Day 23 - December 23rd

31 Days Of December

So far, Sungmin thought his plan was working, but Kyuhyun also thought his plan of regaining Sungmin’s memory was working. Having the two plans collide made a perfect plan built into one.

Though Sungmin needed space to breath, away from Kyuhyun. He needs to keep up his forgetting act, but it’s getting hard to do so. All he needs to hear is three little words from Kyuhyun and Sungmin will tell him the truth, but he needs a breather. Acting is hard work.

Sungmin grabbed his coat and walked outside. He headed toward the sidewalk but stopped when he saw Kyuhyun sitting on the porch of the house next to his. He wanted to ignore it and continue walking, but for some reason, he couldn’t.

He sighed before shouting, “Yah, Cho, what are you doing over there?”

Kyuhyun looked up and smiled. He stood up happily, making Sungmin confused. Kyuhyun made a gesture for Sungmin to come closer to him.

Sungmin rolled his eyes and walked toward the other, “What do you want?”

“I thought you wanted something? You got my attention…” Kyuhyun smirked.

“I… You… W-What are you doing out here?” Sungmin asked angrily.

“This is my old house, remember?” Kyuhyun said.

“No.”

Kyuhyun laughed, “Yeah you do.”

Sungmin rolled his eyes again, “Whatever, do what you want.”

“Hey, I wasn’t finished talking to you.” Kyuhyun grabbed Sungmin’s right arm, stopping the boy from walking off.

“Let me go!” Sungmin shouted.

Kyuhyun released his arm, “Alright fine, I just don’t want to lose you.”

Sungmin stopped in his tracks and slowly turned around, “What?”

Kyuhyun looked at the ground with a soft smile, “You know when you lose someone, when they break your heart or leave, it’s the hardest thing you could ever go through. Time passes and you may think you’re getting better, but you’re not. You fall apart. They stole your happiness and yet you still miss them. Even if they broke all their promises, you want to keep yours, and you’re terrified of getting hurt again. You want to cry because you miss them but you can’t because you’ve already poured out all your tears, so instead you tell yourself you hate them and you don’t miss them when really, you know you always will.”

Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun. Everything he just said was what Sungmin had said about his parents one night on his porch.

“I know you’ve been alone since you were little and you need someone in your life, but it looks like fate gave you me, so you can’t just walk away like I did.” Kyuhyun finished.

Sungmin looked at the boy and sighed, “Why are you so nice to me when you know I don’t know you, or want you, or need you.”

Kyuhyun smiled again, “Because, how can I be cold to someone like you? If we were both cold to each other, we’d never get anywhere in life, would we? Someone has to try and that someone is going to be me. Awhile ago it was your turn, but now it’s mine.”

Sungmin said nothing, only stared into the taller boys dark brown orbs. He walked closer, not knowing, he felt like he was being drawn closer to him. He stopped when he got in front of Kyuhyun. The two only stared deep into the others eyes. Then suddenly Sungmin hugged Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was shocked.

“I hate you.” Came three words from Sungmin’s mouth.

Kyuhyun didn’t know whether to hug him or just stand there confused and shocked. He ended up slowly wrapping his arms around Sungmin, pulling the boy closer to him.

“You gave away your first kiss to me, you could never hate me.” Kyuhyun said, reminding Sungmin of what he had said a long time ago.

The two stayed like that for what seemed like forever, until Sungmin looked up at the other. Kyuhyun gave Sungmin a soft smile and leaned down, kissing Sungmin’s cold nose. Sungmin blinked a few times, making Kyuhyun chuckle a bit.

“I….” Sungmin’s voice trailed off.

He pushed Kyuhyun away from him and began walking back toward his house.

“I told you, I hate you.” Sungmin said.

Kyuhyun only smiled and whispered to himself, “Love you too.”

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys, last short update! Promise!! Well, tomorrow’s Christmas Eve!! I’m so excited can’t wait!! I just went out to see the new movie “Frozen” with my best friends, so that’s why the update is a little late… Sorry bout’ that… Haha Anyways, Thankyu to my Commenters, Readers, Subscribers, and Upvoters! See you all tomorrow!!(: