Day 5 - December 5th

31 Days Of December

    “NO!” There came a earsplitting scream from the Cho household.

    The boy with the name of Lee Sungmin was standing at the front door of the Cho’s place, arm raised, ready to knock, when he heard the scream. He knew that the voice was none other than Cho Kyuhyun’s. He quickly opened the door, without an invitation, and looked around.

    “Kyuhyun!?” Sungmin worriedly asked the empty living room.

    He heard another small scream, then saw Kyuhyun stumble backwards out of his grandmothers room. Kyuhyun took a few steps back and was close to the edge of the stairs. Sungmin noticed and rushed up the stairs and caught the taller boy before he fell. Sungmin turned Kyuhyun toward him and saw that he had tears streaming down his face.

    This shocked Sungmin, “Kyuhyun!? What’s wrong!?”

    Kyuhyun said nothing. He simply threw his arms around Sungmin and drenched the smaller boy’s shirt with his tears.

    “K-Kyuhyun…” Sungmin said quietly, “T-Tell me what’s w-wrong.”

    Kyuhyun slowly pulled away, still crying he looked Sungmin straight in the eyes and said, “She… She’s d-dead.”

    Sungmin’s eyes widened and Kyuhyun hugged him tightly again, crying more than ever. Still in shock, a tear rolled down Sungmin’s face.



____________________________________________________________________________________



    Kyuhyun and Sungmin stood in each other’s embrace as they watched the paramedics take Kyuhyun’s grandmother’s body out on a stretcher. Kyuhyun’s eyes got watery again as he watched them bring her by. He buried his face into Sungmin’s shoulder and cried.

    One of the paramedics approached the two and asked, “Kyuhyun?”

    Kyuhyun picked up his head and sniffled a bit, “Y-Yes..?”

    “I’m very sorry for your loss.” He said, “Please, take care.”

    Kyuhyun nodded slowly with tears still coming from his eyes. The paramedics left the house while Kyuhyun and Sungmin stayed in their tight embrace, the only sounds being heard through the whole house was Kyuhyun’s quiet sobs.

    Sungmin guided Kyuhyun to the couch and they sat down. Sungmin held the taller boy close to him and comforted him the best he could. He played with Kyuhyun’s hair carefully and felt Kyuhyun relax a bit under his touch. Soon he heard Kyuhyun snoring a bit. Sungmin sighed at the sight of the sleeping boy and whispered, “Don’t worry Kyuhyun, I’ll keep you safe from now on.”