuhyun asked scared.

Heechul slapped him, “Look, I did not drive forty-eight minutes to get here, dress up as a damn butler, and call you master, for nothing! Now get your out there and have a nice date!”

Heechul pushed Kyuhyun out the door and Kyuhyun landed on his . Sungmin looked over at him confused. Kyuhyun looked up and made eye contact with the smaller male. Heechul pulled him up from the back, making him quickly stumble to his feet. He brushed himself off, then walked toward Sungmin, Heechul following behind him.

Sungmin stared agape at Kyuhyun. The taller boy’s hair was slicked back neatly and he was wearing a nice suit that looked very expensive to Sungmin. His entire house looked expensive! He wondered how much Kyuhyun had spent on all of this.

Kyuhyun bowed, then reached his shaking hand toward Sungmin, “S-Shall w-we?”

Sungmin blinked a few times before finally coming back to life. Sungmin slowly took a hold of Kyuhyun’s hand and Kyuhyun lead them both toward the table. Sungmin took off his jacket and Kyuhyun took it from him. He handed it to Heechul who placed the jacket on the coat rack. Kyuhyun pulled out Sungmin’s chair and Sungmin slowly sat down. Kyuhyun walked around the table and sat across from Sungmin.

“What… What is all of this?” Were Sungmin’s first words.

Kyuhyun gave him a soft smile, “Our Christmas Eve dinner.”

Sungmin looked at him confused.

“I promised you that we’d spend Christmas together. That includes Christmas Eve.”

Sungmin slowly nodded, then looked around the room again. There was Christmas decorations and lights everywhere. Kyuhyun had even set up a tree. This entire thing cost Kyuhyun about a thousand dollars, some of it being because of Heechul. Heechul made him pay to be his butler and also charged him more to call Kyuhyun, ‘master’.

Hangeng was also here. He was making the dinner for both of them. When their dinner was finished, Hangeng brought it out to the table. He served the best, most expensive steak, filet mignon. Sungmin was really very impressed with all of this.

“Kyuhyun, how did you do all this?” Sungmin asked as Hangeng was placing their food on the table.

Kyuhyun smiled, “I’m awesome.”

Sungmin silently giggled, then thanked the ‘chef’ for the food. Hangeng bowed ninety degrees before heading back into the kitchen where him and Heechul were about to eat also. Kyuhyun was already eating happily while Sungmin continued staring at the delicious meal in front of him. He had never seen food so beautiful before. He hesitated to pick up his knife and fork before cut the yummy steak. He placed a bite in his mouth and went straight to heaven. He closed his eyes in ecstasy, savoring every little bite of the food. Kyuhyun silently chuckled at him.

“Is it good?” Kyuhyun questioned.

Sungmin nodded, “This is the best thing I’ve ever eaten.”

“Better than beef teriyaki?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Much.” Sungmin replied.

Kyuhyun chuckled again and the two continued eating until there wasn’t even a crumb on their plates. With their bellies full and satisfied, Kyuhyun stood up from the table. He walked around the table and stood in front of Sungmin, holding his hand out toward the other.

“Come with me.” Kyuhyun said.

Sungmin hesitated, but placed his hand in Kyuhyun’s and stood up. Kyuhyun lead Sungmin outside. On the railing of the porch, there were two shining lanterns. Heechul had put them there after the two were happily eating. Kyuhyun brought Sungmin closer to them and picked them up, giving one to Sungmin. It was getting close to midnight, the time Kyuhyun really wanted his plan to take off. He was ready, no backing down. He could do this.

“These are floating lanterns.” Kyuhyun said.

“They’re pretty,” Sungmin replied, “But what about them?”

“I’ve been told that if you and someone else release them into the sky, you’ll be with each other forever.”

“But isn’t that what the first snowfall is for?” Sungmin questioned.

Kyuhyun nodded, “Yes, but in the first snowfall, you could be with anyone. The lanterns are only for lovers.”

“Lovers?” Sungmin asked, “But I’ve only just met you.”

“You haven’t though. I’ve done all I can to try to make you remember me and I can see it in your eyes Sungmin. You know who I am.” Kyuhyun said.

Sungmin said nothing. Kyuhyun looked into his eyes, but Sungmin only looked away.

“See, you’re turning your head because you don’t want me to find out the truth.” Kyuhyun said, “Well I’ve been hiding truth from you also for a long time and if you won’t tell me your truth, then I’ll tell you mine first.”

Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun confused.

“Sungmin,” Just as Kyuhyun planned, the clock had struck midnight, “I love you.”


 

________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Merry Christmas Eve guys! I know I left you all with a cliffhanger, so now you’ll all have to wait till tomorrow to know what happens! MWAHAHAHAAHAHAH *cough* *cough* Ugh.. Hairball. xD …. Anyways, Thankyu to my Commenters, Readers, Subscribers, and Upvoters!! You guys are the best! you make me smile everyday!(: See you tomorrow on Christmas Day! :D