Day 6 - December 6th

31 Days Of December

    Sungmin stayed with Kyuhyun all through the night and into the next morning. When Kyuhyun fell asleep, he stayed asleep til’ the very next day, still in Sungmin’s warm, comforting embrace. Kyuhyun was also the first who woke up.

    He opened his eyes and looked up to see Sungmin sleeping peacefully,  his arms wrapped around Kyuhyun’s body. He remembered the reason they were like that in the first place.


Kyuhyun’s grandmother.


    Kyuhyun wanted to cry, he really did, but he had cried so much the day before that he had no more tears to shed. Thinking about his grandmother made him feel sad and lonely. He moved more into Sungmin’s embrace and accidentally woke the shorter boy. They locked eyes.

    “M-Mianhae…” Kyuhyun said quietly.

    “Are… Are you okay?” sungmin asked.

    “No.” Replied Kyuhyun calmly, “I’m broken. First I lose umma, and now halmeoni and I-”

    “W-Wait… Your m-mother d-died…?” Sungmin questioned.

    Kyuhyun nodded slightly.

    “I-If you don’t mind me asking… W-What happened..?”

    Kyuhyun hated bringing up the story about his mother. And to bring it up the day after his grandmother died, he didn’t want to. But he didn’t want to just leave Sungmin confused. Even though he’s only known Sungmin for six days, he decided to put some trust in the boy and tell him.

    “Last year, she got into an accident…”

    Sungmin nodded, telling him to go on.

    “It was also around Christmas time.” Kyuhyun continued, “I wasn’t living with her at the time, but I got a call from the police stating that she was… D-Dead… I almost didn’t believe it… I didn’t want to believe it. That’s when my grandmother called. The shock was great to her, but even greater to me. I felt scared and alone after she died, so I asked halmeoni if I could move in with her and of course she let me, but her health wasn’t the best… I knew she wasn’t that well, but I didn’t think she’d d-die so soon…”

    Sungmin stayed quiet.

    “I wish there was something I could do… I wish there was something anyone could do! I just want her back. I just want my umma back!” Kyuhyun cried, “I feel as if everyone’s saying goodbye, forever…”

    “It’s not goodbye from everyone.” Sungmin said.

    Kyuhyun looked up and his confused and wiped his tears with the sleeve of his shirt, “W-What..?”

    Sungmin gave Kyuhyun a small smile, “You’ve still got me.”

    Kyuhyun blinked a few times.

    “And I would never leave you.” Sungmin finished.

    Once again, Kyuhyun was at a loss for words. Sungmin had that special ability to make people speechless. The two stared at each other in silence. No words being said. No words needed to be said. Their eyes did all the talking.

    Kyuhyun didn’t know what it was about the boy, but he felt safe in his arms, in his stare, with him. Kyuhyun couldn’t help himself but to continue staring.

    “Sungmin…” Kyuhyun said quietly.

    “Y-Yes..?” Sungmin replied with the same quiet tone that Kyuhyun had.

    Kyuhyun moved closer to Sungmin. So close that their noses were touching. He didn’t know what he was doing, but he didn’t want to stop.

    “K-Kyu….” Sungmin’s voice trailed off.

    “Min…” Kyuhyun said quietly leaning forward a bit, in the softest voice he said, “Thank you…”

    Sungmin didn’t know what to think. Was Kyuhyun trying to kiss him? He didn’t want to wait and see because if Kyuhyun wasn’t about to kiss him, he’s be disappointed. Without further thinking, Sungmin leaned forward and placed his lips on Kyuhyun’s. Their hearts were racing.



    But something felt wrong.



    Sungmin pulled away and stared at Kyuhyun, a bit shocked from his own actions. Sungmin felt as if he had done something that Kyuhyun didn’t want to do.

    “S.. S-Sor-”

    Kyuhyun cut him off by placing his lips on Sungmin’s again. The smaller boy was shocked for a moment, but leaned more into the kiss. Kyuhyun tilted his head a bit, making the kiss deeper.

To Kyuhyun, this felt so wrong, but so right. It was wrong to him because the two had only met six days ago and their both boys. But it was right to him because this is the boy that promised to stay by him now that everyone he loves is gone. Maybe he was just trying to build up more trust, see if Sungmin actually will stay by his side. But why was his trust in a kiss?

    He didn’t know the answer. He decided to figure it out later. Right now all that mattered, was him, Sungmin, and the lack of space and air between them. Kyuhyun moved his lips across Sungmin’s and Sungmin did the same. Kyuhyun wanted to stop kissing him, but he just couldn’t. The smaller boy was drawing him closer. It was like, the more they kissed, the more they didn’t want to let each other go.

    Kyuhyun slowly pushed the other against the arm rest of the couch and pressed their chests together. It was impossible for them to get any closer. Sungmin raised his hand and tangled it in Kyuhyun’s curly brown locks. The two stayed like that until they absolutely needed to breathe and indeed they did pull away breathless.

    “Sungmin…” Kyuhyun whispered.

    Sungmin’s eyes were still closed and his lips were slightly apart. He slowly opened his eyes and stared at Kyuhyun.

    “I-I guess there’s a f-first for everything…” Sungmin said.

    “H-Huh…?” Kyuhyun asked confused.

    “My first kiss…”

    Kyuhyun stared at the boy wide eyed, “W-Wha- Why didn’t you tell me that!? I-It shouldn’t have been m-me!”

    Sungmin slightly giggled, “No it shouldn’t have been.”

    Kyuhyun looked at him with confusion and a bit of anger.

    Sungmin only smiled, “It had to be you.”