Day 7 - December 7th

31 Days Of December

    Sungmin had gone home after making sure Kyuhyun was comfortably sleeping in his bed. It didn’t feel right for Sungmin to be staying at Kyuhyun’s house. He did care for Kyuhyun, but he felt as if he was caring too much. Especially after yesterday.

   

    The kiss.


    He felt that after all of that happened, Kyuhyun began to hate him. Or if Kyuhyun didn’t hate him now, he would hate him later. Sungmin knows that he promised to never leave Kyuhyun and he’s keeping his promise, he just feels that if he doesn’t back off a bit, Kyuhyun will hate him forever and tell him that he never wants to see him again.


    Just like his parents.



______________________________________________________________________________________



    Kyuhyun woke up to the nine o’clock glow from the snow outside. He sat up and smiled. It was a new day and he was ready to go and talk with his grandmother and- then he realized, she’s gone. He took a deep breath and then released it. He didn’t want to start crying right now. Not at the moment. He had just woken up.

    He sighed before walking downstairs and into the kitchen. He made himself some coffee, then went to sit down on the couch. He looked at the opposite side of the couch and remembered yesterday.



    “My first kiss…”

Kyuhyun stared at the boy wide eyed, “W-Wha- Why didn’t you tell me that!? I-It shouldn’t have been m-me!”

Sungmin slightly giggled, “No it shouldn’t have been.”

Kyuhyun looked at him with confusion and a bit of anger.

Sungmin only smiled, “It had to be you.”



    It had to be him.


Those words, Kyuhyun wondered what he meant. He looked away from the armrest of the couch and stood up. He looked at the clock and then toward the door. Where was Sungmin and why hasn’t he come to see Kyuhyun yet?

Kyuhyun sighed before walking upstairs and taking a peek out his window, toward the other boys house. Sungmin’s curtains were closed. ‘Is he still sleeping?’ Kyuhyun wondered. Before Kyuhyun knew it, a whole hour had passed, then another, and another and soon it was already tweleve o’clock. Did Sungmin hate him? Was the kiss too much? After all it was Sungmin’s first kiss, and Kyuhyun stole it.

Kyuhyun paced the floorboards and Sungmin did the same. The same questions flooding both their minds. ‘Why do I even want him around?’ and ‘Why do I keep thinking about him?’ While Sungmin was still pondering the thoughts, Kyuhyun came to his own stupid conclusion that Sungmin hated him and was never going to talk to him again. It’s a stupid conclusion that has no proof.

Actually, Sungmin didn’t hate him at all. Sungmin was hoping that Kyuhyun didn’t hate him and would come to his house instead. Both boys continued pacing around, hoping the other would come over, hoping they didn’t hate each other.

By the time it was five o’clock, Kyuhyun had, had enough. He walked out his front door and stompped toward Sungmin’s house, but he was stopped halfway. To his surprise, Sungmin couldn’t wait any longer either.


They stopped.


They stared.


They spoke, “I’m sorry.”


    They walked closer to each other.

   

“Y-You first.” Kyuhyun said.

“I… I-I’m sorry Kyuhyun,” Sungmin started, “I s-shouldn’t have k-kissed you like that. It was stupid of me and I-I didn’t even want to and-”

Sungmin stopped. He looked at Kyuhyun. The taller boy had a broken look on his face.

“K-Kyuhy-”

“N-No. Just… J-Just forget it. I mean, you’re right, it was just a kiss. It didn’t mean anything…” Kyuhyun replied.

“Kyu…” Sungmin’s voice trailed off.

Kyuhyun looked away from the smaller boy and mumbled, “G-Good night.”

Sungmin watched as Kyuhyun slowly walked back toward his house and closed the door behind him, only taking a small glance back.

Kyuhyun walked inside and sat on his couch, hugging his knees close to his chest, a small tear fell from his eyes. Kyuhyun didn’t wan’t to admit it, but that kiss actually did mean something to him.


Trust.


But now, he didn’t know what to do...