Day 26 - December 26th

31 Days Of December

Kyuhyun and Sungmin woke up in each others arms. Sungmin snuggled closer to his new lover and smiled.

"Good morning my love." Kyuhyun said.

Sungmin sighed happily, “Good morning."

Sungmin tried to get up, but Kyuhyun flipped their positions and was now on top of Sungmin. He smirked at the other, making Sungmin blush.

“Yah, let’s get up.” Sungmin giggled.

Kyuhyun shook his head.

“No?” Sungmin asked.

Kyuhyun nodded.

Sungmin wined, “Kyu…”

Kyuhyun laughed a bit and kissed the other.

“Eww! Morning breath!” Sungmin hit Kyuhyun’s chest.

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and quickly kissed Sungmin again before jumping out of bed and running downstairs. Sungmin chased after him with a pillow. They ran around the house until they were stopped by a knock on the door. The two looked at each other, then laughed before heading toward the front door and opening it.

“Hey Sungm-”

It was Yesung and Ryeowook.

“Kyuhyun?” They asked simultaneously. They looked at each other and thought for a moment before smiling, “KYUHYUN!!

They immediately hugged Sungmin.

“Sungmin!” Ryeowook started.

“You remember him!?” Yesung finished.

Sungmin laughed, “Guys, I faked amnesia.”

“What? Why!?” They both asked at the same time.

“Because-”

“I was an idiot and didn’t know how to tell him my true feelings.” Kyuhyun interrupted.

Yesung blinked a few times, “So… You two are….”

Kyuhyun nodded while Sungmin hugged him from the side.
FINALLY!!!!” Ryeowook yelled.

All four of the boys laughed.

“So,” Sungmin said, “There’s a reason you guys are here I’m guessing?”

Ryeowook nodded, “Yeah, I made you guys cookies!”

They all smiled and laughed again. Kyuhyun and Sungmin brought them inside and they all sat down at the dining table. Sungmin made them all hot chocolate and then sat next to Kyuhyun.

“I hope you guys like them…” Ryeowook pursed his lips into a pout, “I can always make new ones if you don’t…”

Yesung kissed his lover’s cheek, “Awh, isn’t he just the cutest?”

“No. My Minnie is cuter.” Kyuhyun argued.

Yesung glared at Kyuhyun, “Oh really?”

Kyuhyun nodded, “Of course. Who else acts this innocent and cute?”

“My Wookie does.” Yesung fought.

“He’s not cuter than my Ming!”

“Yes he is!”

“No he isn’t!”

“Yes he is!”

“No he isn’t!”

Ryeowook and Sungmin rolled their eyes at the two that were fighting. Sungmin mouthed the word to Ryeowook, ‘Do you wanna go talk outside?’ Ryeowook nodded and the two headed outside, sighing.

“Those two are something else…” Sungmin said.

“Yup.” Ryeowook agreed.

The two laughed.

“So, you wanted to talk?” Ryeowook asked.

Sungmin slowly walked toward the railing and leaned against it, quietly saying, “Yeah…”

Ryeowook looked at the other boy a bit confused, “About what?”

Sungmin sighed, “Well, I… I-I’m scared…”

“Scared?” Ryeowook asked, “Of what?”

Sungmin turned around, “Everything!”

Ryeowook stared at Sungmin confused.

“All my life I’ve been shut out by everyone. But Kyuhyun… Kyuhyun is different…” Sungmin said.

“How so?” Ryeowook asked.

“He’s nice and sweet. He’s the first person who actually understands me and accepts me for who I am.” Sungmin smiled.

“Well, why are you scared?”

Sungmin sighed, “I’m afraid of being left again. I’m scared he’ll break my heart and tell me he doesn’t love me anymore…”

“Sungmin, you don’t need to be afraid of that! I’ve known Kyuhyun for about six years or so. He’s not like that. He needs you just as much as you need him. He loves you Sungmin.” Ryeowook reassured.

“Yeah, but for how long?” Sungmin turned his back to Ryeowook, “What if it doesn’t last? I can’t take another heartache…”

Ryeowook smiled a bit, “You know, that is exactly what Kyuhyun had told Yesung and I awhile back.”

“W-What?” Sungmin turned around again.

Ryeowook nodded, “He wouldn’t hurt you Sungmin.”

“But how do you know that?” Sungmin sat down on the steps of his porch sadly and pulled his knees closer to him, “How do I know that…?”

Ryeowook leaned down next to Sungmin and rubbed his back, “Time is the only way to know.”

Sungmin looked up at Ryeowook who only smiled softly. Suddenly the door opened and out came the one person Sungmin needed most, Kyuhyun. Ryeowook looked up at Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun nudged his head, asking Ryeowook to leave them alone for a minute. Ryeowook nodded and headed back inside to be with Yesung.

Kyuhyun looked down at Sungmin. The smaller boy only looked away sadly.

Kyuhyun huffed and looked at his breath as it hit the air, “Can you believe it? Only five more days of December. This sure has been a crazy month.”

Sungmin was listening, but still stayed sitting on the porch steps, looking at the snow sadly.

Kyuhyun decided to continue, “First I move into a new house, then I meet a crazy neighbor who claims to have fallen for me. Then my… Grandmother d-dies… And awhile after that, I steal the first kiss of that same crazy neighbor. And then my life turns sad… I start to gain feelings for this neighbor, but I get scared of being hurt again, so I try to hide my feelings by running away and hiding, but it only makes things worse. I continue to get reminded of that crazy neighbor I fell so deeply in love with. So I come back and he claims to have forgotten me, but that doesn’t stop me. I eventually confess and he tells me he never forgot me. He sure is a crazy neighbor, huh?”

Sungmin looked up at Kyuhyun confused and a bit angry.

“But he’s also a lot like me.” Kyuhyun smiled and sat next to Sungmin, “He has a hard past just like me. He has had doors slammed in his face his whole life, just like me. But most of all… He’s scared. Just like me.”

Sungmin stared into Kyuhyun’s eyes.

Kyuhyun grabbed Sungmin’s hand and continued again, “I know you’re scared because of everything you’ve been through. If you couldn’t tell, I’m frightened also. So we can take this one step at a time if that helps... I know how hard it is to trust someone when you’ve been misunderstood you’re whole life. That’s how I felt with you. But now I know I can trust you and I want you to be able to trust me. Now that we’re together, we can be treated like we should. I won’t ever give up on you, so don’t you give up on me and run away like I did, because I will find you and make things right if you do.”

Sungmin blinked a few times, “I won’t. You know, I heard someone once say to keep your eyes on the prize...”

Kyuhyun looked at him confused.

“And I have my eyes set only on you.” Sungmin finished.

Kyuhyun chuckled a bit and pulled Sungmin closer to him, “Gosh I love you.”

Sungmin smiled and leaned his head on Kyuhyun shoulder, “I love you too.”

“Hey you two love birds!” Yesung opened the door, “Get in here, Ryeowook didn’t make these cookies for nothing!”

Kyuhyun laughed before standing up and holding his hands out to Sungmin. Sungmin grabbed his hands and Kyuhyun pulled him up, then kissed his forehead before they headed inside again, happily.