Day 28 - December 28th

31 Days Of December

*Knock, Knock, Knock*


 

The door slowly opened, “Oh Kyuhyun, hey! come in!”

Kyuhyun entered the house of his very best friend’s boyfriend, Ryeowook. Ryeowook lead the taller male to the couch and they both sat down.

“How are you?” Ryeowook asked.

“I’m good. Look, is Yesung here? I need to talk to him about something…” Kyuhyun said.

Ryeowook shook his head, “No, he’s not. He’s at college remember? He started two weeks ago.”

“Oh yeah… I guess I forgot that…” Kyuhyun replied, “But isn’t it the weekend?”

Ryeowook nodded, “Yeah, but he had a test he had to take. He should be back home at about five o’clock tonight.”

Kyuhyun groaned, “Ugh I can’t wait that long!”

Ryeowook looked at the other confused, “Why? Is there something wrong with you and Sungmin? You still love him right?”

“What!? Of course I still love him! That would never change!” Kyuhyun defended.

Ryeowook smiled, “Good! Then… What’s the problem?”

“Well, Sungmin’s birthday is coming up in four days and… Well I have a few ideas but I’m not completely sure what to do exactly…” Kyuhyun said, “Sungmin doesn’t want me doing anything, but it’s his birthday! I have to!”

Ryeowook thought for a moment, “Well if he doesn’t want you to do anything, I wouldn’t. You’d probably make him mad…”

“Oh please, he’s my boyfriend! I need to do something for his birthday whether he likes it or not!” Kyuhyun stood up.

“Well I remember one year, I told Yesung that I didn’t want him to do anything for my birthday and instead of listening to me, he threw a huge party. I didn’t talk to him for the rest of the night…” Ryeowook looked up at Kyuhyun.

“Nah, Sungmin wouldn’t do that. Now I just need you to tell me if this idea is good. Okay, so I go out and-”

“Actually Kyuhyun, I really don’t think you should do anything for him if he doesn’t want it…” Ryeowook slowly stood up too.

“No! I wll do something and he will love it! Just you wait and see!” Kyuhyun said while walking toward the front door, but apparently the door was closer than he thought and he ran into it. He rubbed his head and then pointed at Ryeowook before opening the door, “I’ll show you! Sungmin will love this!!” Kyuhyun walked outside and closed the door behind him, but then opened the door once again, “And I’ll be back at five to see if someone else appreciates my plan!”

Kyuhyun shut the door again and Ryeowook shook his head, “Some men never listen…”



 

________________________________________________________________________________________



 

Kyuhyun sighed and walked down the street. Who else could he ask about his plan? He sighed and continued to walk around town. He walked into the park also, but stopped when he saw Heechul and Hangeng sitting on the park bench together.

“Heechul? Hangeng?” Kyuhyun walked over to them and asked.

“Hey Kyuhyun!” Heechul said.

“Hi!” Hangeng smiled.

“What are you guys doing here? I thought you guys went back to Seoul.”

Hangeng nodded, “We d-did, but Heechullie see a c-clothes store…”

Kyuhyun laughed a bit, “Of course. Heechul, you and your fashion.”

“Hey, do not judge me. I am a prince thank you!” Heechul defended himself.

Hangeng and Kyuhyun laughed.

“Hey,” Kyuhyun started, “Can I ask you guys something?”

Heechul and Hangeng nodded.

“Well Sungmin’s birthday is in four day and I have an idea. Okay so I go out and-”

“Woah! Did you say birthday? Well, I’m the perfect at parties! So count me in for help!” Heechul said.

“Okay, cool! Thanks. Now for his gift, so I go out and-”

“We’re gonna need streamers, balloons, plates, forks, knives, spoons, ice cream, cake…” Heechul continued talking while Kyuhyun sighed.

Kyuhyun looked at Hangeng and said, “Call me when he stops okay?”

Hangeng nodded and Kyuhyun walked off. Kyuhyun decided that he should head home. He’d ask Yesung about his plan tomorrow. Right now, he was getting tired. He decided to take a nap when he gets home. By the time he got home, Sungmin was waiting for him.

“Hi Kyu!” Sungmin said when Kyuhyun entered.

Kyuhyun gave him a soft smile, “Hi.”

“How was Yesung?” Sungmin asked.

“Oh, he was at college so I didn’t see him.”

“Oh.. That .” Sungmin replied.

Kyuhyun nodded, “Yeah… Hey um Sungmin…”

“Yes?”

“So you…. Maybe like…. Well I mean… Do you… Hmm…”

“Kyuhyun? Just spit it out.” Sungmin said.

Kyuhyun took a deep breath before closing his eyes and quickly saying, “Whatdoyouwantforyourbirthday?”

Sungmin rolled his eyes, “Kyuhyun, I already told you that I don’t want anything for my birthday! Having you with me is enough.”

“Really?”

Sungmin sighed and walked toward Kyuhyun, hugging tightly, “Yes. I love you.”

Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Sungmin, “I love you too.”

“And I swear if you spend any money on me or throw a party, I will kill you.”

“K-Kill me?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin nodded and burried his face in Kyuhyun’s chest. Kyuhyun quietly gulped. Well, he’ll only be alive for a few more days… Better make it last...