Day 1 - January 1st

31 Days Of December

Sungmin opened his eyes and saw that he was still in Kyuhyun’s embrace. He remembered last night. It was his first and it was also Kyuhyun’s first. Sungmin smiled. He loved Kyuhyun and he was happy they made the decision to do that. Sungmin snuggled closer to Kyuhyun and accidentally woke him up.

“S-Sorry…” Sungmin said.

“What day is it?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin thought for a minute, “It’s January first…”

“What time is it?” He questioned.

Sungmin turned over and looked at the alarm clock, “It’s almost seven o’clock.”

“What!?” Kyuhyun sat up quickly.

“Why? What’s wrong?” Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun confused.

Kyuhyun quickly stood up from the bed and looked at Sungmin, “Get dressed.”

“Why?”

“Don’t ask questions!” Kyuhyun replied.

Sungmin shut his mouth and did as he was told. In less than twenty minutes, he was dressed and was finishing combing his hair.

“Are you ready?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Yeah.. Where are we going?” Sungmin questioned.

“You’ll see.” Kyuhyun smiled.

Kyuhyun grabbed Sungmin’s hand and a bag of things he packed just for the day and dragged Sungmin out of the house. They both got into Kyuhyun’s car and Kyuhyun drove them to the airport. They both got out of the car.

“What are we doing here?”

“Stop asking questions until we get on the plane.” Kyuhyun said.

“What!?”

Kyuhyun grabbed his hand and ran toward the doors. They walked in and found their flight, just in time. Kyuhyun handed the lady their tickets and they both got on the plane, sitting next to each other.

The pilot's voice came through the speakers, “Hello everyone, this is your captain speaking. We will be arriving at Jeju in about an hour or less. I will now turn the time over to our stewardess’ and thank you for choosing our airlines.”

Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun, “J-Jeju…?”

Kyuhyun smiled and kissed Sungmin’s nose, “Don’t kill me, but Happy Birthday.”

Sungmin gave Kyuhyun a look of disappointment, “Kyu, I told you not to spend money on me!”

“I know, but I had to! I already paid for our room and everything!” Kyuhyun whined.

Sungmin sighed but then shocked Kyuhyun by hugging him, “Thank you.”

Kyuhyun smiled, “You’re welcome.”

The two fell asleep on the way to Jeju and woke up just before the captain announced their arrival. When they got off the plane, Kyuhyun took Sungmin to the first place on their visit, Jungmun beach. Kyuhyun took Sungmin to the bathroom and handed him some shorts that he packed. Sungmin and Kyuhyun both changed into the shorts and then exited. Sungmin still wore his shirt though…

“Min, why don’t you take your shirt off?” Kyuhyun asked.

“I… I-I’m insecure…” Sungmin looked away.

Kyuhyun walked toward him and put his hands on Sungmin’s waist, “You don’t have to be anymore. People aren’t going to judge you. The only person allowed to judge you is me and I think you’re beautiful.”

Sungmin blushed and Kyuhyun helped him pull the shirt off his body.

Kyuhyun smiled at him, “See, beautiful.”

Sungmin gave Kyuhyun a shy smile. The two headed toward the front of the beach and set out a blanket to lay on. They were both thanking Shisus that it doesn’t snow in Jeju. The weather was great! The sun was shining and they clouds were out. The warm breeze was calming to Sungmin. The two cuddled together on the blanket and looked up at the clouds.

Sungmin pointed at one of them, “Look at that one. It looks like a bunny.”

“So just like you?” Kyuhyun asked.

“What!?” Sungmin said, “I am not a bunny!”

“No, but you’re still cute like one.” Kyuhyun laughed.

“Yah!” Sungmin pouted.

After laying together, getting tan for awhile, Sungmin wanted to go in the water, so Kyuhyun followed him. Sungmin walked toward the edge of the ocean and ran away when it got near his feet.

Kyuhyun laughed at him, “Scared of the water?”

Sungmin shook his head, “N-No…”

Kyuhyun smirked, “Good, then you won’t mind me doing this!”

Kyuhyun picked up Sungmin bridal style and ran into the ocean with him, throwing him in when they got halfway. Sungmin fell under the water and came up, gasping for air.

KYU!!” Sungmin shouted.

Kyuhyun swam toward him and kissed his forehead, “I’m sorry baby, I love you.”

Kyuhyun and Sungmin swam around and stayed at the beach till about three o’clock. Then Kyuhyun brought him to out to lunch at a fancy restaurant. After that, Kyuhyun had no other plans until the night, so he let Sungmin chose what they do next. Sungmin wanted to head out to the mall and that’s what they did. It reminded Sungmin about when they went on their first 'date'. They stayed, walking around the mall, Sungmin buying whatever he wanted and Kyuhyun trying to buy him things, which Sungmin only denied.

By the time they were finished, it was about time for their dinner reservations. Kyuhyun brought Sungmin to the place he rented for the night. A beautiful bunker on top of the ocean with only one bed, a mini fridge and a bathroom. The place was beautiful. Sungmin stared in awe at the room.

"Do you like it?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Its beautiful!" Sungmin said.

The two left their bags in the room and headed out to dinner. A small luxiorous resturaunt that wasn't very far from the bunker. Kyuhyun let Sungmin order whatever he wanted, no matter the price.

When theit stomachs were full, they decided to head back to the bunker. Kyuhyun took this as the perfect opportunity to sing Sungmin the song he wrote for him. Kyuhyun headed over to the piano, which he had to pay extra to rent, and sat down.

Sungmin sat next to him and Kyuhyun took a deep breath, “I wrote this song when I moved away to Seoul. It’s about you and I want you to hear it.” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFmupNFbfhE)


 

Can I love you? I have something I want to say

But my lips are heavy and my heart has words that it couldn’t say even once

You’re getting farther away when I still have words I couldn’t say, my dear

Like a fool, I swallowed those words into my heart

Even though it hurts, I only want you

Please love me just once

Can I crazily call out your name just once?

Because of my heart, I want to go closer to your side

I tell you that it’s alright, that I’m here right now, my dear

Even though I get bruised by embracing you in my heart

Even though it hurts, I only want you

Please love me just once

Can I crazily call out your name just once?

Because of my heart, I want to go closer to your side

Do you know about my clumsy love?

As I see you turn away, I can’t say anything

So I will just place all my love inside my heart

Please love me just once

Can I crazily call out your name just once?

Because of my heart, I want to go closer to your side

In order to tell you, I want to go closer to your side

I love you, the person who I miss


 

Kyuhyun ended the song and looked over at Sungmin who had tears in his eyes, “So you loved me after you moved?”

“I loved you before I moved. I was just an idiot and couldn’t accept the feelings.” Kyuhyun replied.

Sungmin hugged the taller boy happily. The two boys then laid together snuggled up on the water bed, just talking the night away. Kyuhyun checked his watch and saw that it was only two minutes till eleven o'clock. He intertwined Sungmin's hand in his and then grabbed a clicker from the bedside table.

He looked at Sungmin and said, "Here's the best part if your birthday."

Kyuhyun pressed a button on the clicker and the roof to the bunker opened wide, revealing the beautiful night sky. Sungmin was amazed and as if on cue, fireworks began to light up the night sky.

Kyuhyun looked at his lover and pulled him closer, "Happy birthday Min. I love you."

Sungmin smiled the biggest smile and hugged Kyuhyun tightly, "Thank you so much! I love you more."

Kyuhyun leaned down and began kissing Sungmin passionately as the fireworks went off above them, until Kyuhyun remembered something. He pulled away.

"I almost forgot!" He reached into his pocket and then looked at Sungmin, "Close your eyes."

Sungmin did as he was told and closed his eyes. Kyuhyun pulled a small box out of his pocket and opened it, taking out a small item, he took Sungmin's left hand in his and placed something on his ring finger. Sungmin opened his eyes and inspected the item on his finger. It was a titanium ring with Kyuhyun's name engraved in it.

Kyuhyun smiled and showed Sungmin the same ring on his finger, but with Sungmin's name engraved, "They're promise rings. You can keep it on that finger and then if we ever decide to get married, I'll get us better rings."

Sungmin had small tears forming in his eyes, "Oh my god Kyuhyun!"

Kyuhyun smiled and Sungmin wiped his small tears. Sungmin was sure that he would never love anyone else besides Kyuhyun, ever.

"Thank you." Sungmin whispered before passionately kissing Kyuhyun again.



 

This is the tale of two completely different boys who started out badly. Both lost someone important in their lives and both met someone important in their lives.


 

Each other.